[Resolved] CSW2.5 Usb disconnect sound followed by loss of FFB - everything else still works

Hello, coming to see if anyone has experienced this problem. Playing Assetto Corsa in VR with a HP Reverb G2 and today after some time (about 10-15 minutes), I would hear the USB disconnect sound and lose FFB. Steering, shifting, and pedals all still worked (they are connected to the wheelbase). This did not occur days ago when I was driving for longer than an hour. The wheel regains FFB by restarting the game, but suffers the issue again after 10-15 minutes.

• The wheelbase is connected to a powered USB hub using the original cable that came with the wheelbase. I know the FAQ suggests hooking directly to PC, but my PC is slightly too far. The hub only adds about 3 ft which is enough to reach, and it's powered externally so it can repeat the signal. Also, this issue only started happening today despite having hour+ long sessions prior days

Thank you,

Derek

Comments

• Check if your USB settings at the PC port is going into sleep mode after some time.

• I changed my power settings and that seems to have helped. I did another session later in the evening and didn't lose FFB. I still heard the USB disconnect sound but I think it was one of my VR controllers turning off after some time.

I did have Final Fantasy XIV open sitting in login queue (queues are hours long these days, was going for some leisure drives during the wait) which responds to inputs from my wheel as a controller so I actually wonder if the FFB input switched from AC to FFXIV when my VR controller went to sleep, and since well FFXIV is not a racing sim, there's no FFB lol.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Thanks for the update Derek, I will mark the thread as resolved. Please don't hesitate to contact support if you run into the issue again.

[Fanatec Community Manager]