CSLDD don't detect the steering wheel

Hi,

My CSLDD don't detect the steering wheel, I connect the base it asks me to update the steering wheel, it ends well but it asks again to update all the time the same and the base don't reconogize the steering wheel.

Comments

• The shaft and the aluminum here must touch, there must be no distance between them.

• Hmm, they actually do not for me. But I had other disconnection issues than described in the OP above, that were solved by untightening the clamp, rotating it a tiny bit and tighten it better than it was before.

• Thanks for the reply, but the problem persist. For a few minutes the base and the wheel seems ok but when pass 5 minutes disconnection another time.

• Thanks for the reply, but the problem persist. For a few minutes the base and the wheel seems ok but when pass 5 minutes disconnection another time.

• "It is possible that the wheel base hub came loose a bit and causes unsteady contact. Please try the following: - Loosen the black clamp on the wheel base hub and remove the hub from the wheel base.- Reinsert the hub completely and tighten the clamp. Please make sure that the clamp is really tight, otherwise the hub could loosen again."

I've had the clamp loosen up and the drive-shaft disconnect even after tightening a second time.

I'm a casual sim racer (replacing a Logitech G920 that I never encountered any issues using) with a CSLDD wheelbase and WRC rim mounted on a TrakRacer FS3 wheel stand.

I wasn't doing anything too demanding playing Forza5 when the prompt to upgrade the WRC wheel firmware popped up. After several software updates and reboots and after removing and remounting the WRC rim I gave up and contacted support and checked the forums.

Prior to purchasing I did a lot of research and none of the online reviewers mentioned the motors drive-shaft becoming loose and disconnecting. It appears to me as if the clamp isn't capable of tightening enough and that a replacement clamp might be needed to remedy this issue. Otherwise it's brilliant!

My (first) 2 cents.

• Tim KocksTim Kocks Member
    edited December 2021

Fanatec responded to me in another forum, saying they had an issue with the shaft's C-clamp not being tightened enough in one production batch.

I had to loosen, turn, tighten again 3 times, till I did it with enough force (stepping it up, not trying to overtighten, due to not having a torque wrench) But now I've had no issues since with pretty heavy FFB cars and some crashes with heavy jolting FFB.

btw, I never encountered the updating dialog.

• i have the same exact issue as OP.

came from a old t300, was a huge gap for me to buy a DD ( and when it works, it s SOOoooo good )

Sometimes, after many tries, loosing the black clamp and re-tighten it very hard, wheel is recognized ,and no more fw update loop.

but after 5-10mn, here it goes again. and no gap between shaft and aluminium ...

i opened a ticket with fanatec support , i m so sad