Problem DD PRO: Wheel always shifted to the right

it is normal that the notch of the steering wheel is always slightly shifted to the right, unbalancing the steering wheel by 3 degrees? As soon as I put it back in the center the notch of the engine automatically responds slightly to the right.

Comments

• In the photo you can clearly see that it is slightly shifted to the right. Even if I reposition it in the center then it responds to the right (the notch of the engine is in fact not perfectly aligned).

• That's normal and should not affect driving.

• So a steering wheel that is not centred in its neutral position is the new normal for Fanatec? Things get more bizarre by the day. I would not be happy with that.

• When the wheel is powered off, yes that's normal. Something to do with the placement of the internal magnets IINM. Does it really matter, as long as when it's powered on and you're actually using it, it all behaves normally?

• Powered off isn't a problem - the wheel has no natural position without power. Maurice's comment suggests it also sits askew when powered on - as you won't be driving with it powered off.

• Ingame powered its fine. Without power its off center - non issue and fact on all of them.

• Yes, I was initially alarmed but have since learned that the angle when off is normal.

• Can you send a video during the automatic calibration to compare the respective situations? It would be useful not only for me but also for those who read in the future. Thank you 

• Same situation with my DD Pro (received 3/21). Per original poster's picture, wheel is slightly offset clockwise.

I think the position of the motor magnets causes this... not sure if this was done in intention or poor positioning.

When the wheel is powered-on, it does naturally wants to go offset position (using 5Nm, force feedback at 100%). I can feel motor faintly working/trying to get home to centered calibrated position.

I left DD Pro on overnight accidentally (and I'm sure I'll do it again time to time), so not sure how this will impact overall longevity of the unit.

I thought about loosening the black collar to see if it can be adjusted, but looking at other videos online the shaft is keyed so probably won't work.

I'm slightly annoyed, but not enough to tinker around with new $700 toy. It still works OK. Once warranty expires, I'll tinker :-)

• edited March 2022

Mine did similar. I used the windows based application to center the wheel. Took 3 mins. Works fine since.

I think I saw you can center it using the wheel without the Windows App in the manual too but the Windows app was very easy.