Fanatec Driver 415 for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)
To see the previous changelog of driver 411-412 please visit this post:
Changelog of 415 since 412
Firmware versions included
- CSL DD : 22.214.171.124 (NEW)
- CSL DD Motor: 126.96.36.199
- CSL DD WQR : 188.8.131.52
- CSW V1 Base : 686
- CSW V2 Base : 686
- CSW V2.5 Base: 686
- CSL E Base : 686
- CSL E Base PS4: 686
- DD1 / DD2 Base: 686
- CSL/CSW Motor: 22
- DD1 Motor: 40
- DD2 Motor: 40
- SW McLaren: 32
- SW McLaren V2: 41
- Formula V2: 41
- Podium HUB: 6
- Podium BME: 18
- CSL SW WRC: 3
- CSL UH: 3
- CSP V3: 1.32
- CSL EP LCK: 1.10
New driver UI
- Fixed some button input indicators.
- Fixed FW update for CSL UH not getting prompted.
- Changed update order to do motor firmware before base firmware to prevent needing to do the center calibration twice.
- Added link to driver download so it's easier to check if a newer version is available. There will be an implemented update function with notification later on.
- Added links section to the "No Device Found" page for easier trouble shooting if needed.
- Added BoostKit detection for CSL DD. Boost kit logo will be shown on the wheel base page if in use.
- Improved handling of MPS when in CONST or PULSE, positions should now always match.
- Potential fix of UI not opening for CSL UH in special cases.
CSL DD Firmware
- Fixed tuning menu not visible on Universal Hub 7-segment display
- Fixed visual bug of SEN bar in the standard mode tuning menu
- Added missing bar for MPS setting on small OLED screens
How to use the new function to collect log files
- Open the new UI via the desktop short cut or search for "Fanatec Control Panel". When the base is connected this only works with CSL DD and P DD. If you have a belt driven base you need to turn it off and then click on the shortcut so the new UI opens, then the collect log function will be on the first page)
- Press the "Collect Logs" button.
- This may take ~30 sec to collect all log files and put them into a .zip archive.
- The folder with the .zip will appear and you can upload it to the forum when reporting an issue.
- The classic way of collecting logs is to put the files from the following folder into a .zip: C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs. The downside oft his is, that it won't include the windows logs.
- Podium wheel base jolts can happen on ITM or analysis screens of the base display. A workaround is to use the default screen with “Fanatec” logo while driving. We are working on a fix which involves an extensive re-write of the Podium DD firmware.
- The CSL DD power button pulses when opening the UI which doesn't affect functionality.
- The CSL DD power button color can appear different during the mode change but will be correct after the mode is completely changed. Does not affect functionality.
- BMW GT2 wheel on CSL DD can have ghost button inputs when pressing a D-Pad direction.
- New UI appearance requires further refinements, coming soon.
- Some people report that using 918 or BMW steering wheel won't allow full torque on the P DD while for others its working fine, we are investigating.
- CSL Elite, CSW and pedals via USB are still not supported by the new UI. This will be added later.
Compatible FanaLab Version:
How to report issues:
If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:
- Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue and find out if its caused by driver OR firmware.
- Which driver OR firmware does show the issue
- Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
- Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have cause the issue
- Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following information:
- Wheel Base Model (product ID): ...
- Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
- Driver Version: ....
- Base FW Version: ....
- Motor FW Version: ....
- Wheel FW Version: ....
- FanaLab Version: ....
- Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive or else?
- With driver related issues collect log files and zip them from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs