[RMA in progress] gt dd pro problem whit buzzing nobody answer me on my emails

2»

Comments

• For dobro i want to say finish mob is crazy.

• Unfortunately the more I read on the internet the less faith I have in Fanatec I read some trust pilot reviews and it was not all positive, the negative reviews were really aggressive which means that these customers were really hurt. Seems I also read that quality of their products is declining as they are having more returns/repairs than they can handle, this is not a good sign.

• I think you are right since the delay was caused on their side by sending you the same defective product they should immediately send you a replacement even before they receive the return to avoid another 3 week delay. There is no point that they have to inspect etc. I mean there are some cases they should simply solve immediately like those that cannot get repaired and then they have more time to deal with the more complex cases.

• After all to send me new base is at least what they should do for me but i m little concerned about that becouse you and me wrote how much comments and nobody from Fanatec will come here and say something about our problems like guys we try to solve your problems or we have you in mind. In my case i will expect at least to somebody from them say something about this to give us some faith that everything will be ok in the end.And i just want to ask you does your wheel have oscillations on straight line in acc and gt7 just want to know is that normal greetings Domagoj.

• Exactly! I don’t understand this behavior….. We know they are monitoring these threads, so they can also contribute by making a new post for all stranded customers as well as an automated email to everybody just saying sorry, we are trying hard to rectify the problems but if you cannot wait for your Problem to be resolved we will send you a replacement immediately,or you can choose a refund, voucher, discount on boost kit, pedals etc.there is so much they can offer just to show that they are really with their customers but nothing from them which I find quite arrogant.

This is not normal that customers have to chase a company for weeks to get working goods that they paid for, even worse when they make a mistake and send back un-repaired stuff.

They have a lot of options to make things feel better for the customer and they are just choosing not to.

i didn’t experience oscillations but I read something here about that issue: https://fanatec.com/eu-en/faq are you on PlayStation or PC?

• I play the most on ps5 but i play on pc too i ask for ps5 in acc wheel oscillating like crazy and when i stand in pit box and turn wheel right or left i feel schratchy or grainy feel but in this game is too much if you have acc on ps try this feel like i have gears inside not dd maybe is a game but i feel that like that buzzing scratchy feel boost to max becouse that i don t know is it a game or a wheel. And i m very interested in your case becouse i want to see if they will give you new base without issues i hope they do becouse this is not ok like you have warranty but like lotery if you have luck you will have perfect product but if you dont you will be like gambler when he lost all he s money we will see what will be next greetings Domagoj.

• edited April 2022

Yes the grainy feel in ACC I can confirm as well, only when the car is in the pits or not moving (it does this when you are on the start line as well) but I THINK this is normal for ACC because its in not there in Gran Turismo in the same scenario. Also that grain is constant in ACC when you are not moving as if it meant to be there, like the feeling of the road. My issue is more if I am holding the steering wheel still, I can feel the grainy scratching effect and also when I move the wheel when it is not SUPPOSED to be there because then the effect means nothing and gets mixed with all the other signals.

• Thanks i was think when i felt that in ACC WTF now is going on in gt7 i do not feel that but i feel Like you grainy in menu or out of games or in ps menu when i turn wheel and when i hold wheel still i feel vibrations Like something go through the wheel is good till i cant feel that in race but when i feel that when i drive Like is not smooth anymore Like is supposed to ne thanks man one more time for information i didnt hear anything from them but when i got first informations il be post Here greetings Domagoj.

• yes let’s share our experience so others can see. The grainy feeling is even if my wheel is not connected to ps5 just with power on so I think we can say we have the same or very similar problem.

• have just received a replacement dd pro wheelbase today and guess what the graininess is worse than my previous wheel…..just horrible. I installed the special Motor firmware 1.0.2.3 they sent me for testing on my previous wheel when I opened the ticket and this seemed to calm the grainy feeling on the new wheel. I will do some more testing tonight but if they had tested this wheel properly or if QC was actually doing QC no way should I receive two brand new Problem units one after the other. I will update as I learn more.

• Im sorry to hear that i think now there is no point to send it back for replacement i will wait a month or two when new series of bases come from factory maybe then they will solve that issues.I think now 50 percent of products gt dd pro are defective and is luck to get good one the worse thing i realy want to buy boost kit and metal qr but now i dont know how after all to give money to this company what if i buy that and again get defective products this is f... up dont know what to think anymore one thing i know i will not buy anything from them till they solve my problem if they solve this ok we can talk but if things stay on this level of communication and service i will buy another brand becouse i will not quit from sim racing becouse this company and all of this situation that hapening to us if they do not want more of our money this is the way to push us back from their products greetings Domagoj.

• Yes, I am not happy also because immediately this new unit has a grainy feel.

Give them one chance with a replacement and see what happens. If there is a problem with the replacement ask them for the new Motor Firmware 1.0.2.3 this helped me with the new wheelbase but I’m still testing to see the problem is there or not. You can even now ask them for the test firmware to see if this helps on your current unit. Anything is better than sending things back and waiting!,! For now I don’t want to send this back and wait again so I will test for a while to see if the problem gets worse.

• I send mail to them about motor firmware but first time i send i got reply that they inbox is full i send it once again couple hours later i do not get any reply about full inbox and now i don t know are they got a mail or not nobody conntact me after i send mail to repair service and nobody from support service i m glad that you solve your problem somehow i hope that i will solve my too but from what i see now no help no conntact more and more i think there is no hope at least in this time i will never think for germany company to take buisness poor like this in my country we are always thinking for german products that they are reliable,quality, but this is more chinese than Germany product and that we can see from our situations i think i will stop to buy gaming and i.t products that are make in china becouse this is not my first time that i have problems with product from that country last time i buy dell for gaming for 700eur and i must to do 5 replacament becouse dead pixels but product is label like zero dead pixels and i have five in a row with more than one dead pixel QC in china is that there is no QC BEFORE I DOUBT NOW I M SURE IN THAT man stay safe greetings Domagoj.

• edited May 2022

Try this what they sent to me. This seems to work for the replacement wheelbase they sent me but not the first one. I still feel some vibration but it is very very little now. I would say now I am happy with the wheel but not happy about the fact that the new wheel had vibrations out of the box and I had to solve this with the motor firmware which just seems to be luck.

There are two HEX files . Two versions of motor firmware 1.0.2.3 test each one to see which one is better.

You need to use the FANATEC control Panel on your PC with the wheel connected to USB and:

1. manually select update MOTOR firmware ONLY.
    2. This is very important that you ONLY want to update the MOTOR Firmware do not apply the HEX files to anything else

You do this at your own risk but maybe it works for you and you have a nice weekend and future of DD PRO.

Good luck!!!

• Thank you i try 18 and 20 and things get much worse what i feel with 20 is better then 18 but i must say grainy after manual update never feel that strong before if is that strong feel on your base before this is very bad i go back on default firmware i think 1.0.2.2 and now is better then before with this same firmware i must test more but now i realy dont f... Know what is fucking going on with this product if that grayni and vibrations come becouse firmware that is good think becouse in future they Will maybe solve this through the firmware thanks anyway greetings Domagoj.

• Maybe you can try to go back to an even earlier driver? I tried also with my old wheel Motor Firmware 1.0.1.3 and that made the grainy feeling the worst! Now when I look at what you said here it means that the firmware are just luck if it works or not. So something is irregular in the manufacturing procedure in China.

For me 1.0.1.3 was the worst version on my old wheel 1.0.2.2 was a Little better but not by much and 1.0.2.3 18khz reduced the vibrations and scratchy feel dramatically. I think 18 was Better than 20 for me but I cannot be sure.

the new wheel they sent me came with 1.0.2.2 and immediately had sandpaper feel when I moved it left or right and when I applied 1.0.2.3 18khz it was gone. I didn’t try 20khz with the new wheel because now the wheel is fine and I don’t want to change anything.

what I have now in the wheel is very small microvibrations due to electrical current etc but I think that is more or less normal because when I use the wheel in game ACC or gt7 it feels good and you don’t feel microvibrations or sandpaper. Maybe you can do some more testing with different firmwares and if your wheel works continue to use it until support comes back to you. I think in the next step they will just send you a new base and if they do that there is a decent chance that your problem will be solved quite quickly because they will just send you anew base as soon as your old one arrives so maybe one or two weeks you are without the wheel.

• Domogoj, is your problem solved yet? I have asked for another rma because for me the vibrations still come and go. It gets stronger and stronger when I turn the wheelbase on then it gets less after a while but always in the background. Amazing that two bases in a row have the same problem. I really have the feeling that they are just recycling other units that have already been returned.

• Nobody contact me i wrote 3 mails and no answer for me is same Like you vibrations come and go sometimes everything Works perfect and sometimes i can feel it very well i Will wait till they gett things together and i think i Will buy one more dd wheel but from other company and i Will send then GT dd pro for New base or refund is not just vibration qr is bad and plastic on wheel start creacking i do not have too much confidence in this product i hope i m wrong but what i see till now is bad i was expect smoothnes with detailed feeling of ffb plastic creacking qr slipping vibrations in different frequencies man what to say it is too much for product in this range and the worst thing is no support from Fanatec and no explanations about all situations i m sorry that you are not solve your problem i hope you will have better luck with next base if you succeed to get support greetings Domagoj.

• Fanatec contact me 12.05.2022 i didnt see mail becuse mail was in my promotion inbox they send me same firmwares like they send to you i tell them that is worse with that firmwares and tell them for plastic cracking sound now i wait to see what would they answer me any news in your case greetings Domagoj.

• I will send my second wheel back for exchange. The issue is unstable for me with the official firmware 1.0.2.2 the buzzing scratchy feels starts after a few minutes, gets rougher then subsides after about 15 minutes. With the Test Motor Firmware 1.0.2.3 18khz the buzzing scratchy feels is always there but sometimes stronger and sometimes weaker ..it still feels wrong and I have now tried a lot of different things to stop it. I think when you pay 700€ for something it should just work right. I mean if I buy a 700€ Tv it works 100% right and not 80 or 90. the creaking plastic for me is also a design issue but that part I guess I will be willing to live with, i think the only way to solve this is to buy the metal quick release….

shame on fanatec for forcing its customers hand into this upselling pathway. With the 5nm power brick and plastic quick release they calculate that a percentage of customers will upgrade which looks good for their bottom line but what happens to all the unused 5nm and plastic quick releases from an environmental perspective? This also really makes me angry that they will not only refuse to do what’s right for the customer but also refuse to do what’s right in general.

• Man dont know what to say anymore i agree with you 100 % i want to ask you do you have experiance with buttkicker becouse i order one and never try one before do you have or do you ever try buttkicker i want to know is it Like they say on reviews thanks greetings Domagoj.

• Let’s see what happens with the 3rd wheelbase, I cannot imagine that after 3 tries the device is defective again.

No I don’t have the buttkicker but Heard- it’s a good addition to a rig. For me and for how much I play it’s not worth the investment. Quite expensive no?

• Today support from Fanatec contact me for second Rma they told me they will try repair my issues if my issues cant be repaired they will send me new one i Don t know what to expect but we Will see after Rma i hope for you that this third is third luck and you Will solve your problems.I buy buttkicker gamer2 now i waiting for delivery i must try that thing if is half good what People say i Will be happy stay good man when i get more news about my situation i Will post my comm

• I hope your problems are solved soon. My wheelbase is already with fanatec again. I find it wrong that they will try to repair your wheelbase again especially since they failed to solve the problem the first time and also you ordered a NEW product that should work therefore they should replace the broken product with a NEW product that’s is working not repair a product that was defective from the factory. They can refurbish those faulty units and sell them as refurbished products later at reduced price.

• I send bundle to Fanatec now we Will see how it goes this time i hope that this time my problems are gonna be solve.I get a buttkicker man this is awesome you must try you feel engine gear shift tyres slip curbs and everything Works on PS5 with HDMI 60hz extractor really cool thing i must say if everything Will Work through time the best investment for 250€ if you can buy one is not just for SIM i play everything with buttkicker and music is another level do you get back your bundle and is everything good now greetings Domagoj.

• Yes I received a new wheel again everything seems fine for the first hour then the Grindy scratchy feel is there after the wheelbase is warm. I think now that most dd pros have this problem and if you get one without the problem you will be very lucky.the problem for me happened twice so far with this new wheelbase but I have to use it for over an hour before I start to feel the scratchy sensations …..,,before the scratchy feeling Starts it feels amazing.

For now I will test some more and decide what I want to do afterwards. I know that some new firmware is coming out that might solve the problem. 😀I will think about the buttkicker later.

• Yesterday i see from post service that package is come to Fanatec but i didnt get any conformation email from them last time i get a email same day when package come to them i don t know is that normal and i want to ask how long you wait last time to make replacement greetings Domagoj.

• edited June 2022

Yeah the communication from fanatec is really bad. You don’t see when they receive your package and also no email from them what is the problem and what have they done etc. for me the last exchange took 5 days I sent my base on Monday and I received the new one on Friday. I am in Germany though. I hope you will get the new one soon and your problems are solved. For me the new base is much better but I still sometimes feel the scratchy feeling after an hour or so…..I only felt this in ACC so far but in general this is a much smoother experience. I continue to test so let’s see what happens over time.

• I see on my Fanatec account they repair again Main PCB and send me back bundle i do not know what to expect now we will see but they Got bundle on friday and send to me on monday that s fast but we will see are this time repair good done when bundle come i Will wrote how it goes when i get a bundle greetings Domagoj.

• I get my base back and now i can not even play now i have big delay and wheel knocking and go crazy in moments vibrations are worse then before i send to them that i want new bundle or money back fastest they can because this make me angry and now i will do whatever it takes to get good product or my money i will not accept this i can just watch in wheel man this make me angry and sad because i have now 5 free days and i can NOT play WTF.