Help! Tried to update firmware, failed motor firmware update, now fan is running 100%

Any help appreciated! Finally made the jump to PC from console. I have very limited knowledge about PC's. Followed the instructions to update my DD2. Wheel base firmware updated to 686 no problems. Wheel base motor firmware failed repeatedly to update to 40. Now the wheel base is running the fan 100% and I have no idea how to fix this. Please let me know what other information you may need to help me out of this mess!

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Ted,

It is normal for the fan to spin at 100% when the wheel base firmware and motor firmware versions are mismatched. As for why the motor firmware update is failing, that could be for a number of reasons. One thing that you could try is to use a different USB port, or a different PC to perform the update. If you are still having problems please contact support by creating a Support Ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account, or you can try the Live Chat feature, open Monday to Friday, 8 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. (CEST). Live Chat is active whenever you see the headset icon on the site.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• I have the same issue and i don't know how to fix it