Can fanatec upgrade my order?

So i ordered on 5th of January (Ger/Europe)

CSL DD 8nm and McLaren wheel were said to be available on 24th of January (which they still are in my order Status),

but the qr lite that comes with my wheel changed just today from available (which it was obviously at time of order) to 15th of February.

If i send them a mail to upgrade my not shipped Order and buy the Clubsport qr instead, will they Help me so i can get it all earlier as they would also get 100 Euros more from this?

Comments

• You most likely would have to cancel the order and order again, BTW it is better to order everything individually, since it will be shipped in separate boxes anyway, but only when the whole order is available

• edited January 2022

Asked support the same thing today.

They cant change the orders.

You can only cancel, make a new one and hope availability shows true on the website, although your CSL DD will take months to arrive if you order now according to website estimated availability...

P.S The Maclaren wheel shows as ready to ship on the EU website atm

• Ah shit man...its really strange and i cant comprehend how they wouldnt be able to take the qr1 lite (which is FREE(!)) Out of my order.

That Just doesnt make Sense.

I could then Just Order the Clubsport qr seperately and everything would be fine.

Too hard for me waiting another 3 weeks for a free part, that i Just want removed. At least too hard to understand in the Heat of the Moment :(

• They are not retailers, it is typical when you deal directly with manufacturers, they just don't have as good software/processes as retailers

• Hello!

I wrote to the support a few days ago asking if the things I order in a moment go from available to a later date, they keep one aside for you.

In my case I have pre-ordered gt dd pro premium bundle with formula v2.5X which is available at the moment.

• The system does not allow it. There is no option to amend an order. Computer says NO! lol

If you order an item separately the cost of delivery goes up compared to an order in a single transaction.

Look in your order under your account and not the shop. Once the availability date disappears, then it has been set aside until your last item availability date before it is all sent out.

• mm.. now I'm in this situation (attached).

In this case I should have everything aside , right?

• Yes everything has been put aside except for your DD Pro and LC kit... 14 March is your date + 10 days... depending on where you are.

• Perfect! I'm in Italy!!

The support talk me about of 4-5 days for the shipping. Can't wait!!!

• I got the information a few moments ago, that I have to wait for QR1 lite until 15th February for shipping my order...very disappointing due to the fact, that everything was available during the last 10 days since my order.

• Oh god...im going in vacation at 19th February. Hope its delivered by then :(

• For the non German guys: they say the Date for the qr Lite in my order (15th February instead of now/24.01. with the CSL DD) isnt true and that its only for new Orders.

Im Not Sure though as it might have been 15th February when i ordered on 5th January but it Said available in my order. So maybe the Display Error was the Other way around and it Always was 15th February anyway? *Confusion*

• What did you ask in your Mail to the customer service? I hope, that it is true for orders made in the past.

I allready sold my old wheel due to the availability of all components during my order on 02.01.22

It would be annoying, if I have to wait until 15.02.

• I asked why the qr1 lite is showing 15th February now when it was showing "available" when i ordered.

As of now idk whether they mean that it was a bug at time of order or now. So i wrote another Mail for clarification which im waiting to get answered rn.

• Okay, it would be nice, if you keep us updated with the newest information. I also wrote them this morning. I would post the answer here, when I got it.

• Ah god damn :(

• That is not that what i wanted to hear. But now i know that it is the same for me. Very sad, but i hope the qr1 lite is available earlier than written on their homepage. Heads up buddy, we will get thid sh*t done 😅

• Yeah, the McLaren wheel was also Said to only be available at 24.1., now its in Stock. Maybe qr Lite will also be earlier than expected.

Ive asked them to delete the qr Lite and i'll Order the Clubsport qr, but dont think they will do it, although they would get 100 Euros more from me then.

• Just got the answer to my Mail, only standard answer, nothing on my special question. I am sad, only getting this answer. I hope, that QR1 lite is available much earlier than 15th Feb.

Did you get an answer to your question?

• Same situation for me.. i ordered the csl dd, csl pedal and mclaren v2 the 8th of January avaible on 24th Jan. now is all avaible except the QR1 Lite Wheel-Side (avaible 15th feb). I hope the qr1 become avaible before the 15. This situation is a mess..why they put the v2 avaible but not the qr1? It’s just a piece of plastic but without that they can’t deliver the order

• Hey you 2 Guys :) sorry for late answer.

So basically i got the answer that they cant delete the free qr1 Lite from my order. Its what i expected so its kinda okay for me.

On the Other hand im quite hopeful that we 3 wont have to wait for 15th February. Because today also my CSL DD 8nm in my order is available (was supposed to be the 24th of January). So everything is there apart from the qr1 Lite. Being such a small plastic piece i Hope this gets in Stock earlier too Like all the Other Things (wheelbase and wheel).

Fingers crossed Friends.

• There were a few reported manufacturing defects with the plastic qr1 lite.

So quite possibly Fanatec may have checked their inventory and may have requested replacements.

Scroll back a few pages in the forums under recent discussions and you will read all about it.

• Aaaaand i Just got the Email that everything is in stock and my order will be delivered soon.

O M G. Its Happening Guys. Pogchamp

• Same here order ready to ship so the qr1 is avaible.. good news

• I forgot to answer you, too. In my Mail they said, it was a display error.

I got the mail by UPS on monday afternoon and on tuesday, my delivery arrived!!!! So since tuesday, I am using my CSL DD 8 NM and it is awesome.

Fingers are crossed for both of you for receiving your order as soon as possible!!!

• Love to hear it man :) Just curious, how Long did it Take from receiving the Email that your Order is now being prepared at fanatec to arrival?

Didnt Receive an e-mail that its sent yet so im thinking i might Receive my Order on monday or tuesday?

• I did not receive an update Email. The status of my order was still "order is handed over to warehouse". This was the same one day after i got my delivery.

But it only took maybe 3 or 4 hours to get the mail by UPS after getting informed that all parts of my order are available.

Did you allready receive your UPS notification?