Software Issues with the CS DD Extreme Wheel

A couple of weeks ago, I received the CS DD Extreme and have been experiencing some software issues with the wheel, which I will explain below.

To start, I have the driver 455, which according to what I read, is the last stable version of the software. I updated both the base and the wheel, but when I turn on the wheel, a "warning" symbol appears, indicating that the version is 1.0.3. I don’t know what this warning icon means.

One of the most frequent issues is that when I enter the settings mode on the wheel to switch profiles or adjust something, sometimes the screen freezes. When this happens, I can’t do anything: I can’t access any settings or exit the configuration mode.

Another problem I’ve encountered at least 5 times in these two weeks is that suddenly the wheel stops working. The pedals and the base continue to work, but none of the buttons on the wheel, including the paddles and the configuration button, respond. When this happens, the only thing I can do is turn the base off and on again.

I’ve tried updating the software through the application, but it indicates that I already have the latest version. Although these issues are isolated, they occur too frequently in my opinion.

Comments

• Raymond XuRaymond Xu Member
    edited May 28

LED screen freezes: Upgrade the wheel firmware to 457. Warning: Only upgrade the wheel, not the base.

Stop working: Base problem that many people have reported here, which likely will happen more frequently in near future. Can't be reproduced by Fanatec, so no fix atm.

So you'd better contact the support right awary, ask for a RMA and wait for a month for a robot reply and wait another month for the RMA label. Then you wait another month for the replacement. So at the start of the 4th quarter of the year, you can get the replacement. But if you are lucky enough and get another unit with defects, then welcome to 2025.