Wheel shakes randomly and violently when pausing the game

Hi everyone,

Started having some issues with my DD Pro recently, where the wheel will sometimes go completely out of whack when pausing the game, either manually or by failing, for instance, an attempt during a license test.

It keeps spinning in one direction, with a lot of force and unpausing makes it violently snap back to center. It can actually hurt, is anyone having the same issue, maybe with other wheels? I'm not sure if it's the game, the base or the combination of the two.

Incidentally, it just dawned on me that the wheel rotation in game is stuck to 360. Is this 'normal' or a bug for me? Cheers

Comments

• That's a known Firmware issue for years which was fixed for the Podium DD some time ago and is still open on CSL DD, GT DD Pro and CS DD. No ETA for a fix yet, but it's still under investigation to be fixed at some point in the future.

• Thanks Maurice, it only started happening relatively recently for me, which is why I found it so strange..

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited May 28

there is one scenario where i know how this possible trigger all the time in pc.

its when you debug a ffb app. then make a loop pause and then close the app.

it this specific combination it happens.

in game it may trigger i guess similar. game close connection with steering wheel but effect self not released or something like this and then fanatec hardware still thinks that effect is running what makes forever spin

yes i know. it sounds little as game bug but fanatec is that who needs make they hardware safety for not allow trigger this first place

not sure why PS not even discovered that specific bug when they give a license for fanatec self