FanaLab 1.63.6 (for BMW M4 GT3) - Post your Feedback here

Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
edited April 2022 in FanaLab

This FanaLab version mainly adds functionality for the Podium BMW M4 GT3 wheel.

How to report issues:

• List which hardware, driver and firmware you are using
  • Cross check with other settings, games and wheels to see if it's a general issue or specific with to a game, wheel or setting.
  • Is it happening with just one game (which one) or all you tried.
  • Go into detail how we can reproduce the issue.
  • Post screenshots or videos if needed.
  • In case of a FanaLab crash, use the "Collect Logs" feature under "Settings" and upload them here.

Changelog of FanaLab 1.63.6 (since 1.63)

• Added detection of Podium Steering Wheel BMW M4 GT3 with the following functions.
  • Added option to change the default backlight colors.
  • Added option to choose telemetry events to trigger specific backlight colors like wheel spin/lock or flags. Three telemetry triggers can be set per button with the one having the highest priority and the third one the lowest in case multiple triggers come at the same time. 
  • Added options to trigger backlight colors depending on engine RPM to use them as revLEDs.
  • To adjust the LED backlights, navigate to the LED page and click on the button on the wheel you would like to modify. Then you can choose a default color and setup the telemetry triggers. 
  • The UI and wheel will show color changes in real time when adjusting them for a better preview. 

Showcase of the current BMW M4 GT3 functionality in FanaLab

Known issues/limitations:

• iR tyre temps sometimes differ from black box.
  • rF2 brake bias can differ very slightly.
  • R3E tyre temps slightly differ from HUD.
  • F1 2020 and 2021 tyre temp differs from dash to HUD.
  • Mouse hover hints for the new functions not yet complete
  • MPS setting missing on the tuning menu page for the BMW M4 GT3

Compatible driver

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/25583/fanatec-driver-440-for-csl-csw-and-podium-wb-all-wheels/p1

Download

Comments

• edited April 2022

Just in time for this new FanaLab version 1.63.6 I also have new Profiles with full support for the BMW M4 GT3 Steering Wheel as well as the new ACC Challenger Pack cars!

Important note: This profiles are ONLY compatible with FanaLab 1.63.6 and newer and are NOT compatible with any older version as the whole profile structure changed drastically for the BMW wheel!

Regarding the BMW: As the regular "normal" default colors I am using a RGB Rainbow color setting which I already teased in my profile pic for some days as I like those RGB Rainbow styles for all kind of PC devices and of course: RGB makes you faster! ;)

FanaLab supports up to 3 different Telemetry channels for the Button LEDs of the BMW which can light up in specific situations.

For Telemetry channel 1 all my profiles use the "All Flags" setting, so all of the buttons light up in the specific Flag color which is shown in game. Here for example at Race Start the button LEDs turn all green for green Flag signal coming from the game:

Or in this example I parked on the grass and get lapped by the other cars so in game I get the blue flag signal shown and the button LEDs also turn all blue:

For Telemetry channel 2 all my profiles use the "Pit Limiter" setting and they are fine-tuned to match colors which the in game Car Dash or in Game LEDs are showing when you activate the Pit Limiter.

Here you can see all the different Pit Limiter settings from the profiles:

For Telemetry channel 3 only my F1 profiles use it to light up all green (or all blue for the Multiplayer car) when DRS is allowed. For other games I do not use this Telemetry channel.

Because of the RGB Rainbow normal colors I do not have configured the RevLED colors and RPM values as the RevLED feature would interfere too much with the Rainbow normal colors and it would just look like a Disco and the RevLEDs would not be really visible.. For that feature you would need to set the buttons to white with low brightness to get the desired effect but thats not something I want to use in my profiles. Same reason also for other telemetry based functions like TC, ABS, Spin or Lock LEDs. They just would not be really visible with my RGB Rainbow normal color set.. ;)

• I hope that similar functions can be implemented for the other steering wheels, especially the brightness adjustment would be necessary

• +1 on that.

The brightness on Porsche Endurance is crazy, when racing in a darker room.

• Varun DesaiVarun Desai Member
    edited April 2022

I am STILL having ITM issues on the PBME AND DD2. ITM intermittently turns off (all other LEDs work). The only fix is to turn off, then turn on ITM again in Fanalab. Very annoying given I have never experienced this issue before 1.63.

Running 440 on DD2.

Just to Clarify, the screen defaults to legacy and browsing through the FFB settings work just fine. But ITM will definitely STOP working entirely. And it happens randomly.

• edited April 2022

No update yet.

Still on the list of known issue to be investigated.

• Are your profiles compatible with DD Pro 8NM? Thanks!

• Hey @Maurice Böschen,

really do like your profiles and appreciate the work you are doing and especiallly that you share your results.

I never did really get into the details of adjusting the parameters because the profiles from you worked out of the box - so why should I spend a lot of time not getting any better results (or very likely worse results) 😉

Anyway, looking at the last version (1.63) of your profiles it seems that you are no longer using the maximum possible torque of the DD2 (25 Nm). Is there a reason? Could you share the rational behind that?

Thanks in advance.

• edited April 2022

Hey.

Thanks for the warm words.

Actually, I never ever used the full 25Nm of the DD2.

The FFB settings did not changed in the last months. I always used around FFB of 60-75 (so 15-19Nm).

• Is there any more colour choices for led's still coming? Also, will we be able to dim them at any point? If so, any idea when? Thanks.

• Hi Fanatec Team,

I'm having issues with FanaLab crashing upon start up. It shows a splash screen and then the program crashes. I've looked in Windows Event Viewer and I'm getting issues which have been reported here in previous threads. Please see the attached file for those Event Viewer logs.

My hardware is a CSL DD and I'm using driver 440. I was actually using driver 439 with Fanalab version 1.63 but have upgraded as I started to see these issues and was hoping an upgrade would fix it.

I've done all the recommended actions that I've seen online such as deleting the PodiumControl folder within AppData which did not exist in my folder as well as deleting all saved profiles. It seems like nothing I've tried has worked. I've tried to do several fresh installs as well of the drivers and fanalab but that does not work either. I also have not changed any installation directories and kept them all default to the C drive.

I'm also attaching logs I've collected from the "Collect Logs" feature in the Fanatec control panel.

Thanks

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Thanks, we'll take a look, I'm forwarding the logs to the dev.

• IRACING.....Flag Lights dont show on Porche GT3 Wheel

Leds work fine for rev....but Green/Yellow/White flag Leds dont appear during race?

• Hello. I need some help. Someone could tell me how to set Automobilista 2 fanalab ?. LEDs do not get sincornizar. I have profiles Maurice stand (recommended. are great) with those of the game. The adjustment parameters if they work properly, however the LEDs are mixed. Thanks for the help in advance.

Fanalab 1.63

Perfiles 1.62.3

DD1 ps4

Porsche gt3r

Pedals v3

• Press the two green buttons to enable Telemetry and Enable Fanalab support on Game Profile Tab to get a manual how to disable the native LEDs that they dont interfere with FanaLab.

• BRILLIANT!! Maurice works now. Thank you very much for your help and prompt response! Thank you!!.

• Few questions, Maurice, if i may?

I see on all of your iracing profiles, you use peak, not linear, any reason?

I also noticed, you dont max out your wheelbase (at least, to my understanding) in the sim, you usually limit the output to 16/18 NM or so, is there a reason for that?

I dont run fanalab since i get some weird jolts sometimes in hairpins, that i dont have when i dont use it. My settings are usually set to max out the base (20NM in game), and i keep it linear. Strength value, is around 5.5-6 in gt3s, i go way lighter on mazdas and etc, wtih 100% FFB in driver.

I notice, when i set up my wheel like you do, with 65% ffb, it gets to be a lot heavier on steering input. I want to say i like it, but im afraid it will kill me.

So im a bit confused. In my head, i have my stearing set to heavier (100FB, 20NM in game, str factor is perhaps a tad less then yours and linear) and it feels lighter than yours (65FFB, 16/18NM, str factor higher and peak).

• Ok, ignore my previous post.

I did some research and I figured it out, and how to maximize my ffb for my desired DD output.

• Hi Maurice , first of all thanks again for your work and sharing that with us

I got a little issue with the Porsche 991 GT3 II , i feel the wheel to responsive , the angle angle of the wheel i mean .

So i tried to understand , reading everywhere we have to choose 900 angle ingame and inFanalab and let the game do the work to set correct steering wheel for each car

But in all your Fanalab profiles you set to Auto and ingame 1070 , the correct angle will also be set automaticly by the game ?

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

New FanaLab version 1.64.5 available

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/26106/fanalab-1-64-5-post-your-feedback-here/p1

Please continue the discussion in the new thread, this one will be closed.

This discussion has been closed.