Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• edited May 2015
    Jason ive been Reading AMD users have been Having Problems with Pcars while trying to run it in Efinity Mode or something like that.
  • Jason ive been Reading AMD users have been Having Problems with Pcars while trying to run it in Efinity Mode or something like that.

Eyefinity is only for using multiple monitors.

• Still no word on the first shipment. That means everything is going smoothly, and the hub will be in my hands in eight days, right? ....Right?
  • I'm sure everything is fine Luke. It's easy to get stressed due to Fanatec's reputation in customer service, but of course if there were going to be any delays

1) Fanatec would know about it already
    2) They would have contacted you to inform you of this

So I'm sure everything is fine. 

Give Fanatec the benefit of the doubt here. 
  • Still no word on the first shipment. That means everything is going smoothly, and the hub will be in my hands in eight days, right? ....Right?
    It won't be in your hands, that's the shipping date.
  • Going to be a few days after the 28th. That's presuming there's no hick ups and Fanatec can hit the 28th release date.
  • I have a question about calibration? I just purchased a clubsport H pattern Shifter and i am having problems calibrating the reverse on it. Do i need to take it apart and adjust it as it doesn't shift to the reverse instead it will only go over to first. I have tried mapping refverse and first to the same position but it doesn't work correctly and when i am at full speed in 6th it will shift down to 1st even though im in 6th can someone please help?
  • I have a question about calibration? I just purchased a clubsport H pattern Shifter and i am having problems calibrating the reverse on it. Do i need to take it apart and adjust it as it doesn't shift to the reverse instead it will only go over to first. I have tried mapping refverse and first to the same position but it doesn't work correctly and when i am at full speed in 6th it will shift down to 1st even though im in 6th can someone please help?
    Did you do the initial calibration before use? Reverse should only be obtained by pushing down on the shifter and then entering the gear. (Same for 7th) That way you don't accidentally hit Reverse. The FAQ are a good start. Hope this helps.

http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/shifters/clubsport-shifter-sq-us.html
  • yep i did calibrate it and figured out it was pressing down for the reverse but it still does it,. whenever i shift on project cars to 6th it goes to first sometimes.
  • I just got this from the sales team:

End of May is still valid as shipping date. You will get an email confirmation once the unit ships from the warehouse.

Sweet!!
  • yep i did calibrate it and figured out it was pressing down for the reverse but it still does it,. whenever i shift on project cars to 6th it goes to first sometimes.
    I've heard of this issue for PS4. Is that what you're using, perhaps?
  • I just got this from the sales team:

End of May is still valid as shipping date. You will get an email confirmation once the unit ships from the warehouse.

Sweet!!
    Great news but......

I'm expecting shipment of my AccuForce wheel in the same week as the XB1 hub. Too little time, too many toys. 
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited May 2015
    yep i did calibrate it and figured out it was pressing down for the reverse but it still does it,. whenever i shift on project cars to 6th it goes to first sometimes.
    I've heard of this issue for PS4. Is that what you're using, perhaps?

Hi,
    Luke is correct ;)

If you are on the PS4 version it currently requires a patch to fix issues with fanatec wheels etc.

I have many issues with PS4 version of PCars including (but not limited to)
    Clutch dead zone of over 3/4cm before it registers any movement in the telemetry (dead zone set to 0)
    Shifter not recognising selected gear correctly or randomly dropping gears.
    Wheel locking up (full lock left/right) during races.
    No force feedback (randomly)
    To much force feedback (randomly)
    Jolts/Judders and violent snaps when trying to turn the wheel when stationary.
    Etc.
    Etc
    Etc.

Those are just a few of my wheel related issues. However, patches are en route from SMS and most of these issues have been confirmed and or at least aknowledged by SMS in their known issues thread.

I have currently ceased playing the PS4 version of the game until these updates arrive.
    Your issues could potentially be related to one or more of these issues.

• It only Took Me 24hrs But i Finaly Have a Really Good FFB Tune for PS4 PCars!!!

FFB Master controle Panel
    Tire Force 100
    Wheel Position Smoothing 0.04
    Dead Zone Removal Fall Off 0.01
    Linkage Stiffness 1.00
    Relative Gain 108 or 113
    Relative adjust Bleed 0.10
    Relative adjust Clamp 0.96
    ScoopKnee 70
    Scoop Reduction 0.15

Some of these settings are the Same as the Tuning PDF they Seem Ok.... any Setting Not Listes has a Value of 0.

In Car FFB Tuning Settings

Master Scale 50.0
    FX 2.00
    Fy 40.00
    FZ 100.00
    Mz 60.00

Arm Angle 1500 or what ever it is Stock as per car

Scoop Master Scale 50.0
    Sop Lat 40.0
    Sop Diff 100.0
    any Setting Not Listed is 0

PS4 but Should work on XB1 also with Minor Adjustment... Let Me Know what you think.

im going to Spend this 3day weekend Tweeking trying to get a Finer More Subtle Feel outta this tune but this is a Good Starting Point.

So Far My Profile Has me at 26hrs of Play time but thats 99% Tweeking time!!! I Have Not even Completed My First Series of Races... LOL.
  • You Have to enter this in every Car Tune on every Track!!! I dont do Save all Because the Cars Suspention tune is Different from track to Track and save all will save the Suspention tune to every track Not just the FFB Settings.
  • edited May 2015
    With PS4 Pcars you Have to be Careful Not to Set the Masters Too High or you will get FFB Randomly clipping on and Off!!! Pretty Much like PC.

In the settings i posted i Set them So that the Stronger FFB effects are Not Over Shadowing the Lesser FFB Effects... I will be Fine tuning it all weekend and Post New Settings if i can get it better but what i posted is a Great Starting Point as you can feel Rumble strips, weight Transfer and you can feel if a wheel has left the Ground.

I think PCars Has Some Major Potential... The FFB Effects are in there but the Stock wheel Settings are so Screwed that you cant Feel them... There are too Many FFB settings that are Redundent and Counteract each other most of them should be just set to Off... IE the FX Liniar(Front to Back) Setting is Not Really Needed unless you have a Motion Rig that will tip Forwards and Backwards... if set too High this setting will take More FFB out of the wheel than it will put in.

Ive been Tweeking Non Stop sice i Got the Game... Ive Even been Reaerching the Net to See what Certain Settings i was unsure about realy do.
    another useless setting is Body unless you have a Motion Rig this setting takes away More FFB than it Gives. im Not even Sure that setting will work well in a Motion Rig... It just emulates the Drivers Body being tossed around in Corners by G forces or Bumps .. ETC.

Yup Grimey does his Home work!!! LOL
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Will try these at weekend I think...
    Cheers Grimey :)

• Gonna try these soon too Grimey...on PS4
  • Has any body else Noticed that the ABS feature on the V2 base does Not work with PCars??? i set the ABS on the wheel to 55% and the Brake Pedal nor the Rim motors Vibrate.

Grimey. Try setting ABS 90 - and Sho to OFF. Also check lhis out for PC users. If already not been mentioned.

• doh, cant paste links.. Search Jack Spade -FFB Tweaker Files.

• He's got the spades pdf David.
  • edited May 2015
    I Didnt Like the Jack Spade Tweeker Files.... No Good Not My FFB Taste wheel is too Heavy and Lazy....I Guarentee My FFB feel is Much Better. Yup i Said that im that Sure!!!
  • Wheel becomes lazy after calibration Grimey...I don't do game wheel calibration ANYMORE...not even after A patch.
  • I noticed pCars allows you to use both the CSSSQ and paddle shifters at the same time.
  • Here's a time for you guys. I set a time of 1 min 36:482 on the Sakito Japan GP track in the Mercedes dtm Amg touring car. Currently first on the time trial leaderboards. Just looking for a bit of competition but have found that this car and this track is nicely suited to the fanatec setup. Sorry for poor quality vid but was taken straight from my phone from the TV. Looking for some more competitive times to beat. Good luck. Evilseas.

• I'm using an AMD GPU too Grimey and I'm not having any problems running pCars. You can also try the windows 10 beta driver for AMD GPU's.
    You need to help others having problems then and share your settings. My biggest concern is that people who pay for pCARS enjoy it and are in  for the long haul because epic DLC is on the way. So good it is every bit as good as the released selection of content or better
  • Just use the Raptr software and Catalyst beta driver 15.5

Is it my router or are there slim pickings for servers for pCars?

• @ Jason. I removed  the Raptr software as it was conflicting with something and kept exiting me to the dashboard every time I exited a mode on the pc.

Believe it is to do with replays etc but I don't do those anyway.

Running AMD gpu and not having any problems, but then again I do not push the settings.

• Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited May 2015

I've run it both with and without Raptr. When setting Raptr to max quality I was only getting FPS in the 20's, now I have a lot of things set to ultra and some toned down a bit and average in the 40's fps. I'm still running my 3+ year old 7870 card as I'm waiting for Windows 10 before I buy a DX12 card. I heard that even our old AMD cards will get a nice performance boost once Windows 10 comes out according to those using Win 10 preview.

I haven't tried my Oculus Rift DK2 yet with pCars as I can't imagine how low the settings would have to be to get 75 fps minimum so I don't puke.

• So to get a high quality wheel with pedals and shifter that works with XB1 and PCs I need to spend around £1300!!! Could buy the Thrustmaster TX with pro 3 pedal setup and shifter for less than half the price!!! I have the CSR wheel with elite pedals but no longer have my 360, only XB1 and my PC. Pretty poor show, if it was easy to make a hub for XB1 then why not make a stand alone wheel? Clearly you have the required tech to do it. Something that was actually accessible to more people would surely be a better? All you have succeeded in doing is scaring off return custom, from me and I would imagine a lot of others, GOOD JOB FANATEC!