Bricked the DD1 base, bad firmware install

I switched to an older PC while troubleshooting a graphics problem. The PC had an older driver which asked me to update the motor. Everything else seemed ok. The motor was updated to v41 and then after a restart the fans spun up to 100% and the control panel could not see the base anymore.

i found a pdf that mentioned that i need to load an old driver that has motor version 41, so i deleted my existing driver and loaded 423. Now the base is on 686, the motor is 41, but the qr is 6 and the control panel wont detect the base

What am i doing wrong. Is there a recovery tool i can use to reset back to factory settings?

Comments

• After over 8 hours of loading many versions, I tried a different USB port from the one that I originally did the firmware update with and with the combination of the driver that matched motor version 41, I was able to get it back into the correct state and I have everything updated to the latest 450 version. Not sure why the prev USB port worked allowing the upgrade. Is it possible that there is some state stored somewhere that prevented me from using that USB port?

I will say as a software engineer, the tools should have done a better job by checking the version installed on the motor and ensuring that it the new version was greater and not suggesting that I needed an update that was earlier that what was already installed. At the very least it should have warned me that this was "downgrading" the version.

All good now, but not a pleasant experience when you want to race.

• Im also having the same issue with this crappy software of theres.

Bought a DD2 to go with my new sim rig and lastnight all i was getting was no connection. So updated firmware from the posts on here and im still getting the same issues. Tried all sorts of differnt usb ports and still a no go. For the money i paid id expect it to be a lot easier then it is or least update the firmware thats in the base when you manufacture more of them and not leave it at 2019 spec. My CSL DD was way easier i just plugged it in and off it went but nope not the more exspensive DD2. So im no stuck with a broken DD2 that wasted my money. Way to go Fanatec

• Bud KaysBud Kays Member
    edited May 2023

Horrible Firmware updating experience.

I am having some problem updating "motor" firmware - I'd rather not be spending time with horrible Windows utilities that are flakey :)

• I'm having the same problem, where can I download the actual firmware files?