Problem with F1 2021 (PC) automatic throttle and braking

edited October 2021 in F1 20xx

Hello,

I have the CSL DD with the Formula V2.5 steering wheel and CSL pedals since today. I´m having huge issues with the settings in F1 games. Before I had a logitech wheel (with F1 mod) and everything was fine.

If I start a session, I have automatic throttle with 50% and 50% brake, the same issue is with F1 2020...I tested it. In the fanatec software everything is correct at 0%.

If I put 50% on brake/Throttle pedal "play" and saturation to 100% in F1 2021 settings . But this cant be the solution. The first 50% of both pedals have no function then. So undriveable...

Also the LED have no function. Thats a small problem, but must work for this price.

Did anyone have this problem before or knows how to fix this please?

Greetings

Stefan (son of Klaudia) ;)

PS: reinstall of the software or installation of fanlab - no change. even without any software it was 50% brake and 50% throttle...

Comments

• Hi,

I have the same setup and everything is ok : are you sure you have the CSL DD in compatiblity mode ?

• Markus RauhMarkus Rauh Member
    edited October 2021

Hello,

I have the exact same setup and had the exact same problem...switching from PC Mode to Compatiblity Mode fixed it.

Cheers,

Markus

• On the Fanatec website it still recommends to use Compatability mode.

It looks like Codemasters messed up some integration with the CSL pedals connected to the wheel. If you switch to 2.5 compatibility mode by tapping on the power button it should turn from red to yellow then it should work.

It is working for me this way.

CSL DD

(Compatibility Mode)

Tuning Menu Settings:

SEN 360

FF 100

FFS Peak

NDP 25

NFR 0

NIN 0

INT 6

FEI 100

FOR 100

SPR 100*

DPR 100*

BLI User Preference

SHO 100

BRF User Preference

*SPR has no effect, DPR is directly associated with the Wheel Damper in-game setting.

In-Game Settings:

Vibration & Force Feedback: On

Vibration & Force Feedback Strength: 65

On Track Effects: 10

Rumblestrip Effects: 25

Off Track Effects: 25

Wheel Damper: 10

Understeer Enhance: Off

• edited October 2021

I had this same problem. Turn on your CSL DD and wait for it to initialize, then press the power button until the indicator LED turns yellow, this is CSW V2.5 compatibility mode, then tune to the recommended settings in the quoted post. This will make the CSL DD work like a charm with F1 2021.

Remember Red LED = PC MODE, White LED = XBOX MODE and Yellow LED = CSW V2.5 Compatibility mode

• I wonder why Compatibility mode is still required, EA listed the CSL DD as supported in a recent blog post :(

Blog Post Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/f1/f1-2021/news/f1-2021-patch-112-notes

• Sorry for the mistake, GREEN LED (ON THE CSL DD) = XBOX MODE