8nm wheel base which to choose

Hi all,

I’m on the scout for a new rig. Sold my whole rig last year due to moving to a small apartment and there was no space for my triple screen CSW v2.5 etc. Rig. So sold it.

now almost a year later I miss sim racing big time. So I decided to buy a smaller rig. Perhaps a l smaller wheel stand. I’m thinking to buy the DD 8nm. I have a PC and an Xbox series X, and perhaps I will buy a PS5 as well. 

the CSL DD 8nm is compatible with PC an Xbox, but not PS5. Is this due to the used wheel? When I attach a GT Club sports wheel, will it then also compatible with the PS5?

I know there is a Grand Turismo DD pro base but that is compatible with the PS5 due to the included GT sports wheel.

can anybody shine a lite on this? The most important is, I have to use it on the PC and Xbox as I own those 2. The PS5 is a wanna have an probably I buy it in the near feature.

thanks in advance for the reply.

Comments

• edited March 2023

"the CSL DD 8nm is compatible with PC an Xbox, but not PS5. Is this due to the used wheel? When I attach a GT Club sports wheel, will it then also compatible with the PS5?"

-> No.

"I know there is a Grand Turismo DD pro base but that is compatible with the PS5 due to the included GT sports wheel."

-> Again No, thats incorrect. Its not the wheel which makes the GT DD Pro compatible with PS5 - its the BASE itself!

Playstation compatibility comes through the BASE, not the wheel.

There are no PS compatible wheels which can make a non-playstation-compatible base suddenly playstation compatible.

The only PS compatible Base which Fanatec currently sells is the GT DD Pro.

Only for Xbox you need a Xbox compatible WHEEL, Base doesnt matter.

• Long story short, buy the GT DD Pro (which will give you PS/PC compatibility) and something like the WRC or Formula 2.5x wheel (make sure it's advertised as Xbox compatible). Then you'll be able to play on whichever platform you choose.

• R.R. RijkR.R. Rijk Member
    edited March 2023

Thanks guys..

So I need to buy the GT DD Pro, which has the GT wheel and therefore compatible with the PC/PS5. When I also buy a Xbox compatible wheel, I can use it on the Xbox as well? It is a bit a waste of money as long as I do not own a PS5.

mmm then it will be the CSL DD for pc/Xbox as I currently do not own a PS5 and don’t know if or when I buy one.

• "which has the GT wheel and therefore compatible with the PC/PS5"

No... It's not because of the GT wheel. It's the BASE itself which is playstation compatible no matter the wheel.

You dont need the GT wheel for PS compatibility.

• thanks.

I’ve seen the light. Took some while. 😁

• Or you can buy just the GT DD PRO wheelbase without the Gran Turismo steering wheel and get and Xbox compatible steering wheel to connect to the wheelbase and you already have compatibility with all 3 platforms with a single wheel base and a single steering wheel

Just the base GT DD PRO 8Nm base : https://fanatec.com/eu-en/racing-wheels-wheel-bases/wheel-bases/gran-turismo-dd-pro-wheel-base-8-nm?_gl=1*l0eflf*_up*MQ..*_ga*MjgxODgzOTE5LjE2NzgxOTM0NDE.*_ga_Q6VYC4JPVE*MTY3ODE5MzQ0MC4xLjEuMTY3ODE5MzQ0NC4wLjAuMA..

• Yeah indeed, although that one is €100 more expensive. Mean while I read here that every CSL DD is compatible with PC,Xbox,PS. it only depends on what wheel you attach to the base. So if I want to play on the Xbox, I need a wheel that is compatible with the Xbox and so fort.

thus why is the CSL DD pro more expensive?

• The CSL DD is NOT playstation compatible.

Only the GT DD PRO is.

• The PS chip is on Wheelbase, while the Xbox chip is on wheel. So:

- If you want compatibility with PS you must necessarily use a wheelbase compatible with PS, and any racing wheel.

- If you want Xbox compatibility you can use any wheelbase, but you must necessarily use an Xbox compatible wheel.

- Any wheelbase and racing wheel is PC compatible.

• I feel like this information needs to be pinned at the top of each section of this forum. I can't begin to recall how many times I've seen confusion over this topic.

• I think information’s are quite clear on each product description, unfortunately most people don’t even read instructions, description, whatever.

We still have people crying for help when they connect the wheelbase and nothing happens….like, I mean, when you turn on the console with the pad you usually press the Xbox/Ps button no? 😜

And if you turn on the console with the onboard button there’s no chance your pad activates until you press, again, the Xbox/ps button.

I don’t mean to be rude but there’s plenty of info on the website and available for download, confusion can still arise I get it, it’s totally understandable.

The CSL DD has been, since day 1, officially advertised as non-PS compatible, eve, so the DD2 (let’s not talk about DeiveHub & stuff …).

It’s quite clear and written on all products, in fact when I ordered the Formula wheel I first marked the one that was PC-PS compatible (v2.5)…then I saw the other one, the v2.5x also compatible with Xbox so I decided to cancel the previous order and go with the former to have full compatibility on my CSL Elite wheelbase at the time and later with the GT DD Pro. So I can use my GT DD Pro on ps4/ps5/Series X and pc (I don’t have one anyway).

Like others have suggested you have just one choice to get a 8Nm base for the 3 platform compatibility, get a GT DD Pro (without a wheel maybe) and then combine with a 3 platform compatible wheel.

On every wheel product description you’ll find the round spot specifying compatibility, please also take some time to go into the product description, at the bottom, where usually there’s a resume with plenty of informations and details about compatibility.

Wish you all a lovely day!.