Elastomerfeder Projekt/Steifheit CSL Load Cell Pedaleinheit

Hi Leute,

dieser Beitrag geht hauptsächlich an die Leute in Deutschland.

Auch ich habe extreme Probleme mit dem Load Cell Kit der CSL DD-Pedale. Meine Setup ist das CSL-DD Bundle. Ich spiele eigentlich nur F1 und freue mich schon auf das 22-er. Leider habe ich bei meiner vor Kurzem erworbenen Load Cell Bremse das bekannte Problem mit der Steifigkeit. Ich habe leider keinen Platz für ein gutes, stabiles Rig und nutze einen Playseat Challenge. Ich habe mir hierzu noch einen Befestigungsmod auf Ebay für die Pedaleinheit besorgt, was aber unter Belastung nicht ausreicht. Wenn ich hohen Druck ausübe, verschiebt sich die Pedalplatte.

Leider ist es nun so, dass sich mein Bremspedal nur ca. 3-5mm beim Bremsen bewegt (Pedalweg unter Druck). Trail-Braking also unmöglich. Die verbauten Gummi-Elastomerfedern sind wohl mit 65 (+/- 5) Shore einfach zu hart und zu steif für mich. Vielleicht habe ich auch einfach 4x70 Shore erwischt :/

So bin ich auf die Suche nach einer Lösung gegangen, da dies so für mich unspielbar ist. Nach gefühlt einer Woche suchen bin ich auf einen Hersteller in Deutschland gestoßen, der mir Elastomerfedern in 40 (+/- 5) Shore in den fast exakten Maßen liefern könnte. Die verbauten Elastomere haben die Maße D außen (20mm), d innen (8,5-9mm) und die Höhe (12mm). Die mir angebotenen Federn wären in der Höhe auf 16mm, was kein Problem darstellen sollte, notfalls passe ich diese etwas an. Der Preis liegt hier bei ca. 3 Euro pro Feder, also komme ich auf 12, da ich 4 Stück brauche. Mit Versand bin ich dann bei 20 Euro.

Jetzt die Frage, bzw. Überlegung.

Falls es noch mehr Kollegen/Kolleginnen gibt, die solche Federn suchen, last mal ein Like da oder schreibt was hierzu. Ich müsste nämlich leider mindestens 50 Stück bestellen. Ich habe also noch gut 45 Stück übrig, die ich gerne einfach weiterverkaufen würde zu dem Preis, den ich bezahlt habe. Sollte hier ein reges Interesse bestehen, würde ich diese für die Community bestellen. Die 40 Shore harten Federn werden separat angefertigt, deswegen die MiMe 50.

Gerne kann jeder hier seinen Senf dazu geben. Ob als Interessent oder als jemand, der einfach nur einen Tipp zum genannten Problem hat. Ich hoffe, dass mein Gedanke (statt 65 Shore Harte Federn, 40 Shore Harte Federn = mehr Travel), stimmt.

Und wer weiß, vielleicht bin ich unnötig auf die Suche gegangen, weil jemand die Lösung schon kennt! Wenn ja, her damit.

Bitte seht mir mögliche Fehler im Post nach, auch technische. Ich bin Sim-Racing Anfänger :)

Danke schon einmal vorab.

Sportliche Grüße, Christian.

Comments

• Attila TóthAttila Tóth Member
    edited June 2022

Aliexpress can be found cheaply. There are several types. Other strengths.1-2-3pcs up.

• Hey Attila,

tyvm. I would really appreciate it, ilf you would post me a link or something :)

• https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005003852897326.html https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4000277618107.html

• edited June 2022

What you will do with these springs is transform a great csl pedals lc into Thrustmaster or Logitech.

When you brake with LC what matters is the force applied. LC measures strength not travel. Even if you mount softer springs, nothing will change, you will always have to apply the same force to get the same braking. To decrease the strength just go to the menu and lower the strength. This also works with original elastomers, in fact it works better.

You just have to get your muscle memory used to applying force, not movement.

The pedal moves because you exert too much force. And you push too hard because you try to move the pedal.

Open the Fanatec software, go to the pedals and adjust the force to 100. Slowly press the pedal up to the limit where the pedal remains stable and read the value. If you read 55, you set at 50, if you read 50 you set at 45. Always a little less than the maximum achievable. Press the pedal slowly to the maximum and try to memorize the strength. Just the force, no pedal movement.

Now close your eyes and imagine that you are the bottom of the Monza straight, at the 150 meters folder, and brake! Try to reach that strength. Every now and then open your eyes to make sure you brake as hard as possible. You are braking to the maximum, you do not need to make more force. Train for about ten minutes, then hit the track. It takes some getting used to, but when your foot learns it doesn't forget.

The advantage is that you can really do trail breaking and bring the braking percentage you want into the corners. And all naturally. If you continue to need pedal movement instead of force, you will not improve your braking technique.

• Dear Alessandro,

thank you so much for one of the most passionated reply´s ive read :)

The Problem for me is not the amount of force i have to put in, it is more like the very small travel i have. I tried to set the breakforce to around 40, but my pedal is just moving 3-5 mm in. So if i have 40% breakforce and get a travel of 5mm for example, the trailbraking technique is very very hard. Thats why i thought, a bit softer springs give me travel to like 1 cm or something would help me to get more travel.

Still not sure what to do :(

This is the mod i bought aditionally, to fix the plate harder, better. If i put a lot of force in (to have more travel at a higher breakforce), the pedal´s are moving forward, unfortunately. As i said, im 30 years old, so i got like enough power in my leg. Maybe a Load Cell Kit is just not working with a none metal rig.

• edited June 2022

Okay, block those red parts by placing a strip of soft rubber on top of the pipe, behind each of them, and tie it up with a plastic electrician's tie. Squeeze well and it will never move. I did such a thing with my old folding rig.

• I've watched numerous videos on YT of people mount CSL Pedals LC on Playseat Challenge. They use the bracket at the bottom of the rig's pedal holder to lock the pedals. If you want the pedals closer, you can attach them to a wooden board, and then attach the board to the rig, using the prominence at the bottom. There are many ways.

• Found the lack of travel an issue with my load cell so bought the elastomer kit from 3drap. I'm using the hybrid kit, It's so much better and can trail brake easily now. I'd recommend this kit as you can also try using just one or both to see what feels best. FYI I'm also using the LC on a Playseat Challenge but with a peddle deck mod from Lowdown Shifter, a full metal plate that clamps to the Playseat frame, and use 85-90% BRF ok.

• Stephan, nice Feedback. 85% sounds very tough? I still feel not comfortable with the LC and switching (without any mod) the values from 25-50. Not sure how braking should feel and what would be realistic.

@Christian: hast du mittlerweile eine Lösung? Ich habe die Loadcell im Black Friday Deal bestellt und fühle es wie du. KEIN Weg, unfassbar steife Bremse. Die Methodik ist mir klar und das Kraft hilft, aber es fühlt sich nicht wirklich gut an. Ich habe so einen kurzen Weg..

• The more pressure required gives more pedal travel and thus better control of trail braking. The elastomers do soften a bit over time, in fact I've removed the 3drap one and gone back to using all the original ones.

• Ok, so I won't order it. But anyway: How much travel do u have on ur pedal? I really have to push hard (which does not feel good) to get a bit of travel way. I know the LC measures the pressure, but i would like to have more way to put in the pressure. U know hat I mean`?