How to downgrade to v346 and fix crashing Forza Horizon 5

Hello, Fanatec drivers!

Credits go to Reddit user: Torn88

"Are you sick of constant crashing? Me too. I already made a post with one work around, but this appears to be a better solution.

1. Go here and download the version 346 fanatec drivers
  2. Remove the old drivers by pressing "Start", type in "Apps and Features". From that window, search for 'Fanatec' and delete the "Fanatec Drivers Package"
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Install the new drivers downloaded in step 1.
  5. Restart your computer again. IF you're getting warnings/errors, just reopen the installer and repair.
  6. Start playing forza and have fun!

P.S. For those DD1/DD2 users out there, FFB is not really functioning with the wheel set to PC. Set it to COMP v2.5 and you'll be sweet."

Copy and pasted from: https://www.reddit.com/r/ForzaHorizon/comments/qpyuxn/attention_fanatec_fixed_forza_crashing_new_simple/

Credits go to Reddit user: Torn88

Just passing along the message as other solutions required downloading and installing 3rd party programs.

This worked for me both on Windows 10 Pro and Windows 11 Pro (Fresh install)

Only issue I've noticed is needing to rebind buttons each time you relaunch FH5

PC Specs:

Intel i9-10850K

Nvidia GeForce 1080 Ti

32gb ram

Rig Setup:

DD1 (Comp v2.5 MODE)

v3 Pedals

Shifter/Handbrake combo

Hopefully this helps some of ya'll with similar setups!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

Comments

• Thanks for this.

How well do these drivers work with other racing games, e.g.F1 and ACC?

• I just loaded up ACC to check the new update, and for the most part it was fine. I had to manually assign the wheel and pedals though. It did not recognize it with the fanatec presets. It worked fine though.

• Well, I would edit, but I just bought AMS2 because of the sale and update. And it refuses to recognize the wheel portion of my wheel period with the old drivers.

• Stefano CoccoStefano Cocco Member
    edited December 2021

I updated my DD to the latest version of the drive and Fanalab. In order to use the FH5 without freezing and crashing, is it possible to downgrade only the driver and leave everything else unchanged or do I risk creating problems at the engine base, the steering wheel and the pedals?

• I was fine just rolling back the driver and leaving the firmware alone.

• New Forza 5 Patch, same old story I'm afraid. Freeze crashes galore. FH 5 really is a sh*tfest.

• yann loranyann loran Member
    edited December 2021