CSL Elite v1.1 Connection Issue

Hoping someone can help with this, I’ve had no luck finding anything similar. For reference, setup is CSL Elite V1.1 wheel base, P1 wheel, CSL pedals, Clubsport shifter & HB that I picked up used about 10 months ago. It was on firmware v680 and I was able to plug and play on Xbox One X with no issue until a few days ago. 

Up until this point the WB would enter Xbox mode after startup and I could power on the console via wheel button. Now when I power up the wheel base, all revLEDs light up immediately, stay lit, and the wheel base stays in PC mode. Pressing the mode button will change the indicator light for about 5 seconds before returning to PC mode. When connected to PC everything responds correctly in the function test menu, aside from revLEDs. I have tried all the recent firmware versions and no change.

After trying several different startup sequences I was able to get it to stay in console mode by powering up console first, wheel base second, hitting mode button and immediately pressing the Xbox button on the wheel. Once I’m in console mode and the wheel turns on, I can navigate and play *somewhat* normally, but my wheel is off slightly from in-game wheel calibration in Dirt Rally 2.0 (my wheel sits at about 110 degrees when the game registers 90 in either direction). I can also get revLEDs to change at random by tapping the brake in BRF mode.

I assume hardware failure or dirty sensor but I’m shooting in the dark at this point, any advice?

Comments

• I had the exact same problem, I "fixed" the problem by reverting base firmware to 400, then fully connecting it to my ps5 running a few laps, and then turning it off while ps5 was on. then connecting it to my powered on Xbox and switching to Xbox mode, after that, as long as I plug the wheel on a powered Xbox it works.

I believe it was some glitch on the Xbox mode because it came out of nowhere, and simple by running it on PS mode for a while and turning it off while actively connected to the console, it managed to reset Xbox mode, Its been over 1 month without any further issue. I believed it would work the same on PC mode, it just needs to "forget" xbox mode for some time and remain active on a valid mode.

Note that in my case the giveaway are the Revlights, as long as the base revlights all light up in the regular order the base connects fine, otherwise Xbox mode does not work.

hope it helps

• Thank you for the tip! If I understand correctly, your revlights would still turn on in the regular increments of 2-3 lights at a time and then remain solid?

In my case, what should only be the first LED is actually all of them. Instead of getting the “rev” effect as the wheel rotates on initialization, all revlights on my base are on as soon as the wheel starts rotating. The only way I could get them to turn off was by going to BRF on the wheel and tapping brake pedal. Instead of the revlights responding to brake pressure, mine change at random by tapping the pedal (illuminated LEDs might go from 1-9 to 1-2 to 4-6 to off). If I exit BRF menu with them off they stay off, but seeing lights 4,5,6 illuminate while 1,2,3 are off makes me think there is a faulty connection or sensor.

either way, I haven’t tried your method of powering wheel base on/off while connected to PC or Xbox so I will give that a try.

• Update: Since warranty wasn’t an option, I watched a few videos to see how the WB case came apart (Sim Racing Garage’s review video is excellent reference). Very simple process and took maybe 15min to remove the wb from rseat and open it up. Internals did not look dirty or dusty, but I used a can of air duster focusing mainly on the optical sensor at the wheel ring. Put everything back together and that has fixed the issue, no problems in the last 2+ weeks.