CSL Elite+ Losing FFB and Pedals Jumping to 100%

I have a CSL Elite PlayStation bundle that I've ben using without issue for about a year and half. Then a couple days ago the following issues started happening. I've observed these issues in both iRacing and Assetto Corsa Competizione:

• FFB cutting out entirely, then recovering within a few seconds. FFB seems to cut out under heavy load like long corners or curb strikes. (frequent)
  • Losing force feedback entirely and the throttle, brake, and clutch pedals would all go to 100%. The red power light blinks and the three yellow shift indicator LEDs light up. There's no recovery and I have to restart the wheelbase. This is sometimes accompanied by a sharp turn to the left. (infrequent)
  • Shifters stopped working (infrequent)

Things I've tried

• Upgrading firmware to version 691
  • Upgrading driver to 445
  • Blowing compressed air through the front holes to clean the sensor wheel
  • Disconnecting and reconnecting all plugs
  • Detaching and reattaching the wheel

I'm out of warranty so is there anything I should be looking at inside the wheelbase myself?

Comments

• My wheel appears to be working after some changes.

Last night I took the top off by following the Sim Racing Garage guide, https://youtu.be/ErNI2O557LY?t=931, and blew some compressed air directly around the sensor wheel, boards, and motor. Not especially dusty, but I have cats and their hair gets everywhere.

But maybe more importantly, I turned down some of the feedback settings. I realized the default gain on ACC is way too high. I've also been experimenting with using auto max feedback in iRating to run every car right up to the point of clipping. I have a feeling I was overstressing the internals. With the FFB turned down I obviously have less feedback, but it doesn't fail after a long session, so that's a tradeoff I'll have to take. My Gain in ACC was 100, the recommended settings take it down to 70. https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/634/assetto-corsa-competizione-pc-fanatec-recommended-settings