• ClubSport steering wheel Drift
  • ClubSport Rim GT
  • ClubSport Rim Classic
  • ClubSport Rim Round 1
  • ClubSport Rim Flat 1
  • ClubSport Rim Oval
  • ClubSport Rim Drift
  • ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 918 RSR
    With the exception of the Drift and the Classic, all products have been produced already and either are in the warehouse or on the way.

Comments

• Wow Thomas, the Porsche wheel is stunning. I hope I had the privilege of being the first order because you've created something that Sam and Russell will be jealous of. The price is brilliant too, thank you. 
    • Stephen LucasStephen Lucas Member
      edited July 2014
      Cant see where the rims are?

My bad, you have to go into Steering Wheels and then accessories :)
    • Well I had been considering the flat rim but opted to go with the GT Rim. Tough Choices the Oval Rim is pretty nice as well.

Anybody figuring on buying a hub and then from time to time swap rims or buttons it's not a quick process and basically you should go with the mind set of the Rim + The Hub + Whatever buttons as FTMP a permanent solution for that combination. Buying 2 rims and 1 hub is not a very practical solution buy a hub for each rim you want to use.

• Andrew I don't get my Hub until tomorrow. Don't you think with experience it'll get easier?
    • I'm looking like crazy for the static shifters in the webshop, but can't find it!
    • It's under WHEEL BASE ACCESSORIES. Here's the link.

http://us.fanatec.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=80
    • Andrew I don't get my Hub until tomorrow. Don't you think with experience it'll get easier?
      Not for me my eyes are shot! I had trouble getting the grommets or wire looms whetever you want to call them back into the channels after attaching to the wire. They are soft rubber I felt it would have been easier if the rubber was a little harder. Still I would have had trouble seeing.
    • Andrew is the "Funky Switch" the encoder?
    • Can we get all wheels diameters and weights in the features lists please.

It would make it easier to choose the right one.

• Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
      edited July 2014
      Rickard they all do but the GT rim. I'm sure that can be fixed quite easily.The GT rim is 33cm according to the page but no weight.
    • I have already bought the UniHub.

Are the wheels sold separately as well?

• Marek LaulMarek Laul Member
      edited July 2014
      I have already bought the UniHub.

Are the wheels sold separately as well?

All those rims shown weeks ago (classic, round, flat etc) are also sold separately at the price of 99.95 or as a package with universal hub at a price of 349.95 just like shown above. If you want only rims, you'll have to make few extra clicks to find them.
    • It's under WHEEL BASE ACCESSORIES. Here's the link.

http://us.fanatec.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=80

Thanks! just had to replace the us with eu, for my region...
      Sadly it's only preorder ;(
      Well since your suppose to get your hub today you will find out that the round button is a button D pad and encoder. You will also find that the buttons on the top of the hub share functions with the add on buttons or paddles. I have not done enough investigations yet to see if they all share functions but I do know the paddles have a shared buttons and the encoder wheel is shared by the D pad on the hub so like what was advertised with the classic rim with no add ons you can still navigate the wheel settings from the hub to make changes.
    • Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
      edited July 2014

I give up trying to insert a photo and I tried this from 2 different photo upload sites?

edited July 2014

Well since your suppose to get your hub today you will find out that the round button is a button D pad and encoder. You will also find that the buttons on the top of the hub share functions with the add on buttons or paddles. I have not done enough investigations yet to see if they all share functions but I do know the paddles have a shared buttons and the encoder wheel is shared by the D pad on the hub so like what was advertised with the classic rim with no add ons you can still navigate the wheel settings from the hub to make changes.
      Well it does say in their UniHub thread, that
      We placed 16 buttons on top of the hub so you always have the fully functionality even if you prefer a clean look without the button boxes. The button boxes are mapped with those 16 buttons so you are not loosing any functionality in case you cannot reach them.
    • There we go again my eyes failed me as I overlooked the Attach File tab
    • Oh no Andrew. You have an Alfa Romeo logo on it. I hope your wheel doesn't break down now as Alfas usually do :)) . Not a big fan of a wooden style rims, but it actually looks pretty sweet. If I'd have one, I would keep it clean (don't like those button boxes with it). How much does it all weigh by the way?
    • Andrew that is beautiful!
      edited July 2014
      Oh no Andrew. You have an Alfa Romeo logo on it. I hope your wheel doesn't break down now as Alfas usually do :)) . Not a big fan of a wooden style rims, but it actually looks pretty sweet. If I'd have one, I would keep it clean (don't like those button boxes with it). How much does it all weigh by the way?

Well no scale weight to judge it by but it seems pretty similar to the weight of the BMW rim but actually feels a bit lighter in use?

Alfa Romeo is a division of Fiat as is Chrysler Motor Company now as well which Dodge operates under. It's family so a bit of pride plays into that and anyone associated with the Dodge brand is a okay in my book especially Race loving Italians!

Anyway my 2nd hub arrived today and the GT Rim on Preorder

• wheres the iphone holder ?? Does it come with the HUB ?
    • wheres the iphone holder ?? Does it come with the HUB ?
      No. They are still working on one.
    • Clearly this is the wrong place for this but I can find nowhere more appropriate!
      I'm stunned and amazed by the new offerings, however I'm in the US and I'd like to buy a ClubSport Base, Wheels, Pedals and Shifter, The base appears out of stock only for the US, can you give us an idea of predicted delivery dates? Thanks, Manning
    • @Manning

There is an estimated date for the base - the end of September. They are probably busy producing their new products. Shipping from China, customs etc probably take about a month. No wonder delivery dates are so far away.
    • Clearly this is the wrong place for this but I can find nowhere more appropriate!
      I'm stunned and amazed by the new offerings, however I'm in the US and I'd like to buy a ClubSport Base, Wheels, Pedals and Shifter, The base appears out of stock only for the US, can you give us an idea of predicted delivery dates? Thanks, Manning

Well there is an 80 dollar discount at the moment if you preorder the package for the Base the Pedals and the Formula non carbon Rim. Something to consider?
    • Why do Australians have to pay an extra 30%? just the UNI-hub here is $329! in US for 20 dollars more it comes with a rim ($349 bundled) and we are expected to pay $459 for the bundled rim? that seems a bit unjust to me...
      edited July 2014
      Why do Australians have to pay an extra 30%? just the UNI-hub here is $329! in US for 20 dollars more it comes with a rim ($349 bundled) and we are expected to pay $459 for the bundled rim? that seems a bit unjust to me...
      Clearly everything comes down to taxes (don't know about Australian taxes). In the US, prices don't include VAT. I could even say that you pay less compared to others. If we convert 329.95AUD to EUR, it is about 230€, but in Europe, UniHub acutally costs 250€. So it is all about the taxes. Also, if you don't count the taxes, you can't take 1AUD = 1USD as they are not the same, but you seem to take them as one and the same.
    • Why do Australians have to pay an extra 30%? just the UNI-hub here is $329! in US for 20 dollars more it comes with a rim ($349 bundled) and we are expected to pay $459 for the bundled rim? that seems a bit unjust to me...
      I think it was mentioned that it has a bit to do with the Government taxes, tariffs, and what not. I'm not an Aussie so I can't say that I am 100% sure about this but I have looked at other products sold in Australia and the prices in general are way high compared to other places. Example a Diecast Collectable Car that would cost anywhere from 70-150 USD here in USA is 225 Aus Dollars there which is a huge difference. 
    • I think it was mentioned that it has a bit to do with the Government taxes, tariffs, and what not. I'm not an Aussie so I can't say that I am 100% sure about this but I have looked at other products sold in Australia and the prices in general are way high compared to other places. Example a Diecast Collectable Car that would cost anywhere from 70-150 USD here in USA is 225 Aus Dollars there which is a huge difference. 
      You're confusing "The Australia Tax" with Australian taxes.  There would be no tariffs on these goods.  They do attract a 10% sales tax, but that's all.  The "Australia Tax" is where company importing goods into Australia jacks the price up simply because they can, and to import the goods on a one-off basis for a consumer would make marginal difference.  The price difference is usually and rather dubiously marked up to higher labour costs.
      edited July 2014
      I think it was mentioned that it has a bit to do with the Government taxes, tariffs, and what not. I'm not an Aussie so I can't say that I am 100% sure about this but I have looked at other products sold in Australia and the prices in general are way high compared to other places. Example a Diecast Collectable Car that would cost anywhere from 70-150 USD here in USA is 225 Aus Dollars there which is a huge difference. 
      You're confusing "The Australia Tax" with Australian taxes.  There would be no tariffs on these goods.  They do attract a 10% sales tax, but that's all.  The "Australia Tax" is where company importing goods into Australia jacks the price up simply because they can, and to import the goods on a one-off basis for a consumer would make marginal difference.  The price difference is usually and rather dubiously marked up to higher labour costs.