CSL DD with V3 Pedals and Clubsport V2.5 Wheel

Anyone able to make this combo work with F1 2021

My setup works fine on iRacing and ACC, but F1 does not see my wheels or base, Fanalab works fine and all drivers are up to date. If anyone has a solution will be greatly appreciated. Tks

Comments

• Have you tried putting the DD in compatibility mode?

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

It needs to be in compatibility mode prior to loading the game. This is until native support for the CSL DD arrives.

• tks for the reply

yes, I have in Compatibility mode before starting the game and still wheel or base wont show on confg screen. I even re-install the game fresh, and also try to delete the hardware setting files inside the game folder and it makes no difference. I just dont know what else I can do. Do you have this game with the same wheel base? it works for you? any other suggestions? thanks again

cheers

• Gregg DomainGregg Domain Member
    edited September 2021

I've been having similar issues trying to get games to recognize my CSL DD with McLaren wheel lately, when needing to use CMP mode. From a bit of trial and error, I've found what works best for me is:

1. Boot up PC, Fanalabs launches on boot.
    2. Wheelbase is in PC mode, is detected by Fanalabs.
    3. Manually load the appropriate control profile for the game I'll be playing.
    4. Switch wheel to CMP mode.
    5. Close Fanalabs.
    6. Launch game.

That seems to be pretty reliable, but sometimes I'll need to power off/on the wheel or reboot the entire system if things get too wonky. I'm also not entirely sure whether it's necessary to close Fanalabs, but I thought maybe I should, since switching into CMP mode seems to break the link between it and the wheel/base/pedals.

Granted, I haven't played F1 2021, but this process seems to work pretty consistently with ACC and Forza Horizon 4.

• This help me a lot. Thank you. I am new with fanatec and had same problem. I think i need pc mode (red indicator) and didnt know to switch on wheel base 2.5 compatibility (yellow indicator). Now when i want play other racing games like AC or iRacing in near future i must switch it back or stay on this mode?

• You can try PC mode and see if the game will recognize it as a "CSL DD" in the device presets for the game. If it's not recognized, switch to CMP mode. All this does is change the USB ID of the wheelbase, so that the game will see it as a CSW 2.5 (an older model of Fanatec wheelbase). It doesn't change the FFB at all or otherwise limit the functionality of the wheelbase in any way, so don't worry about that.

For simplicity's sake, I'd say just leave it in CMP mode. Then you can be assured that any game you play will recognize it. Literally the only drawback is that the game will say you're using a CSW 2.5. Regarding actual gameplay, you'll have an identical experience.