RaceRoom (PC) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Comments

• edited May 2020

I don't have a DD2 (CSL Elite 1.1 here), but I saw that in the Raceroom forum and I think they recommend spring OFF and damper to 100 on DD1 and DD2.

See this post for more info: FFB Guide - Fanatec DD1 & DD2 - December 2019

• what abot new FFB setting after game big update?

• This is working for me on a DD1 with F1 wheel:

In-Game settings for Raceroom:

• FFB intensity: 100%

• Smoothing: 0%

• FFB Spring: 0%

• FFB Damper: 5%

• Steering Force Intensity: 45%

• FFB Mini Force: 0%

• Understeer; 17%

• Vertical Load: 50%

• Lateral Force: 50%

• Steering Rack: 30%

• everything else: User preference

Wheelbase settings (with new features) IN Fanalab:

• [FFB] : 90

• [SEN] : Auto

• [FF] : 100

• [LIN] : off

• [NDP] : 10

• [NFR] : 5

• [NIN] : off

• [INT] : 4

• [FEI] : 70 (don't go above 80! because of random FFB thump problem)

• [FOR] : 100

• [SPR] : 0

• [DPR] : 100 (should be always at 100, only adjust over ingame setting!)

• [ABS] : User pref.

• [SHO] : User pref.

• [BRF] : Max / User pref.

• Hello. I have a problem with raceroom and my DD1. DD1 is displayed disconnected. If I can reconnect it. It starts again. It's the only game that does this. I tried another usb port. the problem persists. Do you have the same problem ?

• I have the same problem with my CSL elite ps4. Raceroom detects the base and even shows the name but it says that it is disconnected. It is very weird i had no problems at all in any simulator but raceroom

• After 3 years of absence I'm restarting again in Raceroom. That's why I'm looking for optimal settings for my Fanatec CSW2.5, F1 2018 LE Rim and my CSP V3 pedals. due to the facts that RRE has changed completely within the last 3 years, I guess there are also bigger FFB adjustments necessary for my rig. If somebody could give me perfect settings for feel and control, similiar to other current sims, for my gear your support is highly appreciated. many thanks and kind regards.

• edited November 2020

Just tried the current recommended setup and the default profile for a DD1 on the first page and yyuuuuk. It felt awful, almost without any resistance at all and no feel of grip in the slightest. Does anyone have any current settings that feel half-decent?

• edited November 2020

Not a wheelbase related issue but I believe game issue.

Anyone playing in Race Room willing to help me a bit?

Made the jump to PC only because RR has dubai autodrome and TCR cars hence I needed it for my training. 

BUT..... cant get the Base to provide not even close to feedback, resistance or feeling of a proper car. 

Tried all the suggestions on set ups in here, RR forums, reditt, videos.... 😭

Actually it feelt like that. 

(Correction: even that is heavier with better feedback and comes back to the center) 🥺

• Hello Simon,

Have you tried this recommendation on Sector3's forum? https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/fanatec-dd1-dd2-ffb-recommendations-beta-driver-v365.15506/

Sorry I can't help you more as I don't have a DD (I've got a CSL Elite 1.1)

• Ok found it. In game settings played a hudge hudge role for the feedback and also unassigned buttons (which showed disconnected was the base connectivity issue showing missing device at some points). 

More over the issue of the game showing blackscreen and throwing me back to desktop was because of the graphic setting being very high (since I am using a tv and setting was 4k x 2k x 1980). Now working ok. Need to fine tune the settings. 

On a good note the sportsmanship is way way higher than AC or ACC or GT Sport. Spend a good 2 hours online. 

• With this settings i get the best feel in game for DD1

In-Game settings for Raceroom

• FFB intensity: 100%
    • Smoothing: 0%
    • FFB Spring: 0%
    • FFB Damper: 5%
    • Steering Force Intensity: 45%
    • FFB Mini Force: 0%
    • Understeer; 17%
    • Vertical Load: 50%
    • Lateral Force: 50%
    • Steering Rack: 30%
    • everything else: User preference

Wheelbase settings (with new features):

• [SEN] : Auto
    • [FF] : 100
    • [LIN] : off
    • [NDP] : 10
    • [NFR] : 5
    • [NIN] : off
    • [INT] : 4
    • [FEI] : 70 (don't go above 80! because of random FFB thump problem)
    • [FOR] : 100
    • [SPR] : 0
    • [DPR] : 100 (should be always at 100, only adjust over ingame setting!)
    • [ABS] : User pref.
    • [SHO] : User pref.
    • [BRF] : Max / User pref.

• ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5

Help, I have the recommended base and game settings but I don’t feel force feed back when I turn, someone with settings you can share?

• edited May 2021

Anyone know Device ID for Podium Hub? It seems I can't map my DD1 when using Podium Hub -- but apparently if I know the device ID I can probably manually add it to config file.

• RaceRoom updated the FFB - what are you using now in terms of settings on your CSL Elite Wheelbase... and in the game? I am just trying to get into RaceRoom and would appreciate some input here please :)

• Hi, I also would appreciate updated recommended settings. Thanks!

• Well if no one else is sharing, I started with the suggestions I found and am running this on the "old" CSL ELITE 1 Wheelbase right now:

SEN: Auto

FF: 100

DRI: -2

FEI: 70

FOR: 100

SPR: 100

DPR: 100

BLI: OFF

SHO: 80

MPS: Pulse (because I use the McLaren GT3 V2 rim)

• I am also curious if new DD setting's would be usefull with the new implemented FFB.

• The FFB Max Force in these newly updated recommended settings must be wrong. 0% yields basically no force feedback, or have I missed something???

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Sam, you're quite right, a data entry error on my part. Has been fixed. :)

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Does SPR have an effect on a DD1? It was written here once. But not anymore.

• I run fanalab but can't work out how to get the rev leds to work properly, it is like I need to turn something off in game that is interfering with it. The rev leds are going schizo but I can't see anything to switch off to get the fanalab ones to operate them independently. Any ideas?

Cheers

• Yes you need to disable in game settings. What to do is exactly explained in the tooltips you get when you click the Enable Telemetry Button in Fanalab.

• Yeah, but the issue is I can't see any setting in raceroom that is related to this. Haven't had this issue with any other sim be as it was easy to find the setting to switch off. Do you know what the setting is in raceroom?

• It says on the tooltip that no setup is required for raceroom yet i get the crazy revleds like i would in another sim when i have not turned the in game leds off. Why would this be? On latest version of everything, it only happens in raceroom.

• You need to press BOTH green buttons to get everything set-up properly for every game. Then you would have seen this tooltip which explains it in detail :)

• Thanks Maurice, I already had the telemetry setup and didn't realise that if I clicked on them again that it would show the tooltips. Will file that away in the memory bank for next time.

• William OtisWilliam Otis Member
    edited January 2022

I have a CSL DD, and it seems that progress has been made in RaceRoom when it comes to PC mode. I take it that the automatic DOR is on Sector 3's end or, is there something we can do to force it to work through Fanalab? Everything else seems to be working fine.

• Hi, thanks for the work in creating the suggested settings. I'm using them with the DD Pro. Is it normal that stationary friction stays very high no matter what I set it to be in-game? It also has a very obvious grainy texture. Once the car is moving everything is great, but getting out of the pits is painful. The wheel base turns smoothly when off, so the wheel base seems to be in good shape.

Thanks.

• How is the game and the ffb with the csl dd? I think I get the game

does it work with fanalab

• Can Some one help me with the brake settings in raceroom. I have the v3 Pedals. Its very difficult to brake. In acc en Ams2 and Rfactor2 no problems at all