Esport driver/firmware VS public driver/firmware

I wonder how much different is the driver that Esport players use and work with in a tournament and why it is so stable in tournaments compared to a broken public driver like the 456/457 that we have to play with..? Is there a workaround for them in case it doesn't work properly in a tournament or in one of them practice sessions like the case with the new driver 457 is now for us public racers. Why don't or can't you let us know what the workaround is for Esporters in case their driver is broken so we can have a stable driver also, or are we just guinea pigs to get the new drivers stable for the Esport Tournaments you Fanatec is a big part of..? Just wondering..

Comments

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited May 26

i think most issues currently are at clubsport dd

i not really see any very big issue in 456/457 at csl dd

also i think Esport mostly use dd2. that most likely not have have big issues aswell . i not installed my dd2 the 457 yet

• Yeah csl dd also have issues now with new driver 457 because no ffb sometimes and shifts not properly work and driver 456 also had problems with the firmware loop and also with the trayapp. I don't know if many xbox users have the same problems because 98% is only talking about pc. I am only playing on Xbox and i only use my laptop for the advanced wheelbase settings and sometimes for my pedal deathpoint settings, but I don't trust the 457 driver yet so i wait for clean install with a proper official driver on my new laptop when most problems are fixed. 457 is only a kind of beta at the moment. Only real official driver is 455 and that's also recommended by Fanatec if you wanna download a driver. 457 or even 456 is not popping up as default download only 455.

• 456 have loop issue yes because it not find the steering wheel firmware number and show that as 0 in csl dd