Assetto Corsa Competizione (Xbox One) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
edited August 2021 in Assetto Corsa

General Notes:

• The settings below are considered to be reasonable baseline values for Assetto Corsa Competizione (Xbox One). They might not suit all tastes and driving styles, but they are a good starting point.
  • In order to apply the suggested settings correctly, it is important to assign both the Tuning Menu values AND the suggested In-Game settings together.
  • For the Podium Series settings, it is assumed that the Torque Key is being used.
  • The in-game Force Feedback 'Gain' setting has the biggest impact on signal strength (and clipping). Reasonable default values have been suggested below, but the signal will vary depending on the car, car setup, tyre condition, track condition, etc. It can be useful to check the 'FF' meter in the HUD while driving to fine-tune the Gain setting to avoid too much clipping.
  • IMPORTANT: The Xbox One version of ACC currently has a dramatically reduced FFB signal strength. This will be addressed in the next game update. For now, while it might be tempting to run very high Gain values, this will clip the signal (losing detail) and is not recommended. Instead, Tuning Menu FF values above 100 available on ClubSport and CSL Elite wheel bases (normally not recommended due to the potential for overheating the motor), may give you a better experience until the signal strength from the game is fixed (note that this will also generate more oscillation). The Podium wheel bases have enough performance headroom to run within the '100' range, but the settings below will feel EXTRA STRONG in any other game, so please use these temporary settings with caution.
  • Due to the latency caused by the 30fps target on the Xbox One version of ACC, the force feedback is prone to oscillation. This behaviour can be mitigated by reducing overall Force Feedback strength (both the FF setting in the Tuning Menu, and the Gain setting in-game), increasing the Natural Damper, Friction, and Inertia (direct drive wheel bases), running lower/negative Drift values (belt-driven wheel bases). Reasonable values are suggested below, but this is worth experimenting with.
  • 1-to-1 rotation of the steering wheel currently requires manual adjustment of 'SEN' per car. The easiest way to do this is to bring up the 'SEN' setting, rotate your steering wheel through 180 degrees (while stationary in the car), and then adjust the SEN via the FunkySwitch/D-pad until the in-game steering wheel aligns with yours. Once you have set the steering sensitivty correctly, we suggest switching to the closer 'dashboard' camera, to avoid the visual latency of the in-game wheel animation.
  • Ensure you are using the latest wheel base firmware.
  • The Tuning Menu settings for the Podium wheel base includes the new features introduced with the Performance Update (Driver version 352 or higher).

Podium Wheel Base DD1 / Podium Racing Wheel F1® PS4™

Tuning Menu Settings:

• SEN Manual adjustment per car
  • FF 75 (this is a temporary setting due to the low in-game signal strength. Use with caution on other games)
  • FFS Peak
  • NDP 38
  • NFR 3
  • NIN 25
  • INT 2
  • FEI 100
  • BLI User Preference
  • SHO 100
  • BRF User Preference

In-Game Settings:

• Steer lock: 1080
  • Gain: 70
  • Min Force: 0
  • Dynamic Damping: 100
  • Road Effects: 0

Podium Wheel Base DD2

Tuning Menu Settings:

• FF 75 (this is a temporary setting due to the low in-game signal strength. Use with caution on other games)
  • FFS Peak
  • NDP 38
  • NFR 3
  • NIN 25
  • INT 2
  • FEI 100
  • BLI User Preference
  • SHO 100
  • BRF User Preference

In-Game Settings:

• Gain: 70

ClubSport Wheel Base V2

Tuning Menu Settings:

• FF 150 (this is a temporary setting due to the low in-game signal strength. Not recommended for other games)
  • SHO 100
  • ABS User Preference
  • DRI Off
  • BLI User Preference

In-Game Settings:

• Steer lock: 900
  • Gain: 75

ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5

Tuning Menu Settings:

• FF 150 (this is a temporary setting due to the low in-game signal strength. Not recommended on other games)
  • SHO 100
  • ABS User Preference
  • DRI -05
  • BLI User Preference
  • FEI 100

In-Game Settings:

CSL Elite Wheel Base (V1)

Tuning Menu Settings:

• FF 150 (this is a temporary setting due to the low in-game signal strength. Not recommended on other games)
  • SHO 100
  • ABS User Preference
  • DRI Off
  • BLI User Preference
  • FEI 100

In-Game Settings:

CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 / CSL Elite Wheel Base +

• Tuning Menu Settings:
  • SHO 100
  • ABS User Preference
  • DRI -05
  • BLI User Preference
  • FEI 070

In-Game Settings:

CSL DD

Tuning Menu Settings:

• FF 100
  • FFS Peak
  • NDP 50
  • NFR Off
  • NIN Off
  • INT 2
  • FEI 100
  • BLI User Preference
  • SHO 100
  • BRF User Preference

In-Game Settings:

• Gain: 100 (temporary suggestion due to the low in-game signal strength)

Comments

• I have a fanatec dd2 wheel base with a set of clubsport V3 peddles with the performance kit and damper, connected to a Xbox S. I have calibrated the peddles both automatically and manually through the fanatec software, several times. 

My complaint is that within 5 laps of any track in any game mode with any car I start to experience loss of power, as if the gas peddle is not able to achieve 100% throttle, and the longer you drive the worse the gas pedal becomes. By 30 laps it is almost impossible to shift pass 4th gear in most cars cause it no longer has the power to pull its self down the straights. (On Paul Richard down the big straight I can barely get 5th gear) I can see that full throttle is being shown on the gauges in the HUD, but the the in game car is not demonstrating full throttle performance (slow rev, lack of top end power). I am very in-tune with what the Audi R8 5.2 v10 (both) sounds like at full throttle and how it revs through all gears and the car is acting anemic. I am a huge fan boy of this car and feel very confident in my statement, I have looked in to all possibilities that I can think of, I have also kept an open mind on my own possible errors and abilities. 

I have tried calibrating the peddles several times, with “little” to no success. I have been able to calibrate the peddles in a manner where they will work for a little bit long, by setting the min and max of the peddle travel. By setting the peddle travel minimum value about 20% off the bottom and setting the maximum about 20% down from the top of the allowed peddle travel. It was payable, but after about 10 laps (20 minutes) of racing/practicing the peddle will start to lose “power”, but still represents full throttle on screen in the HUD. I have noticed I can shut my wheel base down the middle of a lap/race/practice session and regain full throttle for a short period of time, but soon after cycling the power on the wheel base the throttle peddle begins to loss “power” again within a lap or two (5 minutes at the most). I’m pretty sure the brake peddle is exhibiting the same issues (slowly degrading usability) but isn’t as apparent.

Please give me any insight you may have. I have been trying to troubleshoot this issue for over a month now. I can provide video as I can duplicate this problem/issues 100% of the time upon request.

I would like to race in the online lobbies but I can NOT do so cause by 2-5 laps in I am being out ran down every straight. 

I understand skill level is going to come in as a determining factor but I assure you that I am being honest in my abilities. I am not the fastest or skilled racer/driver, but I know that I am quicker and more consistent than the game is allowing

Is anyone else experiencing this ? Please please help anyone!!!

Thank you, 

NogwaG and Newlymrs

Zeke and Heather S.

• Hi Everbody,

Does anyone know if the FF problem in the game has been fixed yet?

Thank you in advance!

• edited January 2021

Hi guys,

I am new to (serious) Sim Racing and Fanatec Products, so please be gentle 😉 I have absolutely zero experience with all the settings.

I am running Assetto Corsa Competizione on a Xbox Series X and for me it seems like the settings can not be carried over from the old XBox.

Major Problem I have it seems like the ratio of the steering wheel doesn't match the game from about 90° onwards. I have to turn pretty hard on the wheel but the car is only barely turning.

It would be nice if somebody can give me a starting point for running on the new XBox.

There are also constant small oscillations in the wheel while I am standing still.

My setup consists of:

ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5

ClubSport Lenkrad Universal Hub for Xbox One

ClubSport Pedals V3

I bought it in December and made a Firmware update a few days ago (so should be up to date).

• Hello,

I am having the same issue mentioned above by Stefan.

All seems well except for the force feedback. I tried using this setup on the regular Assetto Corsa, and it felt great. However, on Competizione, the force feedback is lacking tremendously compared to other games. If there is anything anyone may suggest, please let me know as I was really looking forward to playing ACC with the Clubsport v2.5. Thanks

• Hello, to clarify, it seems like the force feedback is lacking in ACC on xbox. Anyone else feel this way?

• the ffb problem in acc is known but will never be the same as on the pc. d3t who can support acc on consoles or do not want to fix it

• I recently purchased a DD1 with the formula V2 wheel. It says in the settings post above that a patch would be coming to fix the lack of ffb in ACC, is this still going to happen?

Feel like I wasted money on the DD1, ffb isn't any stronger than my G920 was in ACC. Original Assetto Corsa works fine.

• The FFB was updated months ago for ACC Xbox One. If you have the torque key in, 35 wheel FFB feels about as strong at 80 FFB did on my CSW 2.5.

However, I didn't care for the recommended settings here, and I usually do. For DD, turn the nat damper down to 10 or so, friction 3, inertia 10, interpol 1 to 9, intensity 100. ABS around 80 feels right.

• When I set FFB on the wheel to 100 it feels about the same as 25 on the PC.

• That is strange. Dumb question, but you definitely have it in Hi torque, correct? Make sure it is in Xbox mode. There is also PC and CSW.

100 FFB will snap your wrists when it working correctly.

Good luck

• Hey Guy's, what's about the CSL DD and the weak FFB on ACC? Does we have also the option to increase FFB up to 200 on Wheelbase Menu? I will be on of those who plays on XBox Series S and I'm not amused about the weak FFB. Also the usage of only 5 Buttons in game ist very annoying.

Regards

Joerg

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Joerg,

Currently it's not possible to boost the strength like this on CSL DD. This general issue with ACC on Xbox is something that the developers should have addressed some time ago, we have highlighted the problem to them again.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Hi Dominic,

thank you for the fast answer. So I will see how it works and will tell my experience into the forum or on a clip youtube. I've preordered the CSL DD Boost Kit within the 2nd wave and hope to get it soon.

• edited August 2021

Hey,

the ffb is really weak with the csl dd at acc (even with 100 gain and clipping). Hope there will be a solution, thats frustrating.

• Dominic,

Going by what you were saying earlier, do you know if the FFB issue is being addressed in the next gen update for next year? I tried reaching out to them myself but haven't gotten anywhere. I wish there was a way to put a FFB mod on a Xbox, then we could solve this ha. And if anybody has some more tricks on this to make it better I am all ears. ( My CSL DD is great btw)

• The XBOX One X CSL DD Force feedback is not working on Assetto Corsa Competizion. It seems to be capped at around 20% as compared to Asseto Corsa 1. I used the same settings on AC and it nearly broke my arms. wheel at 85% ACC in game gain 90%. I had to reduce AC gain to 50%!!!! There is a huge issue with Kunos. Please help. it works amazing on AC. The difference is night and day. This is unacceptable.

• edited September 2021

After a very disappointing test on the XBox Series S, I have now switched to PC. That's when I first became aware of how badly the Force Feadback was implemented on the consoles. There are worlds between console Force Feadback and PC Force Feadback. No matter whether AC, ACC or Dirt 2.0, the signal is extremely spongy and noisy, so that you can't derive any subtleties. I have since sold the XBOX. Shame about the money spent on the console sims.

PS: The CSL Elite also still cuts a really good figure on the PC, in contrast to its use on the XBOX.

• I contacted 505 games and 3dt about the issue, and both keep referring to Kunos. I have tried reaching out to them several times and have got nothing. I wish they would at least acknowledge it. No response at all is ridiculous.

• I was always aware the ffb on xbox was weaker, but besides acc i was pretty happy with the fbb with my G920 on AC, DR 2.0 and PC2. i recently upgraded to the cls dd with boost kit and was quit dissapointed. i am happy with the increased strenght, but expected to be blown away by the quality and i was simply not. the fbb on acc feels the same as on my g920. i dont blame fanatec. i am convinced the cls dd is a fantastic wheelbase, but i came to realise in order to fully enjoy the potential i have to switch to pc

• Hi,

I'm new on this forum and I just get:

Fanatec Base DD2 + Pedals V3 inverted + Shifter + Handbrake (playseat sensation pro ) ..

Imediately I updatet also all firmwares ...

Also those four wheels :

Fanatec WRC CLS Elite Steering Wheel WRC  XBOX/PC

Fanatec CSL Elite Steering Wheel MCLaren GT3 V2 XBOX/PC

Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 X XBOX/PC

Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel GT Forza Motorsport V2 XBOX/PC

Im useing latest XBOX X

Games I play most :

FORZA MotorSport 7 / WRC10 (most) / Dirt 2.0 / Assetto Corsa / Assetto Corsa Compezione / F1 2021 / Project Cars 2 / Horizon 5

Please for help to get best settings for those games in my hardware combination.... It is strange that WRC10 have inside game all Fanatec comercials but I can not find settings for my Wheel ''Fanatec WRC CLS Elite Steering Wheel WRC'' any settinhs and also DD2 at this wheel shows me LOW TRQ ... no chance to set to HI TRQ and key evrithing is inside... at others GT3 Wheels shows in other games HI TRQ

Please help me find best settings for my combination for those games ....

best regards and a lot of heath to all

alesk76

• hello everyone I got today acc on xbox x series (I state that I always play on pc with acc) I wanted to know if the force feedback problem has been solved and how to configure thanks

• Hey,

sadly there is no solution so far. Currently it's not possible to boost the strength like other bases on CSL DD. And when i unterstand fanatec right, they are not making it possible due to possibly other problems as a sideffect. The current version of acc for xbox isn't being supported anymore. So i think we have to wait for the next gen update. In hope that the problem is solved there.

Again, i wish that fanatec makes a workaround by letting us booth the strength as promised in the beginning. But i have to point out, that the problem ist not fanatec its the xbox version of the game.

Best regards

Sönke

• I'm counting down and hoping that the next gen update in February will fix it. Sounds like the 1.8 PC version will basically be migrated over to the next gen update, so lets hope that happens. Then Ill just need some US tracks like Watkins Glen and Sonoma and I will be happy.

• Yes, hopefully February next gen patch will fix this, right now FFB is almost non existing. I expect this patch to uplift the game to current 1.8 PC version as they announce it will also introduce the new BMW M4.

• Hi all,

unbelievable what I'm reading.. I have a CSW 2.5 with Formula V2 and I would like to try the CSL DD. But at this point, on xbox console, that does not make any sense..

That issue on FFB is still present over 1 year and I solved with boost the FFB around 150 value (only in ACC!!)

I had read somewhere that will be fixed with the next gen patch (ACC)... we'll find out in two weeks!

I hope they will fix the formula steering wheel, because half of buttons , rev counter and other lights still not working.

• Finally we have some confirmation from FAQ provided by 505 games:

Will force feedback be improved for Xbox users?

• The team at Kunos have reviewed the new capabilities that Gen 9 consoles provide us and with this, we have made changes that ensure force feedback will take full advantage these changes.

More here

https://505games.com/faq-assetto-corsa-competizione-playstation-5-and-xbox-series-x-s-release/

• Gareth EvansGareth Evans Member
    edited February 2022

2days ago posted on 505... Still not a defo yes mind!

Might actually buy the update now though...

• I have a CSL DD, and I confirm that the FFB is 1000 times better since the update on Xbox Series X !!!

• Hi @Dominic Brennan, will be a new suggest settings after the next gen patch?