Modders Welcome!

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
With the Universal Hub anybody can easily become a modder without any technical skills needed.

But if you want to have something very special then it requires more passion and DIY skills.

I bet nobody will beat these rims:

If you want to try it, you are very welcome. And any professional modder who is selling custom made wheel rims can send me a PM with his adress and he/she will get a free Universal Hub right away. We are fully supporting the idea of custom made rims and are looking forward to see creative solutions. As the electronics are already included in the hub, the customer can be sure that he always gets a compatible product which fits perfectly to his ClubSport Wheel.

Comments

• Looool

Never knew Thomas was a former member of ZZ Top. Steering wheel ripped from the Cheech and Chong Van?
    Fluffy wheelcover, targeting Paris as a PR girl?

You're crazy
    10 thumbz up from me
  • Ok - already started to work on my personal rim - now I just need this fabulous hub to fulfinish it... :D
  • Einfach nur abgefahren. Das ist ja mal eine geile Werbung,

• Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited May 2014

I got a kick out of this video myself as I have been doing steering wheel searches on the internet and have come across some interesting stuff like this

• Andrew - this must be a classic drift-wheel. No spokes to hurt your fingers when grabbing back!
  • Team BugBear has gone wilder than their games

I have Next Car Game running over here myself and it is a lot of fun. The amount of destruction is beyond belief, lol :D
  • what about heavier rims and is there a maximum rim weight, it could damage the motors

• what about heavier rims and is there a maximum rim weight, it could damage the motors

This does not make sense because individuals put a lot of force weight into counter steering no matter if the wheel rim is light or heavy.

Also while I may not be scratch modding a wheel rim I am working on replicating a classic wheel rim. If you want to send me a hub I'll send you the money right now!

• Does anyone know what happened to the Fanatec RS Seat? I was really excited to buy one, i never did get the chance.

Also i would like to apologize about this question not being relevant to this topic, but if someone could let me know that would be awesome.
  • Does anyone know what happened to the Fanatec RS Seat? I was really excited to buy one, i never did get the chance.

Also i would like to apologize about this question not being relevant to this topic, but if someone could let me know that would be awesome.

The only seats I am seeing are the Sparco Fanatec Seats but the RS Seat is listed as an add-on so you may want to contact the EU webshop to see if the seat has possibly been discontinued or out of stock
  • With the Universal Hub anybody can easily become a modder without any technical skills needed.

But if you want to have something very special then it requires more passion and DIY skills.

If you want to try it, you are very welcome. And any professional modder who is selling custom made wheel rims can send me a PM with his adress and he/she will get a free Universal Hub right away. We are fully supporting the idea of custom made rims and are looking forward to see creative solutions. As the electronics are already included in the hub, the customer can be sure that he always gets a compatible product which fits perfectly to his ClubSport Wheel.

Does anyone know what happened to the Fanatec RS Seat? I was really excited to buy one, i never did get the chance.

The only seats I am seeing are the Sparco Fanatec Seats but the RS Seat is listed as an add-on so you may want to contact the EU webshop to see if the seat has possibly been discontinued or out of stock
    Ya it is a discontinued product, but it was on the store, but the purchase button was greyed out, then it went down, haven't seen it since, yet ive seen this chair on a few YouTube videos and Google pics of people using them.

i really want the RS seat over the Sparco seats because i love the hard core design, also im kinda a big guy and the dimensions of the RS seat will suit me better then the Sparco.
  • With the Universal Hub anybody can easily become a modder without any technical skills needed.

Does anyone know what happened to the Fanatec RS Seat? I was really excited to buy one, i never did get the chance.

Ya it is a discontinued product, but it was on the store, but the purchase button was greyed out, then it went down, haven't seen it since, yet ive seen this chair on a few YouTube videos and Google pics of people using them.

i really want the RS seat over the Sparco seats because i love the hard core design, also im kinda a big guy and the dimensions of the RS seat will suit me better then the Sparco.

If you maybe would like to consider a 3rd party you might be able to find a seat with a similar design. You sound like you don't mind doing a little research. Anyway good luck.

• If you maybe would like to consider a 3rd party you might be able to find a seat with a similar design. You sound like you don't mind doing a little research. Anyway good luck.
    Ya i cant seem to find anything with in the same price range/quality anyway hope it comes back up someday, btw thanks for your help, much appreciated.
  • What makes someone a professional modder, as I have modified almost every wheel I have owned.
    My CSR got a F1 styled wheel syill using the side grips from original, I just copied the pattern from original aluminium but joined at the top, and removed the shiny plastic from the wheel.
    Its looks better than the original, and still works great.

James
  • Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited July 2014
    What makes someone a professional modder, as I have modified almost every wheel I have owned.
    My CSR got a F1 styled wheel syill using the side grips from original, I just copied the pattern from original aluminium but joined at the top, and removed the shiny plastic from the wheel.

James
    I would guess selling some of your mods to others and getting paid. That's typically the definition of Professional vs Amateur. 
  • What makes someone a professional modder, as I have modified almost every wheel I have owned.

James
    I'd like to see a picture of that. Sounds cool as hell!
  • Finally the Moto-Lita now got it´s adapter-plate and is mounted...image
  • That looks like a very nice wheel Klaus  ^:)^
  • my mod idea. I want to build a set of moto handlebars utilizing the quick release hub. the problem for moto sims/games is there has never been a decent controller. I think fanatic can solve that problem or has the solution to the problem.  a quick release handlebar would make fanatec unquestionable the best and most versatile controller.

another market to sell too, deservers the hub and a little support. theres more a rear brake and shifter mods that plug into the base. with some slimax software and maybe DSD stuff its totally doable. the guys on pibosos gp and mx bikes would love it. and then make it usable for as many titles as possible with slimax profiles. and then some youtube video riding your pc baby.

• Today I started with realising the Morgan-Threewheeler-rims. First pic:image
  • I mean, I can start making custom wheel if you want. I own a CNC machine 🤷🏻‍♂️