My CSL P1 V2 wheel and CSL DD base are constantly disconnecting.

I have the CSL DD PC bundle, purchased in September '23 and have been playing since the end of November '23. I use the QR Lite hub that came attached to the wheel.

I will be playing something like AC or WRC and all of a sudden there will be no force feedback and the wheel won't work. Other times it will just be the controls on the wheel and the turning axis will continue to work. My pedals have never given me any issues. But sometimes when this happens, if I carefully apply pressure on the wheel, pushing it back into the base, then usually the wheel will turn back on and the whole thing will start to work again, mid-race. Other times I will have to turn the game off, go into the Fanatec Control Panel and restart everything. It's not consistent, but sometimes the wheel and base will not be recognized and other times it's just the base that is recognized. If I power down the base and then turn it back on with the wheel attached, it will sometimes fix the whole issue and I can go back to racing.

I've opened a ticket with Fanatec already and they suggested a number of options, all of which I had already tried and went back and tried again. None of those suggestions helped the problem and since it's still under warranty I am hoping that I can get everything fixed that way. Has anyone else experienced this issue and/or had to go through the warranty process? I'm worried that even if this is covered then I will be unable race for a long time as right now my wheel and base are unusable. It's very frustrating and I just want to get back to racing. I appreciate anyone taking the time to read and/or help me with this, thank you.

Comments

• I was hesitant at first but finally gave it a try. Unfortunately, it didn't help. Thanks for the suggestion though.

• that's how you are with them. you are not the only one who had the same experience with their support.

you have the feeling that some program (bot) is behind that email and not a human.

here is the collage above, he gave you smart advice on what to do.

If I were you, I would get this in addition; SSH-30-55-15

and tighten it with 10-12 nm. the same clamping strength of the screw is also with the original clamp "C". some say 15nm, but I think that's too much. so that the plastic shaft inside that comes from the engine does not break.

that design is very bad. they themselves admitted it by deciding to enter the world of DD bases with a completely new CS DD design.

shows that he doesn't really have a career for now. they break down and are not reliable.

if you get tired of all that, sell it and buy from the competition, there are better engineering solutions.

• looks more like QR1 lite issue if the reseating dosn´t help. you should check the pins. maybe one is lose. but it´s a case for RMA