CSL DD USB not recognized

When I first connected and started the CSL DD I had some problems but got it working after some time and everything showed up in the software and could be set up. Then I started ACC to try the wheelbase out for the first time and drove a few laps. Everything worked fine and felt amazing! Then I started F1 2021 and after some time the USB disconnected and the wheelbase stopped working. Since then my PC doesn't recognize the USB anymore and the Fanatec Software shows no devices anymore. It says Unkown USB-Device (Error requesting the device description) Driver error. When powering up the wheelbase it is just calibrating over and over again.

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Is it recognized in the Fanatec Driver software? If not try removing the Fanatec device from the printers and devices control panel and then plug the wheel in.

• Same problem here with the CSL DD base. Also no power-light at all when I press the on-botton. Only a little rotation to the left and right if I hold the botton. PC doesn't recognize a device at all!

• My CSL elite wheelbase is not being detected at all even though it's in PC mode. It starts up, moves the steering wheel around, but is not detected by my computer and ps5.... somebody

• I have exactly the same Problem.

Its only rotation a little bit and than doing nothing

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Please contact support so that we can troubleshoot these problems in more detail. You can contact them by creating a Support Ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account, or you can try the Live Chat feature, open Monday to Friday, 8 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. (CEST). Live Chat is active whenever you see the headset icon on the site.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Scott BlaneyScott Blaney Member
    edited October 2021

Same kind of problem. I can get it detected but then it gets dropped. Power button will not turn it off. Have to unplug power. It was a fun 3 laps.

I will turn in a support ticket

• Same problem, order R2Race Maclaren setup on 31 December, arrived 22 January, 2 problems, first McLaren box arrived without the wheel, only accessories came, report same day and until now no response, and after less than 30min CSL DD start to smell like burn, and after that PC can't connect or detect the base.... really bad because that supposed to be for my brother birthday February 8