CSL Elite + disconnects exactly after 8 mins

Hi everyone,

I have a very strange problem and I hope you've never faced with it because it's really annoying. However maybe some of you have some ideas what to do next.

I'm using a csl elite + with wrc wheel on ps4. I log in to the ps4 system and after 8 minutes it doesn't react anymore. I can't use the buttons nor the pedals and it doesn't sense the turn of wheel. (strange is that the ffb still works in these cases) The last input which is active at the 8 min mark stucks. For example if I reach 8 mins when I'm braking and turning, the car completely stops and the wheels stay turned. I can't even quit the game etc.

I tried to reflash it, unplug and replug everything very carefully, I checked the pins on the wheel. Everything is fine. It was tested on PC too, and this phenomenon didn't happen there. (I tried it only in the fanatec driver) It was tried in ps mode with F1 2021 and in compatibility mode with Dirt rally 2.0. The issue occured in both modes with both games. And it happens also when I don't do anything but log in to the ps4 system. 8 mins later it doesn't work. It sounds ridiculous.

To cut the long story short: everything works fine and after 8 mins it behaves like it would log out from ps4 system. But the wheelbase stays on, there's no problem with the power supply nor its cable. (I've tried it several times and I measured the elapsed time, it was 8 minutes every time.) If I log in again, I get another 8 mins and so on. Maybe is this something with the ps4 system? Do you have any idea what to do next?

Thank you very much!

R

Comments

• edited March 2022

EDIT: Wrong suggestion. Thought you were on pc...

Try searching on google. I remember a few years back that PS4 users were having same issue with their dual shock PS4 controllers that were disconnecting randomly while the blue light in the back was on.

• Did you find a fix?

I am now getting this problem playstation only also. Stuck on last input, ffb still reacting but not allowing new input.

It's like the check for official Sony licenced product is failing.

Any suggestions? No response from support for many days now.

In a dd1 podium

I also tried running it in pc mode through a drivehub and issue was still present.

• Hey Daniel, did you ever find a fix to this issue? I am also on the DD1 for PS5 and I started to get this issue a few weeks ago.