Association between drivers and firmware

Hello, expecting my set tomorrow and couldn’t be more excited. It’s been a while since I had updated my CSL elite base before I sold it so now want to make sure I understand completely before proceeding with any kind of update.

So, here are me questions:

1) do you have to install latest driver to also install latest firmware for each device?

2) I also have the clubsport shifter, handbrake and v2 pedals. I had these installed directly on my base so I never plugged them on their own using a usb on my pc. Is there any chance that they might have firmware available that I am not aware of because I didn’t connect them in their own? I never bothered because everything worked without any issues at all.

3) is there a changelog for firmware releases per device?

4) getting the dd+ and given the current status of even the 457 driver, what should I do? Safest bet from what I understand is to stay/update to 455. What about firmware though? DD+, QR2, RS Wheel..? Should I update… CAN I update if I am not in the latest driver?

5) although somewhat out of scope, I can’t find settings for many games for DD+. Are other bases somewhat similar so I can base my settings to those, eg CSL DD, and only adjust FFB strength?

Any suggestions or comments welcome, I am sure others might have similar questions. Thank you!

Comments

• 1) Yes. The firmware is included in the driver package.

2) The V2 pedals Loadcell may have a firmware update. Check the "Driver releases and Discussions" section of the forum. Each driver package has a list of firmware/fixes/enhancements etc.

3) See #2

4) See if it works. Read through the driver documentation to see if it fixes anything you find wrong/doesnt work. Should you update? up to you?

You can only update the firmware for whatever driver youve installed.

5) Depends on what games....? Theres the "Racing Simluations / Racing Games" Section on this forum - usually the Fanatec recommended sections are in there. Otherwise, Maurice has Fanalab profiles for some games

• Thanks for the reply!

• Jack PickettJack Pickett Member
    edited May 24

None of the 3 devices in 2) have upgradable firmware.

The ClubSport v3 pedals (not v1 or v2, not familiar with CSL v2 pedals) do and the USB adapter for either the shifter or handbrake also has upgradable firmware.