Fanatec Driver 457 (old discussion incl download) for CSL, ClubSport and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• You have random disconnect problems on gt7? I have had this problem also. 2 months ago I have placed a powered USB hub between the wheel and the ps5 and since I had no more disconnects. Hope it stays that way and hope it can help you to.

• Hi Marcel, interesting! Thanks for the information. It’s interesting because I have seen that the general advice is not to use a hub between, maybe the powered hub is different.

I might have a look into it.

thanks again.

• I think I screwed up and not knowledgeable enough to undo it, I have a DD+ , v2 pedals , shifter and bmw bmw gt2 steering wheel or w/e the model …. I was on firmware 455 and noticed there was 457 available, I didn’t have any issues on 455 simply thought we were supposed to always upgrade when one is available

now gt7 is like I can’t even feel the road and the steering wheel turns with one finger … any suggestions ? Not bright enough to help myself on this one , can I reverse the process or would I have to wait for a firmware that’s finalized?

• Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited July 26

Try in-game torque set to 10, in the base FFB set to 100 , FOR set to 120.

FFS set to PEAK if you have GT DD Pro.

• I did go to 10 setting on gt7 (was running 5 on the game prior ) and the base is at 15NM … and even at full in game ffb it is missing all the resistance of low speed turns its like the car is on ice I’ve tried every combo of settings and not even close to being engaged … my mistake, just don’t know how to undo it

• I didn't blame the qr 1 lite. But I talked about my specific case which is very similar to what is described in the forum and I also play the same games. But I see that there are people who want to play at 15 nm with qr 1 lite at gt 7 that 5 nm is enough. look on reddit, fanatec has been having problems with the qr1 steering wheel side and base for years. Why do you think they developed qr 2?

• Thiago LThiago L Member

When updating the GT DD Extreme to 457 once again to check with the latest GT7 update, I removed the wheel and noticed that out of 5 screws around the pins inside it, there are only 4, missing one on the top, LCD direction like.

Does anyone else with the wheel have the same?

• edited July 26

Thank you so much for the prompt response, I really appreciate it.

• and max filtrage on LMU

• did you update to 457 after the gt7 update? There seems to be an issue on some road cars where the FFB is really light. This isn’t a Fanatec issue if that’s the case. I’ve just come off and been in the Lexus RCF Gr 3 and it was spot on. Try that and if the issue is still there then it might be wo

• you know what ..... it was on the super formula cars, it felt like 2 NM max ..... on some road cars it was notcieably lighter but not like the superformula .... but i had just played on 455 and it was spot on .... i just ignorantly assumed all updates are an upgrade ..... not really sure what to do now.... ill do a sample of different cars ..... is there no way for me to go back to 455 ? Im dumb anough to go buy another DD+ until this bs is resolved

• Ok, time to burst the 457 fixes everything bubble…

I have just updated everything to 457… again… (I tried it previously and had issues with disconnecting).

In 3 races, 3 disconnects! 2 races on Eiger with a disconnection in each requiring power off and restart of the wheel.. no gears and no buttons working.

attempt a lap of the Nordschleife, 30seconds in… full disconnect requiring power down and restart, gave up after that.

457 DOES NOT FIX ANYTHING ON GT DD PRO!

here are the wheel details:

Everything up to date, I rechecked every cable, I moved the wheel power supply from a power board to its own wall socket, I unticked “save tuning” when I updated so it would return to factory setup. The only thing I adjusted in the tuning on the PC before plugging in to the PS5 was to reduce FFB to 80% which is what it was set at for the first Eiger race.

I adjusted the FFB up to 100% for the second Eiger race, as 457 FFB is almost non existent..

what a steaming pile of 💩 this has turned out to be…

I still haven’t got a response from support for my ticket, 20 days now…

I used a Thrustmaster T300RS for close to a decade with not one issue,

8 months with a GT DD Pro, what an absolute Cluster!

• Oh man, this is certainly a journey!.

first up I’ll apologise for my previous post, I was very worked up after all the disconnections.. and some of it was unnecessary, so my apologies everyone.

so,…I have gone back to my rig and checked over everything again, all looks great. It occurred to me that I didn’t plug the load cell pedal in and update it.. so I did. Now everything is updated to driver 457 firmware. I would say it has 95% resolved the disconnects.. I managed to get 3 full races, one at Eiger(97 M3), one lap of Nordschleife (GT3), and Red Bull Ring (GT3) all just quick race to keep it simple. I tried Eiger in the new WRX and had a disconnect requiring a full restart of the wheel, and then tried another lap of Nordschleife and had another disconnect requiring a full restart.

whilst I am pleased now that I got a few races without issues, 457 hasn’t resolved the disconnections, and the wheel doesn’t auto connect after a second or so once dropped out. ( pretty sure I saw somewhere that was possible).

Anyway, I guess if you’re experiencing disconnections, check to see if the pedals have been updated ( if they can be), it may improve your experience.

• Trust me. Go to the shop and spend 20 to 30 euros for a usb powered hub. I had no fait in it after receiving this tip from someone. You have the problem for 8 months, I had it for 14 months. Wheel has been returned to Fanatec and after receiving it back it disconnected 3 times in the first 20 minutes, then I went to the shop 2 months ago, spend 28 euros and never had a disconnect again.

• Yes you can go back. Re-install the 455 driver and when you go to update in the top right corner is a manual update button. From there you can backdate. Other may know the process better than me and may be able to give more information.

• Yep I think that’s my next step, thanks.

It’s about 70 to 90 dollars for me, but if it does work, worth it.

• You can always return it when it doesn't work, but I am sure it will.

• I reverted back to 455 but the force feedback is so light and nonexistent that has not improved. Maybe the firmware that came with the 457 driver needs to be removed I tried manual updating flashed everything seems fine except there is no resistance and texture and hardly any feedback now . Anyone has any input thanks .

• edited July 27

Thats just how the new GT7 update is. It massively lowered the FFB forces so in most cars you basically have no resistance anymore. Only a few cars feel good, the majority feels shit.

Have a look at GT Planet or Reddit, the web is full with reports of broken FFB after the newest 1.49 update.

Game needs to fix this, nothing you can do with Firmware or settings.

• Yes. The usb hub also solved the disconnection for me. I've been suffering with it since February.I already had an RMA and it was sent back, it was just as bad, it was constantly disconnecting. Now I read that the usb hub was worth a test and there is no disconnection for now.

• I do not think that is my case since i played for 90 minutes on the 25th when the 1.49 update was released and I was on driver 455 ... while I may have noticed slightly diff fbb it was only on the 26th after I flashed 457 that the fbb dropped by 90% ..... I actually purchased a second DD+ last night from Fanatec because I am old enough to know these things won't take a couple of days to resolve themselves ..... I have flashed enough CPUs in modded cars to know when I screwed up ....... I reverted to 455 this morning but I am not confident I can unflash the firmware ...... I read possibility of bricking (which I have done on personal cars before too ) ...... any advice on how to unlfash the firmware ? I went manual but all it does is reflash whats already there ........ I assumed 457 was an upgrade over 455 I did not realize it was fix for some users....my base was perfect even after 1.49 .....thanks for the input

It is the QR2 lite that came with the set

I had the disconnection yesterday. It happened twice, the first one felt like the car had no grip and the second time it was when I was pressing square to change the camera and it did not work and lost of feedback. They both last for a second or so.

And I am not sure if I miss shifted or it was the wheel.

I like the multi coloured dials backlight. But they disappeared later, don't know why.

• DD+ running 455 base FW 2.0.1.4 w WQR from 457 FW 1.1.0.1 - 457 base FW FFB is not as good IF your base can run 455 w/o issues in GT7. The changes in FF in GT7 are due to the physics update, and may be worse w 457 post update but don’t know haven’t tried as it felt weaker and less detailed.

Upping the FFB strength resolves most of the change in strength feeling and I find the update to be a BIG improvement in GT7 feel.

Yes some cars feel lighter because the change expands the range of suspension movement and compression sent to the wheel so downforce and weight are a bigger factor in how light cars, low downforce cars feel. Some may need tweeks.

Tire model is also changed so narrower tires and street tires feel less grippy. But the racing tires are really improved and GT cars are now feeling much better

So try adjusting settings - damping has been increased in game so if running high NDP try turning it down

Unfortuately the DD PRO 5nm is going to feel too weak and the 8nm is right at the edge. The DD+ is feeling really sweet and I’ve still got some headroom to work w strength wise. Best GT7 FF so far IMO

A patch is expected to fix the bouncing cars issues w really extreme suspension settings hopefully they don’t mess up the rest

• Hi Marcel, please excuse my ignorance, but do you mean an externally powered hub? Does it connect straight from the back of the DD Pro?

thanks

• good info, yeah I ran 455 the 25th day of release and didnt feel too off but soon as 457 was flashed it was like driving on top of air..... I reverted to 455 and instead of 5/10 torque in game ill do 7-10/10 depending on the car ...... I do feel road texture and ffb has been lost although the physics of the car now allow both more turn in and more possibility to overdrive it ..... its a hard sell accepting a game with litltle resistance so hopefully they adjust something cause feels definitely disconnected seat off the pants feel

• Drop your in game sensitivity

try in game ffb 9, sensitivity 6.

keep npd below 35. Im currently at ndp 20, nfr off, nin off, int 3-6ish

not sure if these are final settings but after a couple days its kinda where im at. Really liking the update. Lots to explore. Loving the weight transfer and how grip is better conveyed.

The big surprise with this update is how much more relevant brake and throttle control have become. If you guys at fanatec are sitting on a fancy new full force enabled pedal set…now would be a good time to drop it. Would sell like the hot cakes.

im on 455.

This discussion has been closed.