Help!! Does anyone know why my CSL DD freezes when drifting?

Hi everyone. I've got a weird issue with my wheel that only seems to happen when drifting. I have linked a clip below that outlines the issue. My wheel freezes and loses FFB for a second while transitioning corners. I tried making sure everything was tight and connections are secure, firmware is updated etc but no luck. I've asked support and they want to go the RMA route for my base and wheel but I want to try all options before sending them back. Anyone have any idea as to what is causing this?

I'm using the CSL DD with the boost kit and a BMW GT2 wheel.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pduryfqvc3eehkv/Assetto%20Corsa%202021-12-07%2019-20-26.mp4?dl=0

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Erald,

It could be a USB issue, like a dodgy port in the PC or the port is going into power saving. Check the power management options in Device Manager... or try a different USB port. There could be several other reasons related to internal connections, which is why Fanatec Support want to call in both the base and the wheel for assessment.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• I have a similar problem and I have tried so many things but still cannot get an RMA after weeks of troubleshooting, I would be happy to accept an RMA on my CSL DD.

Mine is intermittent, only happens sometimes under heavy load but also can USB disconnect when sitting idle too.