Brand New Fanatec Podium Racing isn't recognized please help

So I just bought this new wheel base with the blue f1 wheel and the fanatec control panel says no device detected and the fans on the wheel base is going at a 100 percent. PLEASE HELP ME

Comments

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Hello Kietkong Ketsiri,

sorry that you are having this issue but the explanation below should help you to solve it.

Solution:

1. uninstall your current driver
    2. install the older driver linked below
    3. start the base by holding down the power button for 10seconds, this will force a firmware update
    4. after that the base should be working normally, just with oler firmware
    5. install driver 447 from the website or 448 beta from the forum
    6. flash firmware through the automatic process

May I ask how you ended up in this situation?

• Did this happen after a firmware update?
    • Which driver did you use?
  • I was using the driver 447 when this happened after a firmware update

• I have another problem after the wheel restarted from the flash. None of the steering wheel buttons seem to work for some reason

Both should be resolved when following my solution guide.

Do you have other Fanatec hardware attached like ClubSport Pedals V3 via USB for example?

• I have the Shifter and the Pedals connected through the fanatec podium

• Although the fan stopped working at a 100 percent at this point

Did the instructions and driver which I give about work for you to get the base functional again?

• I bought a new Podium Wheel Rim Porsche 911 GT3 and it’s not even getting recognized smh brand new. All drivers are installed connections are reseated, reinstall drivers and still irresponsive.

Which base do you use?

Which driver do you have installed?

Is the firmware of the base up to date?

Does the driver show no wheel at all or does it show only the hub but not the button module?

• i am having similar issues as well. New Podium DD2 isn't being picked up by the control pannel. Installed the old driver, started the base like marcel said. installed the new driver 447, followed the steps of installing, restarted my computer like it says to do, and I'm back to square 1.

With holding the tuning menu button and pressing the D-Pad/FunkySwitch down you can enter the System Info screen, can you make a screenshot of which versions it shows?

Have you already tried the trouble shooting steps which get shown when opening the Fanatec Control Panel and no device is detected?

There is also a driver repair button in the bottom left.

Does the base show any other weird signs like the fan running at 100% the hole time?

• I am attempting to repair my driver in the control panel because my dd1 isnt being detected and its just showing "Please wait while Windows configures FANATEC driver package" while the green bar is not moving at all. its been at least 30 minutes.

• Hello Marcel,

I had the same issue as all of the above. Mismatched firmware between the motor and the base. I'm so glad that I found this thread. I was about to contact Support because I thought I bricked it. I did exactly what you posted, and it worked. I knew I had to upload an old firmware and driver, but I didn't know how far back to go. I deleted the driver (477) in Windows and then reloaded it using the driver 336.zip file. I am so relieved.😅

Thank you very much!

• Yup… same exact problem here. Glad I found this post since I thought I was the only one having this problem, apparently not. Hoping I can resolve it soon since I just got my DD1.

An alternative way to access it is to use the driver installation file to access the repair function. It could be that the driver is searching for it and can't find it.

I'm glad my instructions helped, wish you a fun and trouble free time with the new stuff.

• edited February 2023

Ciao marcel ho un grosso problema con la mia base dd1 in questi gg ho riscontrato il Problema della disconnessione dal pc e lo spegnimento improvviso ho disistallato i driver scaricato i vecchi in questo caso 366 poi ho istallato i 446 e poi 449 nel ultimo caso la mia ruota McLaren v2 ha aggiornato i driver 46 e tutto sembrava ok….oggi invece sembra morto... nn resta acceso anche tenendo premuto il tasto accensione nn va avanti quali altre soluzioni posso aver….intanto ho già creato un cmr con il servizio tecnico. Credi sia meglio un rma???..intanto hai suggerimenti...???

• Please post in English according to the forum rules so everyone understands you.

• Hi marcel I have a big problem with my base dd1 in these days I have encountered the problem of disconnection from the pc and the sudden shutdown I uninstalled the drivers downloaded the old ones in this case 366 then I installed the 446 and then 449 in the last case mine wheel McLaren v2 has updated the drivers 46 and everything seemed ok….today instead it seems dead...it doesn't stay on even when the power button is pressed it doesn't go on what other solutions can I have…in the meantime I have already created a cmr with the technical service . Do you think a rma is better???..in the meantime, do you have any suggestions...???

I've already answered your PM but just in case:

If the DD1 base is not starting anymore and the display stays dark, then only our customer support team can help you. Unfortunately there is nothing I can help you with in that case.

• Hi Fanatec

Same problem, but with a "new" (to me) second hand unit. Reported to be working by the previous owner, who also received it second hand and indicates it was recognized by iRacing with no Fanatec software installed.

Podium DD1 with F1 Wheel

This thread: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/27190/brand-new-fanatec-podium-racing-isnt-recognized-please-help

Followed the instructions:

Solution:

2. install the older driver linked below
    3. start the base by holding down the power button for 10seconds, this will force a firmware update

For step 2, loading 336 firmware seems to "brick" the unit as it doesn't respond to the tuning button or allow scrolling through the compatibility options (XBOX, PC, PC-COMP).

For step 5, I've tried 423, 439 , 443 , 447 , 451

For step5, loading firmware 423 seems to "brick" the unit as it doesn't respond to the tuning button or allow scrolling through the compatibility options (XBOX, PC, PC-COMP).

This is the settings shown on the DD1 unit after firmware update 451, the current state.

In all cases, where after a firmware update that does not "brick" the unit, the PC identifies a the unit as a DD1 device when in PC or XBOX mode and a CSL when in PC-COMP mode.

Also in all cases, forcing a firmware update with the Fanatec software intalled, the software sees the base and performs the update.

I've tried multiple USB ports, multiple USB cables and yes, multiple computers.

There are SOME firmware versions where TWO wheels show up in the Asseto Corsa setup menu but I haven't gone through to log that. Despite showing up, no input is ever detected.

Possible next steps

1. Provide logs to Fanatec
    2. Inspect the QR connections per manual 6.5
    3. Try using Xbox One as the computer
    4. Try iRacing

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• Solution Found!

The Fanatec provided procedure requires the supplemental step of removing the wheel from the base before the first "power button flash".

Fanatec procedure from this thread: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/27190/brand-new-fanatec-podium-racing-isnt-recognized-please-help

2. install the older driver linked below (File2019.06.07-Fanatec_driver_336.zip47.29 MB)

Supplemented procedure from this Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/yt1h26/solution_fanatec_podium_dd1_motor_firmware_update/

1. Uninstall the driver you have on your PC.
    2. Install the driver 336 from the link (File2019.06.07-Fanatec_driver_336.zip47.29 MB)
    3. Turn off the DD1.
    4. Remove the wheel.
    5. Restart PC.
    6. Turn on the DD1 pressing the power button 10 seconds (actually 8) - a FW flash app will open on your PC and you can flash the DD1. Now you have a base firmware that is compatible with your motor firmware!
    7. After that, delete the 336 driver and install the newest one.
    8. Restart PC.
    9. After this your DD1 should be available in the control panel. From there you can carefully update all components. (use the green button in the Firmware updater)
    10. During the update process, you will be instructed to attach a wheel