Failed Firmware Update

Finally got my new Fanatec gear today, and its been a real crap shoot. After waiting an hour for the website to be stable enough to finally download the freaking driver, I noticed that all my firmware was way out of date. So I I started firmware updates, and after a few minutes it seemed to be frozen. Knowing that its never good to cancel firmware updates, I gave it almost 2 whole hours before I force closed it. Now it appears my new base is bricked. Wasn't able to get much support from the website because it was down but maybe you guys can help now. I've done the driver repair, tried different USB ports and power cycling the unit, etc.. If I hold down the power button for 8-10 second I get a blue blinking light and that seems to open a firmware update but still makes no difference.

First screenshot is from a couple hours ago on the original attempt. The second screenshot is what I get now when I hold down the blue button for awhile. Maybe I can choose a file to manually update? I really dont want to have to send this back!

P.S. its really annoying that they dont include $3 dollars worth of screws when you spend $700...