Brake fluttering

edited October 2021 in Pedals

After 5-10 Minutes of driving the brake (Clubsport V3) constantly brakes between 1-10 %. After a restart it is gone again and comes back after 5-10 Minutes. I cleaned the pedals, but nothing changed.

I tried to set a deadzone in the Fanatec driver (the "Min"-Value in the manual mode) but this calibration is lost after a few minutes.

The pedals are connected to a DD1, not directly via USB. Would that make a difference or is there a problem with driver 415 where it doesn't save calibrations?

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Christian,

What happens if you set a very high Min point, e.g. at 25% input. Does it still come back after a few minutes?

• edited October 2021

Yes it does. Really annoying. I'll open a support ticket. Even if the deadzone would work it is not acceptable for such an expensive piece of equipment after only 1,5 years of use.

Edit: I tried a bunch of other things, I'm really pissed now. I connected the pedals via USB (don't worry, I unplugged the RJ12 cable first). Then I was told there was a firmware upgrade (why doesn't the driver tell me about that when connected via RJ12???). No worries, was only from 1.31 to 1.32. Updated successfully. I was surprised, that I then had to use the "old" game controller UI, but who cares. I had a little hope. Started driving, after a few minutes the flickering came back (visible both in the driver and the ACC Control menu). Set a deadzone (about 25 %, the old UI doesn't give you a value) in the driver, maybe it will work with th old UI. No joy, after three laps of Donington the deadzone was lost and the flickering came back. Then I set a deadzone of 20 % in ACC (the flickeringwas up to about 10 % in the ACC Control Menu). After a few minutes the brake flickering came back anyway, the amplitude had doubled. This is unacceptable.

These pedals were the only piece of equipment I have from that did't have to get RMA'd (I already sent in the DD1, the Formula V2 - twice, and am about to send in the shifter. Do I win a prize now?

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Christian,

I'm sorry to hear about your issues. I can see that support has already replied and are sending you new parts.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• It's ok, a night of sleep helped. Your support is (as always) excellent, it is just a shame that it is nedded so often.