Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Base. A bad buy for the PlayStation?

Hello everyone,

my name is Vitali and I wanted to start with Sim Racing. I bought a PS5 with ACC and quickly realized that I need a steering wheel.

And I think I've made the first mistake, I bought a set on EBay classifieds and can't get it to work. The PC mode always starts and I can't change it.

I have installed the latest FW. Did I buy the wrong CSL Elite? I thought the PS5 base was responsible for compatibility and all CSL Elite would work. Or am I missing something?

Hope you can help me, thanks.

Comments

• The wheel is fine. Compatibility for PS is determined by the wheel base, which the CSL elite isn't. Out of the current wheel bases, only the dd pro and dd+ are compatible. I'm not sure about any of the older ones.

• It's the CSL Elite+ that has the PS chip inside. The Elite + does not have the Fanatec branding on the side of the base, whereas the regulate elite does. Another clue is the front, the Elite + has a black faceplate, with Fanatec branding on upper left, and CSL eliite in blue on lower right.

Hope this helps.

• your wheelbase works only with pc and xbox. So yes you bought the wrong base. sorry for you. I would not buy now a csl elite base anymore. the risk is to high that it could broke soon, when someone use it for 5 years. you must then repair it by fanatec what is still possible, but at your own costs

Then a ready to race bundle is best way. you have 2 years warranty and u can upgrade if you like or sell it. problem is only that fanatec have atm big customer service issues. i hope like many others that they get their things together soon.