[RMA in progress] GT DD Pro (5nm) not working after 6 weeks.

I've had my GT DD Pro for a little over 6 weeks now. It started acting up a few days ago on FM7, at first it was just extream input lag/delay. I would say there was about a full second of delay from the time I turned the wheel or pushed a pedal to the time it actually registered on the game. Thinking it was the game or my computer I reset everything and tryed again with the same results. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Fanatec drivers and I've tried all of the trouble shooting techniques they recommend on the website. I've even went so far as to uninstall Windows 11 and start over from factory default. Currently when I turn the wheel on and test it in the Fanatec Control Panel it will function normally for about 2 minutes without any input delay or lag. After 2 or less minutes it start to show input lag and progressively gets worse until it becomes unresponsive and disconnects from my computer. I'm convinced it's a bad capacitor or some component that's overheating. Are any of you having the same problem? I'm open for suggestions.

Comments

• Update, I emailed customer support 5 days ago and still haven't received anything back. Yesterday I came to the realization that it will probably be several months until my wheel is fixed.

Solution: I purchased a used Logitech G920 on Facebook marketplace for $100. It feels like a dead horse but at least it works. It's a real embarrassment on Fanatecs part when you think about it. I've been using their products for years, but now I'm stuck using a Fisher Price wheel that some 13 year old kid sold me out of his dad's car trunk in a parking lot deal.

• So many different kind of problems people are having with their hardware….it really amazes me. You will wait 10 days or more for support to even respond. Make sure you get return labels ASAP otherwise you will be caught in cycle of troubleshooting emails which will not be a few hours of exchange but possibly a few days. Your solution of the alternative wheel was correct as this could take a while, Maybe not several months but probably 2 to 4 weeks from the time you actually get a reply from support. Good luck!

• What do U mean by increased wear of Your steering wheel mount? I have GT Lite and thinking of upgrading to DD Pro. I'm expecting some flex (it's foldable cockpit though), but I don't want it to break... Also I have no room to upgrade cockpit in the nearest future.

• where in his topic did you read anything about a steering wheel mount wearing?

• Update, finally got a response from support after a week of waiting. They asked me to make a short video of the problem and send it to them. Now we wait another week.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Caleb,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I can see that your RMA was initiated so I've updated the thread title.

I'm sure the team will be able to resolve this for you.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• So let me get this straight. It took you guys 2 weeks to initiate my RMA but less then 24 hours to update the title on this thread?? I literally just got the shipping label email to me yesterday. I wasn't that upset about the wait until I saw you guys had updated the title. I just logged on to let everyone know I had gotten my RMA. But I can see you guys have that covered at light speed.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Caleb,

I'm very sorry that the turnaround is longer than it should be. The support team is working as fast as they can to respond to tickets. The forum is not connected to the support team - I happened to see your thread and checked the status of your case. I try to update thread titles when possible to show that comments are not being ignored.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• I understand the long wait time, you guys are backed up just like every other industry. My wife and I own our own business and have been dealing with supply chain and employee shortage issues. I was just a little turned off by speed in which this forum was updated with my RMA status. Especially after patiently waiting for 2 weeks to get my RMA. I've been using Fanatec hardware for the past 10 years, I was planning on updating my RMA status myself. I want to give you guys a fair shake and let others know what to expect from customer service right now. Anyways I'm glad my DD Pro has finally been shipped out for repairs. Racing on this Logitech G920 is almost unbearable.