Decrease in amount of FFB - please help

Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out because I just got my CSL DD and boost kit but I'm having issues with it. I purchased the CSL DD a month ago and it arrived last week. It came with the 5 NM power pack and has worked flawlessly since then. I just received the 8nm boost kit in the mail yesterday upon which i plugged it in and booted up Assetto Corsa (my sim of choice over the last week). I verified that it said the 8 NM boostkit was connected in the Fanatec Control Panel and then I started the racing game. The FFB was instantly much stronger and felt amazing. However, I noticed my game would freeze every so many seconds for a frame or two. I thought, "That's weird." So I restarted SteamVR (as I play via a Quest 3) and Assetto Corsa. The issue persisted. I then rebooted my PC and Quest 3 as well as the wheel base. I still had the same issue. I then thought, "Well, this has never happened before and the only thing that's changed in my setup was the boostkit, so let me troubleshoot that." I currently had my PC plugged into a wall outlet that was separate from the outlet that was powering the wheel base, but they're located in the same room so I thought it might be somehow (bit of a stretch here but I figured I give it a shot) using too much power on that circuit coming from my breaker, so I powered off the base and plugged it in another outlet located in a different room. That oddly fixed the issue of the game freezing constantly, to my surprise. I then promptly turned the wheel base back off and plugged it into the original outlet. It was at this point I noticed the FFB felt almost identical to the original 5 NM even though I just tested it a few minutes ago on the same track with the same car. I was really confused at what was going on so I rebooted all of my equipment again and tested once more. The game was no longer freezing at all, but the FFB felt identical to the 5 NM still. I then thought I'd go ahead and plug the 5 NM powerpack back in just to see what was going on and it felt incredibly weak. Maybe 10-25% the normal FFB strength of the normal 5 NM. I did verify it now said that the 5 NM power pack was installed. I then turned the wheel base back off, plugged the 8 NM base back in, and it felt around what the 5 NM did again. Again, I verified it said the 8 NM boostkit was installed. I literally changed no settings and I cannot figure out why this is happening. The FFB felt so strong and intense when I first plugged in the 8 NM powerpack, but now I'm left sad, as after doing all of the above troubleshooting, it feels no more powerful than the 5 NM one, and the 5 NM one feels like literally nothing (it's so weak I can move it with two fingers). I'm asking for anyone to please help me. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Luke M.

Comments

• make sure it is 8nm in settings. and not 6nm or something like this

• you must activate 8nm in advance settings so far i remember

• Are you referring to the settings in the Fanatec Control panel?

• yes because default is 6 nm

• but it could be changed with the latest updates.

• I have been having issues with declining FFB as well. That said, mine is more gradual and I lose fidelity over time, not a lot - but some. I however am playing on a console. I have tried multiple things to resolve as well, to no avail. My CSL DD is pretty new (got in October of 2023). Short of it being an issue related to power on the circuit in my room (which I doubt as I have a meter on my high end power bank that all my equipment is plugged into and it reads anywhere between 118-123 V on average), I am thinking it’s an issue with the firmware on the base. I am currently on driver 455.

Which firmware are you running? Did you update it around the time you got the Boost Kit by chance? Was the issue happening at all prior wit the 5Nm PSU, and if not - what firmware were you running at that point?