CSL Pedals deadzone, no min max calibration options

Hello,

I bought the CSL Pedals and updated them via the ClubSport adapter since I can not do it when they are connected via the CSL DD. The pedals however, do have quite a big deadzone at the beginning and at the end of each travel.

When I had my CSL Elites, there was always an option to calibrate the min and max of each pedal, sadly, it doesn't seem to be an option for the CSL Pedals neither via ClubSport adapter or when connected to the CSL DD.

Did I do something wrong or do I really have to live with a ~5% deadzone on each end of the pedal travel? If so, that would be pretty damn disappointing.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Oliver,

Yes the CSL Pedals do have a slight deadzone due to the requirements of the auto calibration. You should notice that the deadzone is slightly reduced when connected directly to your CSL DD compared to using them with the USB Adapter. We are planning to improve the calibration for the USB Adapter in a future update.

If you want to be sure, please create a video showing the deadzones (i.e. with the input and pedal movement in the same shot) and create a support ticket if you believe that they are unreasonably large. The team will be able to tell you whether your unit is behaving normally or not.

I assume that your CSL Elite Pedals were upgraded with the CSL Elite Pedals Load Cell Kit - this is why you had the option for manual calibration.

If you upgrade the CSL Pedals with the upcoming CSL Pedals Load Cell Kit (pre-orders start on November 26th), then you will also get this functionality, and it will allow you to set the deadzones more precisely.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• My CSL pedals connected to the CSL DD had no deadzones.

I calibrated mine in ACC to put in a bit of deadzone.

• As I have looked into the "problem", which now turns out to be somewhat intended, I can confirm that its pretty minimal. So I do think its the "normal" behaviour.

I did have the LC Kit for the CSL Elites and I'm now looking forward to getting it for the CSL Pedals, yet it's somewhat questionable having to get another upgrade that costs an additional 120$ during the Black Friday sale, just to get the liberty to set mins and max's.

Still, thank you for the quick answer!

As stated by Dominic, the deadzone did become less while using the pedals directly connected to the wheel base, it is still noticeable. Im kind of jealous it worked for you! 😁

Thanks for your answer!

• Probably not an issue here. But I've head some issues with having to set bigger dead zones due to pedal activity without touching them.

Turned out some dust or something was giving issues, so a good blow whilst pressing the pedal solved my issues in that regard.

I can't recall there being a difference from the pedal set connected straight to pc (w/ T3000RS) and then to CSW2.5 (and now CSL DD) base. But it's been a while.

• I have the opposite problem. I have a bad tendency to leave my foot on the brake pedal and would to increase the deadzone.