Partial Refund Known Fanatec issue

Im reading more and more about a Fanatec refund issue that is happening to me.

I made 2 orders which i both canceled within minutes of making them (i forgot to add pedals).

1st order was taken at -$618.85 USD which became -$813.89 CAD

2nd order was taken at -$158.90 USD which became -$208.98 CAD(pedals)

ordering pedals separately i had to pay another 50$ shipping so i decided to cancel and re-order everything together.

i got my refund back today......partially.

1st order of +$618.85 USD was returned which became +$755.81 CAD (short $58.04 CAD)

2nd order of +158.90 USD was returned which became + 194.06 CAD (short $14.92 CAD)

so i SOMEHOW lost $72.96.

ive sent an email today, obvi im not getting a response back for a few days but maybe someone can fill me in on wth is going on?

ive updated a screen shot to prove it. i should receive EXACTLY the amount that was taken out. exchange rate doesn't factor in. both times the exchange rate taken was MORE than what the rate was in reality. $618.85 USD translates to $783.02 CAD. yet MORE was taken and LESS was given to me.

im not saying this is a scam on me or fanatec being fradualent. im just generally confused and concerned. so far fanatec support has been good but am still waiting for this to clear up.

hopefully https://forum.fanatec.com/profile/Dominic%20Brennan will see this and help me

Comments

• i really think it was my bank and not fanatec...anyone have any thoughts on this?

• Looking at it, fanatec sent the same amount in usd back to you as they charged you,

My guess is your bank charged you a conversion fee on both the incoming and outgoing payments.

• yes im assuming thats what happened.

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited November 2021

That is what happened. Bank (fatcats) foreign exchange fees and charges. (Sorry to hear about your issue dude!)

Emerging companies are not able to have a branch in every country due to costs. Logistics, storage etcetc. Unfortunately customers have to deal with bank charges in those countries.

I think Fanatec only have a branch in US, EU(naturally), Japan & Australia. Even then, do they have a warehouse in America, Australia or Japan? Or is that just a online site for easier access from customers within that region?

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Sahand, unfortunately I am unable to assist you directly with this. Please contact Customer Service if you believe that there has been a payment issue. They can be reached via the Contact button at the top of the page, selecting the option 'I have a question about my order', or you can use the Live Chat system, which is active whenever the headset icon appears on the site.

[Fanatec Community Manager]