CSL DD 8nm Strange Problem?

I am posting here due to a difficult to explain problem with my DD 8nm. I'll try to describe it as best as I can. 

I notice it most when I drive for example a left-right or right-left turn, in the moment where I change the direction, is about the middle position of the steering wheel very short the force feedback very weak or possibly off (I can hardly tell) until you then notice again that the forces increase. However, before the force feedback becomes stronger again, you feel a strange feeling... as if the rod from the base would first snap into place so that the necessary force feedback is there again (like there would be a metal to metal contact or something like that). 

I hope I was able to explain this in a somewhat useful way. 

Does anyone have an idea what this could be? 

Many thanks 

Comments

• Are you using an option in games such as "minimum force" or "centering spring force"?

• I used the recommendet Fanalab settings (I also tried min force with a couple of %):

CSL DD

(Compatibility Mode recommended)

Tuning Menu Settings:

• SEN 1080
    • FF 100
    • FFS Peak
    • NDP 20
    • NFR Off
    • NIN 3
    • INT 4
    • FEI 100
    • FOR 100
    • SPR 100
    • DPR 50
    • BLI User Preference
    • SHO 100
    • BRF User Preference

In-Game Settings:

• Steer lock: 1080
    • Gain: 70
    • Min Force: 0
    • Dynamic Damping: 100
    • Road Effects: 0

• edited August 2022

Sorry, I read your message better, I misunderstood your problem. Do you hear a loud click or click when a big force hits the steering wheel?

If so, it is very common. This usually happens with the plastic QR lite, but sometimes also with the metal QR.

If you have the metal QR you will have to lock it with the supplied screw.

If you have the QR lite, you need to use a small strip of tape over the center duct of the hub.

• This depends on the game, some are worse than others. For example Dirt Rally 2 has perfect FFB at the center of the wheel whereas something like ETS 2 is absolutely terrible. ACC is somewhere in the middle for me but it simulates a lot of bump surfaces so you would only really notice the problem on a really flat piece of tarmac.

You can make it less noticeable by setting a higher NDP like 35 and some more