The best for last: The Porsche 918 RSR Steering Wheel

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
Please welcome the Porsche 918 RSR Steering wheel for your ClubSport Wheel Base.

The race version of the Porsche 918 supercar is the best what Porsche has to offer at the moment and a true masterpiece of Germaneering.

We loved the breathtaking style of the car and the interior from the first moment and the steering wheel got our attention right away.

The combination of elegant super car and minimalistic race car style is unmatched and there is no word to describe how great it feels in your hand.

But form follows function so it also comes with the extremely helpful shift light indicators which are placed right in front of your eyes. By the use of expensive materials like carbon fibre and high-end PU foam and leather on the rim we were also able to reduce the weight significantly. This will result in much better performance.
BMW GT2
2119g
GT with all buttons (no smartphone)
1928g
Porsche 918 RSR
1624g
It is available right away and worldwide.

Comments

• That's the most beautiful rim I've seen! Thanks Thomas for another awesome product.
  • edited July 2014
    I have to say...That Looks Awesome... Now all I have to do is convince my girl.....
    How about the placement of the buttons. Can you reach most without taking the hands off?
  • I would like to know if it comes with the QR Hub or its the QR fixed to the wheel?Thanks!
  • Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited July 2014
    Fixed to the wheel. From the product page:

Our full metal quick-release system allows quick and instant changing the rims like in a real race car even during the game. 

Also the product page shows a pic. Best looking rim out in my opinion. Love the Porsche logo in the middle. very elegant.
    :D
  • Then i think will pass,too expensive just for a rim.I wouldnt if not were fixed,because in the future could buy another rim
  • Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited July 2014
    Save up. It will be worth it. 
  • Very nice Thomas Thanks :)
  • Chris KunzChris Kunz Member
    edited July 2014
    Ordered mine straight away. \:D/

Thomas, you're spoiling us big time.
    Thanks man.

WHAT a wheel !!!!
    B-)
  • sick!!!!!!!!
  • Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited July 2014
    Ordered mine straight away. \:D/

Thanks man.

WHAT a wheel !!!!
    B-)
    Yeah people have seem to have be waiting diligently for this Rim. Anyway I think I'm square for now and gonna start saving for the Direct Drive Base. Actgually I might get some paddles and E Brake in the mean time at some point?

• Ordered mine straight away. \:D/

Thanks man.

WHAT a wheel !!!!
    B-)
    Yeah people have seem to have be waiting diligently for this Rim. Anyway I think I'm square for now and gonna start saving for the Direct Drive Base. Actgually I might get some paddles and E Brake in the mean time at some point?
    Direct Drive Base ???  Please tell me their working on a brushless motor server type base !!
  • Direct Drive Base ???  Please tell me their working on a brushless motor server type base !!
    What is a server type base?

Direct drive base should be better than anything these days and of course the most expensive probably too.
  • Servo Motor Base what he meant. I have spent enough money with Fanatec that it's only logical for me to consider one of these new bases that support all the rest of my Fanatec gear. Thomas did state all these products unloading onto the market will be compatible with next gen PC compatible products and possibly the consoles.

Anyway It will be interesting to see what Thomas comes up with?  

• Servo Motor Base what he meant. I have spent enough money with Fanatec that it's only logical for me to consider one of these new bases that support all the rest of my Fanatec gear. Thomas did state all these products unloading onto the market will be compatible with next gen PC compatible products and possibly the consoles.

Question here is when did they start developing new bases. Seeing that bringing the CSShifter to a market took about 2.5 - 3 years, same or even more with handbrake and many other products. These are products that are not that complicated (handbrake at least not). So, developing and testing the base should therefore take even longer. If they didn't start at about the time CSW came out, I wouldn't expect direct drive base to be available before 2016 or so.

Question here is when did they start developing new bases. Seeing that bringing the CSShifter to a market took about 2.5 - 3 years, same or even more with handbrake and many other products. These are products that are not that complicated (handbrake at least not). So, developing and testing the base should therefore take even longer. If they didn't start at about the time CSW came out, I wouldn't expect direct drive base to be available before 2016 or so.

Okay I should have the money saved by then!
  • edited July 2014
    Ich Hoffe das bald, Auch so Eine schöne Felge für CSR-Elite rauskommt  : D
    Es wird So viel Getan Für die CSW-Base, bin etwas neidisch, und gleichzeitig traurig als Csr-Elite wheel besitzer...
    GIBT Gas Jungs und vergisst uns nicht  bitte B-)
  • Got mine yesterday and found something interesting. First off all it looks nice .. it feels nice .. it even smells nice. Need to wait for the base to arrive Monday.

But there is one thing that got my attention.

Why was Rene in the video stating that the carbon shifters are nice ? Product page is stating Metal shifters ... hmmm ? The packaging is showing Carbon Shifters ... if you check the Product page u will find that some pictures show metal some carbon.

@Thomas

Don't get me wrong on this. I love this wheel. But as i can see on the pictures on my packaging. Carbon shifters will suit the wheel better. Also for the price. So i wonder what happened to them ?
    Any possibility to get them ? :D
  • Rene mite have said something about carbon fiber shifters but everything I've read says metal shifters. It does say carbon fiber is used tho. And you can see it where the buttons are located.
  • Rene mite have said something about carbon fiber shifters but everything I've read says metal shifters. It does say carbon fiber is used tho. And you can see it where the buttons are located.
    Truth. Like i said. Metal shifters are mentioned at the product page. But pictures on the box of mine showing clearly carbon. As well as rene say clearly "the carbon shifters are nice"
  • Just received mine today and the analog joystick isn't calibrated properly. The drivers think I'm pushing up on the joystick when I'm not touching it. Is there any way to recalibrate that or am I going to have to get a replacement?
  • Carbon shifters will suit the wheel better. Also for the price. So i wonder what happened to them ?
    Yes, i was wondering that too. They should have been included for that price. But the overall feel and vibe of the wheel is so good i want to keep a positive from it.
    Maybe Thomas will send us the carbon fiber shifter peddles for free, as soon as they are ready. Must have been a slip of the production ;)

• I think this rim looks spectacular, I really like the use of proper leather over the suede or alcantara which requires the use of gloves to keep it fresh.

The fact that it is the lightest full size (320mm) wheel available with full functionality + the leather sealed the deal for me. Just ordered one yesterday along with the CSW base and handbrake (already have CSP V2 inverted pedals and CSS SQ shifter).

Regarding the carbon paddles, I heard Rene say the same and in some product pictures there is clearly carbon paddles. On the product page it says metal. Im sure the carbon paddles will be available as an add-on for a not so hefty price tag (as the paddles are removable and adjustable), though would have been nice to had them out of the box!
  • I think this rim looks spectacular, I really like the use of proper leather over the suede or alcantara which requires the use of gloves to keep it fresh.

The fact that it is the lightest full size (320mm) wheel available with full functionality + the leather sealed the deal for me. Just ordered one yesterday along with the CSW base and handbrake (already have CSP V2 inverted pedals and CSS SQ shifter).

Regarding the carbon paddles, I heard Rene say the same and in some product pictures there is clearly carbon paddles. On the product page it says metal. Im sure the carbon paddles will be available as an add-on for a not so hefty price tag (as the paddles are removable and adjustable), though would have been nice to had them out of the box!
    I have the 918RSR and its AWESOME! You won't be disappointed. Could you please give me info on your inverted CSPv2? I'm thinking of doing the same. Love when modders work together. Thanks.
  • Great to hear about the 918 rim, really looking forward to it!

I did some posts on CSP inversion at the pCars forum with pics (also my rim replacement), but you need to be a member to view these days:

Inverting the pedals really improved the realistic feel in my view.

Here is a picture of the result if you cannot view the pCars forum. I have a combined office and sim rig setup, so i built a platform to get the pedals adjustable, movable and higher up for a more realistic height in relation to the seat.
  • Great to hear about the 918 rim, really looking forward to it!

I did some posts on CSP inversion at the pCars forum with pics (also my rim replacement), but you need to be a member to view these days:

Inverting the pedals really improved the realistic feel in my view.

Here is a picture of the result if you cannot view the pCars forum. I have a combined office and sim rig setup, so i built a platform to get the pedals adjustable, movable and higher up for a more realistic height in relation to the seat.
    Very nice!!!
  • Greetings!

I just want to ask if Fanatec USA can ship to FPO address? Service men do also need to enjoy this awesome gears.

Hope someone can reply to this so I could place an order now.

best regards to all.

JC
  • Thomas this wheel is very fine and I love it. It has perfect grip and even though I have recently bought it I have already spent many hours with it - so thanks to you and your team for making this wheel. :)
  • did rene test this rim with the new 150 limit on forces?