Car does not move on start in GT Sport

The car does not move on the start of a GT Sport Race. Everything works, gas, brake , shifters etc. You see and hear the input of the gas but the car does not move. The same happens when you get off track or have an accident and you are put back on the track the car will not move. I can push the gas on the PS4 controller and then the car reacts again with the fanatec system but the gas does not work as before. The car acceleration is much slower.

For example: I start on pole. Use the PS4 controller to give gas and drive away, take over with the gas on the pedals and then the car is about 4 second per round slower. I have tried with the F1 wheel and Porsche Wheel. Please let me know how to fix this because in this way I cannot race properly.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Ronni, it sounds like a calibration issue on the pedals; perhaps you are not getting a full throttle input, or the brake input is slightly activated all the time. If you have the CSL Elite Pedals LC or ClubSport Pedals V3, this might be solvable with a manual calibration, but if you have the standard CSL Elite Pedals they might need a physical adjustment.

Can you check the pedal input on PC?

• You can see gas input ingame

• Thanks for the info.

I have solved the problem. It was the handbrake. I had to connect the cable on the V3 pedals because I have mounted the pedals on the plate of my seat. But I did not have the mount to put the handbrake on so I did not connect it. After I did everything works as it should be. I am going to calibrate the V3 anyway only thing is I have to dismount it as I did not connect the usb cable as I thought I did not needed it.

• Thanks for the info.

I have solved the problem. It was the handbrake. I had to connect the cable because I have mounted the pedals on the plate of my seat. But I did not have the mount to put the handbrake so I did not connect it. After I did everything works as it should be. I am going to calibrate the V3 anyway only thing is I have to dismount it as I did not connect the usb cable as I thought I did not needed it.

• Im also having the same issue, except my handbrake was hooked up and working, now does not work. How do i fix this?

• Hi guys,

I have also had problems with GT Sport online regarding the car sometimes not moving at the start or if you spin off (not that I ever do). I use PS5, podium, shifter, V3 pedals & handbrake. I also find that I cannot use manual gears generally, only paddles.

All my kit is on a Trak Racer rig, with everything connected to the Podium hub. Are you suggesting I should connect the handbrake to the pedals, or have you any other comments?

Happy Racing

• Not moving on start at GT Sport Online races are related to your internet connection. Try restart your router (unplugged him from power), before loading the game go to your network sertings in console menu and make Internet connection test (nat3 is not good, at least you need nat2 connection) and after that load the game.

Also, wired connection is much better for online gaming than wireless. And, try to add fixed ip adress to your console in router settings

For manual shifting read this https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/manual/#!/controller/content02