Old ClubSport V1 Pedals + CSL Elite Wheelbase (PS2 > RJ12 adapter cable)

Nico RammNico Ramm Member
edited May 2022 in Pedals

I just got a used CSL Elite Wheel and want to connect my old Clubsport V1 pedals to it.

As the pedals only have a PS2 Socket and the original fanatec PS2>RJ12 adapter cable is out of stock, i tried to replace one PS2 plug on my old cable for a RJ12 plug.

I found the wiring order of the RJ12 plug in some other forums, but the pedals are not recognized when connected directly to the wheel.

Connected via USB to the PC the pedals are working correctly.

Sadly I have no other pedals to confirm that the wheelbase pedal port is working properly, but it should be working

This is my current wiring (also testet connectivity of each wire with a multimeter):

Can anyone confirm or point me to the correct wiring order?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Got it working.

I replaced the old RJ12 plug with the same wiring and now it works.

Seems like the old plug didn't connect all the wires in the weel base's connector...

• Hi, I have the same problem. I have a Csl elite steering wheel for Xbox, I would like to know if the ClubSport V1 pedals work with the Ps2 / Rj12 cable. Thanks

• I can confirm that yes, CSPv1 will work with a PS/2 to RJ12 adapter. I bought the Fanatec cable and use it with my CSL DD, no issues at all.

• Thank you. I will buy the cable and try to use the pedals with my CSL Elite.

• edited December 2022

Hi, I just wanted to say thanks for the wiring schema.

With it, I was able to buy a simple PS/2 cable on Amazon, cut one of the ends and crimp a 6P6C RJ12 connector to it, which then got my Clubsport V1 Pedals working perfectly with my CSL Elite on Xbox Series X and PS5.

Even the cable colors were the same, no need to buzz the pins at all! Oh, and I left the green cable in the unused pin, so far no harm.

Amazing!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!