FanaLab 1.69.7 Public Release (prev. 1.69.1) - Post your Feedback here

Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
edited April 2023 in FanaLab

How to report issues:

• List which hardware, driver and firmware you are using
  • Cross check with other settings, games and wheels to see if it's a general issue or specific with to a game, wheel or setting.
  • Is it happening with just one game (which one) or all you tried.
  • Go into detail how we can reproduce the issue.
  • Post screenshots or videos if needed.
  • In case of a FanaLab crash, use the "Collect Logs" feature under "Settings" and upload them here.

Changelog of FanaLab 1.69 (since 1.66)

• Fixed Fuel Display data showing wrong value (1L too much) in Prio mode.
  • Fixed wrong gear on LED Display in Project CARS 2.
  • Fixed some FlagLED settings are transferred from the last used profile and don't get loaded correctly.
  • Fixed ACP mode radio button switches to CBP briefly when changing the mode via MPS rotary.
  • Partially fixed momentarily Display data stays constantly after not being triggered anymore.
  • Implemented a new Car Dependent Auto Loading Profile feature (CDALP): 
    • The user can bind one or more specific cars to a profile which then gets automatically loaded when the selected car gets detected. 
    •  It's also possible to let FanaLab detect a custom mod car and add it to the Car List to bind it to a profile so CDALP can also automatically load a profile for any custom cars.
    •  In order that every Car name is fully shown the minimum width of the Game Profile list was increased.
    •  This feature is enabled for AC, ACC, AMS2, F1 2021, F1 22, iRacing, R3E and rF2.
  • Improved the profile list on the Game Profile page:
    •  Added a new icon bar on the top where the user can now open the cars list, import, export or delete profiles or mark a profile as the games default profile. 
    •  The same icons also open in a new menu when you right-click on a profile. 
  • Improved profile saving to make it more intuitive when and how to enter a profile name when a Recommended FFB Settings profile is selected to be able to save the profile.
    •  "New Profile" is the default profile name when a Recommended FFB Settings profile is selected.
    •  Clicking into the textbox when a Recommended FFB Settings profile is selected clears the textbox and you can type your name right away.
    •  When the textbox is empty and looses focus, "New Profile" is shown again.
    •  Saving when "New Profile" is shown in the textbox generates a "New Profile".
  • Improved the logic for checked / unchecked checkboxes:
    •  Checkboxes for saving when a Recommended FFB Settings profile is selected:
      •   All available checkboxes are checked.
      •   All greyed out checkboxes are unchecked.
      •   If a checkbox is available or greyed out relates to the connected hardware (base, wheel, pedals).
    •  Checkboxes for loading when a Recommended FFB Settings profile is selected:
      •  The "Tuning Menu" checkbox stays checked and greyed out when a recommended profile is selected. Enabling it would mean you can uncheck it. Then when unchecking it and loading the recommended profile would load: Nothing (tm by Monty Pythons).
  • Improved Device mismatch message: Gives more help and describes the mismatch case better (eg what device is different and that some adjustments to the settings might be needed).
  • Improved the whole Main Tab:
    •  The "Active Devices" no longer split in two seperate lists when USB pedals are connected, now the Wheel Base, Steering Wheel and USB-Pedals are shown in one complete list.
    •  The "Active Devices" images can now be scaled by dragging the white devider up/down to make the images bigger/smaller.
    •  The Social Media icons were replaced by new icons and moved with the Fanatec Links to the center bottom.
    •  The Games List image sizes were adapted, the width is now fixed so they no longer get too big with bigger FanaLab window sizes.
    •  Added a "Device not found" message with troubleshooting steps if no devices are recognized.
  • Improved Podium DD images.
  • Improved Formula V2 images of the PlayStation and LE 2018/2019 versions.
  • Removed unneccessary button to change pedals image for CSL EP V2.
  • Added button to change pedals image for CSP V3i when these pedals are chosen in the alternative flyout.
  • Added new image of CSL Steering Wheel P1 V2, renamed previous P1 V2 version to CSL Steering Wheel P1 V2 B. F. Edition and changed the order in the alternative flyout.
  • Added support for WRC Generations.
  • Added support for F1 2021 and F1 22 to use FanaLab and the TrayApp at the same time.
  • Updated F1 22 Recommended FFB settings profiles with new settings from the Forum.
  • Updated F1 22 Recommended FFB settings link to the new thread in the Forum.
  • Updated FanaLab Telemetry support list.
  • Changed color of the Recommended FFB settings "thumbs up" icon to blue to match the Recommended FFB Settings Forum button.
  • BRF, BLI, SHO, MPS and ACP are now adjustable also in Auto Setup because they can't be controlled by a game.
  • SHO and MPS are now also adjustable in Standard Mode of the Tuning Menu.
  • DRI is now also adjustable in Standard Mode of the Tuning Menu with a reduced range from -5 to OFF.
  • BLI is now shown when pedals or wheels with vibration motors are used.

1.69.1 Hotfix changes

• Fixed FanaLab not starting with Italian or French hints selected
  • Fixed Windows Defender message pop-up by correct signing of the installer
  • Adjusted AMS2 car list regarding a typo of the BMW 2002 Turbo
  • Adjusted iRacing car list regarding a name change of the IR-05 (Indycar)

1.69.2 Hotfix changes

• Fixed sometimes detecting wrong car in iRacing multi-class session which affected automatic profile loading per car.
  • Updated car list for AMS2 regarding update V1.4.5.2 & new DLCs

1.69.4 Hotfix changes

• iRacing:
    • Car count, current lap and total laps for ITM fixed in online sessions.
  • ACC:
    • Number of drivers in online sessions fixed in ITM
    • Updated Brake Bias of ITM for Honda NSX GT3 Evo due to game update.

1.69.5 Hotfix changes

• Fixed wrong RPM values with WRC Generations which lead to LEDs not getting triggered correctly.
  • Added new cars to the detection after game updates:
    • Automobilista 2: Formula Inter MG-15
    • iRacing: Late Model Stock, Ray FF1600, Renault Clio
    • F1 22: Alfa Romeo F1 Team 2023
  • Updated Italian Mouse Hover Hints

1.69.7 Hotfix changes

• Potential fix for detecting wrong car in iRacing multiclass online sessions.
  • iRacing car list changes/additions:
    • ARCA Menards Chevrolet Impala Gen 4 Cup
    • Ford GT GT2/GT3 -> Ford GT GT2
  • ACC car list additions
    • Ferrari 296 GT3
    • Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO2
    • Porsche 992 GT3 R

Known Issues

• Sometimes rev limiter vibration for the steering wheel stays active after once getting triggered.

Compatible driver version

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/27085/fanatec-driver-450-public-release-prev-448-beta-for-csl-csw-and-podium-wb-all-wheels/p1

Download

Comments

• New profile pack with a LOT of new profiles (for a total of now 312 profiles) for the most recent FanaLab version 1.69 which was just released with a major new feature: Car Dependent Auto Loading Profile (CDALP), which makes it now even easier to use these car specific profiles completely automatically without the user needing to manually load the profle.

Changelog:

• Added new AMS2 Official Car profile:
      • Chevrolet Corvette GTP
    • Added new AMS2 Mod Car profiles:
      • Alpine A110 (Cup + GT4)
      • Auriel 90 GTO (Audi 90 GTO)
      • Dodge Viper SRT10
      • Ferrari 250 GTO
      • Ferrari 430 Scuderia (+ Trackday)
      • Ferrari 458 Italia
      • Ferrari FXX K
      • Ford GT (+ Trackday)
      • Ford Shelby GT500 (+ Trackday)
      • Jaguar XE SV Project 8
      • Lamborghini Essenza SCV12
      • Lexus LFA (+ Trackday)
      • Mazda RX-7 Rocket Bunny Road
      • Nissan Silvia S15 Rocket Bunny
      • Porsche 911 GT3 2018 (+ Trackday)
      • Porsche 911 GT3 Touring (+ Trackday)
      • Porsche 911 GT3 2022
      • Porsche 911 Touring 2022
      • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992)
      • Porsche 935
    • Added new iRacing Car profiles so EVERY Road Car now has a profile:
      • Audi 90 GTO
      • BMW M Hybrid V8
      • Ford Fiesta RS WRC
      • Ford GT GT2/GT3
      • Kia Optima
      • Mercedes-AMG W13 E Performance
      • Nissan GTP ZX-T
      • Pontiac Solstice
      • Ruf RT12R AWD/RWD
      • Ruf RT12R Track
      • Ruf RT12R C-Spec
      • SCCA Spec Racer Ford
      • Stock Car Brasil Chevrolet Cruze
      • Supercars Ford Mustang GT
      • Toyota GR86 Cup
      • VW Beetle
      • VW Jetta TDI Cup
      • Williams-Toyota FW31
      • [Legacy] Dallara DW12
      • [Legacy] Indycar Dallara 2009
      • [Legacy] Mazda MX-5 2010
      • [Legacy] Pro Mazda
      • [Legacy] Riley MkXX Daytona Prototype 2008
      • [Legacy] V8 Supercar Ford Falcon 2009
      • [Legacy] V8 Supercar Ford FG Falcon 2014
      • [Legacy] V8 Supercar Holden VF Commodore 2014
    • Added new rF2 Car profiles (GT3 Pack):
      • Aston Martin Vantage GT3
      • Audi R8 LMS GT3 2018 & 2019
      • Bentley Continental GT3 2017
      • Bentley Continental GT3 2020
      • BMW M6 GT3
      • Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R
      • Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
      • McLaren 650S GT3
      • McLaren 720S GT3
      • Mercedes AMG GT3
      • Porsche 911 GT3 R
      • Radical RXC Turbo GT3
    • Added some profiles for AC:
      • Bayro 4 GT3 (BMW M4 GT3)
      • BMW M4 (Akrapovic)
      • BMW M235i Racing
      • Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo
      • Ferrari 488 GT3 (Evo 2020)
    • Added 1 profile with Custom FFB file for Project CARS 2 in honor of it's death and it's impact on SimRacing:
      • Ferrari 488 GT3
    • Adjusted FFB for the following profiles:
      • ACC Lamborghini Huracan ST EVO2
      • AMS2 Sigma P1
      • iRacing Audi R18
      • iRacing Dallara F3
      • iRacing Dallara iR-01
      • iRacing Dallara IR18
      • iRacing Dallara P217
      • iRacing Indy Pro 2000 PM-18
      • iRacing Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
      • iRacing Formula iR-04
      • iRacing Formula Renault 2.0
      • iRacing Formula Renault 3.5
      • iRacing Formula Vee
      • iRacing Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO
      • iRacing McLaren MP4-12C GT3
      • iRacing McLaren MP4-30
      • iRacing Mercedes-AMG GT3 2020
      • iRacing Mercedes-AMG W12 E Performance
      • iRacing Porsche 919
      • iRacing USF 2000
      • iRacing [Legacy] Ferrari 488 GT3
      • rF2 BMW M4 GT3
    • Adjusted some values in the ffb_custom_settings.txt file for AMS2 (note: The core is still based on Danielkarts V44 because in general I like the V44 version a bit more than the V45 but I merged some values of his V45 version to combine the best of both files into one hybrid file which imo feels the best FFB of all Sims on the market now). Because of this changes the suggested in-game FFB settings in the readme file also slightly changed.
    • Added DRS FlagLEDs to the AMS2 Sigma P1 profile.
    • Changed Pit Limiter LEDs of the iRacing McLaren MP4-30 profile.
    • Changed RevLEDs of F1 22 profiles according to latest game patches where the LEDs changed significantly in Cockpit Cam.
    • Changed namings of some profiles for every game to match the car name how it's shown in the game and in the new CDALP cars list.

To bind the profiles to the respective car for an automatic CDALP loading, just copy/paste the content of the the included ProfileCarsList_XYZ.xml file into into the already existing ProfileCarsList_XYZ.xml file and the content of the CarsList_XYZ_Custom.xml file into the already existing CarsList_XYZ_Custom.xml file, both located in the folder C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Fanatec\FanaLab\xml.

If you do not have the AppData folder, then you first need to unhide hidden folders in Windows by opening File Explorer, select "View" > "Options" > "Change folder and search options" and then select the "View" tab and, in "Advanced settings", select "Show hidden files, folders and drives" and click "OK".

I wish everyone Merry Christmas!

• Thanks to the profiles for AC

• Today iRacing announced that their Indycar License will expire on 31st December. Therefore they needed to rename the "[Legacy] IndyCar Dallara - 2009" to "[Legacy] Dallara IR-05".

This change happened with their Season 2023 Patch 1 from today which was released just hours after the release of FanaLab 1.69 with the new CDALP feature which includes the names for all cars.

So in the current cars list you will still see the old car name.

But exactly for such situations where cars get renamed or new cars get released there is a update function implemented in this new version so you can quickly update the cars list by yourself without needing to wait for a new FanaLab release!

In your Documents folder you will find a new folder called "Fanatec". In this folder is another folder called "Update".

Simply extract the attached CarsList_iRacing.zip and copy/paste the included new xml file into that "Update" folder with FanaLab being closed. On the next start of FanaLab it will update the cars list so the name is now corrected.

This new list of course will also be directly implemented in the next FanaLab releases going forward.

I have also already updated the name of my profile including the binding of that profile to the car in this zip file.

• hi team, when i install this version of fanalab i get a windows smartscreen warning that the program is unrecognized. it can be bypassed and then installs normally but wanted to share in case it is unintended behaviour

• Hi, after the update 1.69 i can't launch fanalab. Its installed in C: with the driver also and updated too but fanalab dont work now.

• edited December 2022

What exactly doesn't work? What version was the one you used before?

Is it crashing? If yes, please provide Windows Event Crash Logs, otherwise it's not possible to investigate crashing issues.

• Steve BlattiSteve Blatti Member
    edited December 2022

I can't launch Fanalab and i was using the latest version before the 1.69. i SEE Fanalab and after its closing.

• edited December 2022

That txt file unfortunately is not helping fully as is only contains one part of the crash infos, the other part is in another crash report.

Please open the Windows Event Viewer, click the dropwdown arrow for Windows Protocols, click on Applications and select all the red exclamation crashes which belong to FanaLab, save them in a zip file and upload them here.

• Thx, that logs will help the developer to find the cause of your crashes.

Can you please also add a list of devices you use (base, wheel, pedals)?

• ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2,

Podium Wheel Base DD2 ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5 (CSS_SQ) and the podium hub with porsche wheel

• Thx.

Can you please try to delete the following registry folder and then try to launch FanaLab again?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Endor\PodiumSuite

• It works now thank you very much !

• edited December 2022

Maurice, thanks for everything.

I dont undestand this:

"content of the CarsList_XYZ_Custom.xml file into the already existing CarsList_XYZ_Custom.xml file, both located in the folder C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Fanatec\FanaLab\xml."

I copy pasted the content of the other xml file from the zip. Ok. But in the zip we have only one xml, the profilecarlist... What do we have to do with the carlist xml? Do we copy the content from profilecarlist into the carslist_XXX_custom?

The way you wrote implies a carlist_xyz_cumstom is in the zip and we have to copy the content into the one in fanalab folder. But we have only this file in fanalab folder not in the zip.

Thanks!!!!

• edited December 2022

Only AC, AMS2 and rF2 will have such a CarsList_Custom file as those are the only games where you can add Custom cars.

The "correct" instruction for every game what to copy/paste is written in each individual readme file. Here in the forum its just a more general discription.

• same problem .. where do I look for folder to delete?

• risolto scusa

• Hello,

same problem for me, I also had to delete the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Endor\PodiumSuite folder in registry for Fanalab 1.69 to run

• Incredible work!! tested a few cars in ams2 and found the bmw 2002 Turbo doesn't load up and the profile remains stuck on the last one that was loaded even though it shows they 2002 turbo is binded together correctly

• i removed and binded it again a few times and it doesn't react when the car is active in game. Perhaps the internal carid for the bmw 2002 turbo was entered incorrectly with spaces or a missed character?

• edited December 2022

Can confirm, there is an error in the Car ID in the CarsList where the ID is BMW2022Turbo instead of BMW2002Turbo. Classical typo.

For such situations we luckily have a update function implemented in this new version so you can quickly update the cars list by yourself without needing to wait for a new FanaLab release!

In your Documents folder you will find a new folder called "Fanatec". In this folder is another folder called "Update".

Simply extract the attached CarsList_AMS2.zip and copy/paste the included new xml file into that "Update" folder with FanaLab being closed. On the next start of FanaLab it will update the cars list so the ID is now corrected.

This new list of course will also be directly implemented in the next FanaLab releases going forward.

You will need to unbind and rebind the car again after the new cars list was implemented, then it should load via CDALP properly.

• Absolute legend mate! worked perfectly. Having this functionality is a dream, can't thank you guys enough for the time you put in to make this happen!

• Great work Maurice. Any way these profiles can be adapted for CSL DD/GT DD PRO or is it only really for DD1/DD2?

• hi team, been testing the auto-profile load tonight in iRacing VRS and it seems to randomly be picking from the GT3 cars that are eligible for the race. i'm racing the lambo but so far it has loaded the BMW and audi in 2 different practice sessions.

for any test drive sessions in iracing it has loaded the lambo correctly each time

• Best Christmas present ever! I didn't expect to see this new version and profiles until the new year; it was a pleasant surprise; been my most wanted feature to auto-switch profiles per car, and so far, after some testing tonight, it works great! Thanks so much! all the best, and Merry Christmas!

• edited December 2022

@Maurice Böschen

With regards to your included ProfilesCarsList_iRacing.xml for iRacing

Do we copy and overwrite everything in the original existing file located in C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Fanatec\FanaLab\xml.

I am hoping and assuming we do just overwtite everything already in that file.

Or do we tack it on to the end of the existing data in the file?

If we tack it on do we start after the last </CarName> in the eisting file and if we do tack it on do we include the

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ProfileName>

from your file?

Also the original CarsList_iRacing.xml starts with

<CarName>

Where as your file starts with

<ProfileName>

Is this an issue have ProfileName instead of CarName?

Edit: I think I've just realied my mistake. In the C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Fanatec\FanaLab\xml folder I mistakenly opened the CarsList_iRacing.xml instead of the ProfileCarsList_iRacing.xml

Now that I have the correct file opened I see I can just paste your data into there as the file is basically blank to start with.

Cheers for clarifying things for me

• This is awesome, thanks Maurice for the holiday gift.

I’m just not entirely sure I get how to load the profile. I only have the recommended profile in my list, and I do see the car list button in Fanalab. What exactly should I be seeing for, say, ACC? Should I be seeing one profile per car in the list?

I copied the .pws files to the directory indicated, and also edited the XML. Should I be setting game profile to “Auto” instead of “SET 1”? Thanks for any help.

This discussion has been closed.