Return process for faulty pedals

Received brand new Clubsport V3's recently and the brake pedal was dead on arrival. Have tried every conceivable method to fix it myself without taking to it with a soldering iron.

The other two pedals work fine but literally zero response from the brake when plugged into any of the sockets underneath. When plugged into the brake, it remains at 0%. In either the clutch or throttle, it just stays at 100%. When plugging the throttle into the brake socket there is also no response. I'm not sure if other pedals can work in other slots but I thought I'd try anyway. Either way, getting no response from both the brake and the brake socket.

Have lodged the support ticket along with video proof although have not received a response besides the automated email. I'm in Australia and my original order came within a few days so I'm considering just buying another set of Clubsports as it seems the quickest way to get it resolved. Question is, can I return the faulty ones for a refund or will they have to be repaired and I end up with two sets of pedals?

Comments

• Jon KramerJon Kramer Member

You will end up with two sets of pedals.

Fanatec will repair yours and send them back to you.

Will most likely take at least a couple of weeks to respond to your ticket request.

• Have found two things (see below) in the terms and conditions that suggest a refund is possible, one of which is unique to Australia based on our consumer laws. Seems like the option for refund or replacement is my decision as the issue was reported on the same day as delivery.

a) If you choose to revoke this contract, you must do so within 14 days of receiving your order. We shall reimburse you all payments we have received from you, including the delivery costs included in your order

b) All goods sold in Australia come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.