First GT DD Pro to fail

I'm guessing I have the first Wheel base to fail, because I couldn't find anybody else with my issue.

So my GT DD Pro Failed on me about 30 minutes ago. Got about 20 hours of play time on it before it stopped working.

I also purchased the the 8nm Power Supply and the Load Cell breaks.

I was doing a Rally race on GT7, I went to restart the race after doing poorly, so I hit the start button to get into the menu and the controls locked on on me. I couldn't push anything to get out of the pause screen. I had to use my PS5 controller to get out of the menu. After I got out of it I noticed I still didn't have control with the Wheel base/Wheel. So I tried to power cycle it, it goes through its normal boot process. then the power button got stuck in purple LED light. I tried to tap the power button to switch modes on it to get it to PS compatibility mode, but it was stuck in that purple LED. So I unplugged everything from it (ie. The Pedals, USB, Power Supply) let it rest for about a couple of minutes and powered it back on. It got stuck in the purple power light again.

After rebooting it about 2 more times it finally booted up with a blue LED in PS5 combability mode and I was able to also switch modes on it. However the Wheel itself is unresponsive. I tried to hit the PS button on the wheel to use it on my PS5 and no response. I tried unplugging it again, using a different USB cable, plugging it into a different USB port on my PS5 and it's still unresponsive. No lights come on, on the wheel, I can't change any settings on the wheel itself because the readout isn't working. I tried to remove the wheel from the base, check for damages on the copper teeth and all looks good. Mounted it back on and it's still unresponsive.

I'm not sure what I need to do, but if anybody has any suggestions I'm all ears. I don't want to have to send this in and miss out on my GT7 time.

P.S. I'm in tears right now, because I'm sad.

Comments

• Steven SaenzSteven Saenz Member
    edited March 2022

Update: Still not resolved

So I plugged it into my PC and noticed right away that the Wheel itself is not being detected from the wheel base. I turn the Wheel and the Base detects the motion. after about 5 minutes the GT DD Pro just craps out and gets stuck where I can't change the compatibility modes. The Fanatec App says it doesn't detect any devices when this happens. It comes back up after power cycling it but after about 5 minutes it disconnects again and is stuck. I updated the firmware on it and it's still having issues.

I think i'm going to go ahead and open a ticket on this issue. I'll keep you guys posted about how it goes.

Thanks

• From other threads with similar issue on a CSL DD

"It is possible that the wheel base hub came loose a bit and causes unsteady contact.

Please try the following:

- Loosen the black clamp on the wheel base hub and remove the hub from the wheel base.

- Reinsert the hub completely and tighten the clamp.

Please make sure that the clamp is really tight, otherwise the hub could loosen again."

• Device was fixed with these troubleshooting steps.

Sorry for the late response, I"ve been busy. Took me about 10 min to go through these troubleshooting steps. Turned the device on and the issue is now gone.

I appreciate all your help with this issue. I was really stressing out about this.

Thank you

• Thank you so much!!!! This work for me!

I had similar problem with the CSL DD, but taking out the hub and making sure it was well connected did the trick!