Last order for a while

Today is the day where I’ll get the final piece of the jigsaw….BMW GT2 wheel

over the last few months I’ve placed 4 separate orders from the UK, most arrived in a fairly reasonable time, but did have to wait around 5 weeks for one order in particular.

setup is now complete, got 3 wheels for my style of driving. McLaren GT3 wheel which I use on ACC and F1 23, I have my WRC wheel I use for rally and now my BMW GT2 wheel will be used on Assetta Corsa, Automobilista 2, RaceRoom and R Factor 2.

there are a few more bits that I could potentially buy, but I’d rather wait now until I see some improvement from fanatec in terms of delivery times, and customer service before I part with any more money.

I’ve been relatively unscathed in this whole fanatec debacle so count myself lucky that I’ve not encountered any major issues with them.

best of luck for everyone still waiting on orders or RMAs.

let’s pray that fanatec has a better 2024

Comments

• Try simdemon or another company who keep a UK stock of Fanatec (and other brands).

Costs more, but perhaps worth the peace of mind?

• yeah that's a good recommendation, cheers. TBH its partly because of the delays we've all been seeing, but it also has a lot to do with the cost. i've been looking at getting an F1 wheel but don't want to have to purchase the QR2 on top of it, so happy to wait a couple years until they come with it for free, either that or i'll wait for the 2024 Black Friday sale.

i've spent so much money over the last 3 months on sim racing gear, not to mention building a high spec gaming PC and and monitors to go with it, i promised myself i'd try and hold off from buying anything big again until Summer.

• 2024 Black Friday?

You must have the patience of a saint! I won't be in any rush to buy anything if meaningful changes have not been made to their systems for orders!

• Yeah that’s fair enough, I think we’ll see improvement eventually but it’ll be slow.

what will be even slower is changing the perception of fanatec as a brand. The internet never forgets, and it’s going to take ages to fix their reputation.

One thing in their favour is that their products are still very good. The rest should be fairly easy to fix if they show a willingness to change and are able to attack the problems with vigour whilst staying humble, open and honest.

as I said I don’t be ordering anything for a while but I plan to keep an eye open to see if they’ve learnt their lessons.