Fanatec Driver 457 (Update on CS DD+ Disconnection Issue) Driver and discussion open for everyone

Comments

• @Jeffrey Pietrowicz

To avoid the update loop bug, you must downgrade from 457 to 456, then downgrade to 455 from 456

• And detach the sterling wheel

• I went to 454 because my base goes into the boot loop and every time I try to go to 455. Like Raymond says remove the wheel rim when doing it. So I run 454 in the base but 457 everywhere else and it seems the most stable combination I’ve found.

• i think there is maybe a problem with the W11 24H2 Version (still RC). So i need to fix my Driver cause wheel isn´t recognized. Right now i try to reinstall the driver completly

• You ALWAYS have to reinstall the Fanatec Driver after big Windows Updates.

• well if that were so clear then the virtual racing forum would not recommend 455 base and 457 QR

• Buddy you saved my weekend! I had considered this, but the one time this was asked, the guy was called an idiot for asking... some guy having a bad day yelling about "messing with drivers".. My disconnection issues were if i paused and walked away for a few minutes, sometimes i would lose connection with acc. then having to reboot the game because a wheelbase reset took away ffb. this with 455. but never lost connection in race. 457 caused full disconnect in corners lol.... full throttle into a stack of cars. couldnt race online like that...

Im going to keep everything else at 457, just put the base back to 455 to experiment.

thanks for the reply!

• already knew this part.. 3rd fanatec wheelbase, went form csl elite to gt dd pro 8nm to dd+. This was my first experience with "bad firmware" in 5 years tho.. PBMR barely works lol. display non functional in game and sometimes the knobs crosstalk. the red knob will operate the middle knob 1 click the first time you touch it then work properly... but so many times i was losing time then realized my map was on 9 because i adjusted bias....Im hoping my loyalty wasnt misplaced...

• edited September 2

Any idea if changing QR in DD Extreme wheel (from lite that it uses now) could fix the disconnection issue? Or is it actuall base issue ot wheel..

I am all on 455 and oj PS5 all was fine but today ok iracing after about an hour shifts stopped working and oled screen froze, i could still steer tho.

After reboot it was fine again but after some time oled started to behave like in first run before it froze (weird numbers on current lap time etc). Fortunately managed to finish the race without shifters issue but duno od thst oled thing always show up as a symptom?

• OK after 2 hours no weird inputs or loss of input. no weird force feedback glitches either. only reverted base back to 455, left qr at newest and pbmr at 457. I have a "M-sport GT", (a podium hub, shifters, and pbmr with a cube controls gt zero rim). Issues with pbmr persist, everything else still good all my podium hubs and my clbsprt rs320 are fine. (mclaren too..)

I'm on PC, but it seems these disconnection issues aren't console specific for sure.... I'm going to hold onto my gt dd pro for a bit just in case I ever need an rma tho lol. This scared me quite a bit, been almost 2 weeks of these 457 disconnects and trying to make the 457 to 455 downgrade "stick". Scared I bricked my base. Just got my pace in ACC up to 80, trying to get it up into the 90s (disconnects scared me into hotlaps only lol)

On a good note, this DD+ decimates the gt dd pro. not just the strength, but it made the rather bland ACC ffb jump alive comparatively. That makes my decision to stay with Fanatec feel better. I'm heavily invested (especially considering I bought podium hubs and qr2s for all my 3rd party wheels already) in Fanatec and I don't really love anyone else's built in ecosystem. Asetek stuff is UGLY and low in choices. Moza is cheeep. Simagic ffb is lacking. SImucube is $$$$ and I would have to sell off/convert everything i have...which also goes for every other choice. I just hope I didn't invest in a carcass.

• No the QR is not the issue. I have tried it.

I have downgraded to 454 and I don’t have the issues you do. I have spent some time testing other stuff and only just gone back to 454 in the base and 457 in everything else. I haven’t had any issues in a week. I have a feeling I may have experienced a brief drop in FFB with no loss of anything else using this combination but I have tried so many things I’m not sure if it was with this combination. Personally I would suggest everyone tries using 454 instead of 455.

• Ok tonight I had 2 disconnects which came back after a few seconds. This hasn’t happen in a few weeks. Only difference tonight is I was back in a gt3 car. Is it possible this is only happening on cars with heavier steering.

• what base ? someone talked about this earlier before that he notice something like this

• Dd+ on ps5 gt7.

• Same configuration..updated 455 since delivery 2 months ago..no problem..crossing the fingers..

• I’ll try ps4 mode for a few days.

• Hello everyone.

I tested version 457 on my CS DD 12nm.

I have currently encountered no problem for installing the 455 to 457.

I have tested for the moment on RaceRoom and automobilista 2.

no problem of disconnection or other bug.

(I will try to push the tests further)

• I could swear I am getting miss shifts now on my Formula V2 wheel. I am running QR2 and DD2 bases. Also on my other wheel with the PBME and Podium Hub, I am getting more frequent freezing of the PBME. All buttons become unresponsive and the LEDs will remain stuck in their last taken state.

The APM still works and the car still turns etc. Removing and reconnecting the wheel fixes it, but can't do this mid race!

• Hey all,

Any DD1 users with 457 drivers ? I see a lot of discussion for disconnecting issues but seems more on DD bases. How about DD1 ? Or simply just stick with 455 ?

• i think someone talked some issues at DD1, stay at 455 for now.

• You might confuse things. There is basically no issue with P DD reported with 457 so it's safe to use.

• someone at 457 driver section say that he had some issue with 457 in dd1

• edited September 5

OK. 1 from thousands during 4 months.........

• I don't have miss-shifts with older drivers for example

• I dont have miss-shifts even with 457 (only with BMR but thats a whole different issue altogether).

• here DD1 driver 457 no issues

• it could be that those complains may come from this PlayStation DD1 version

• only 1 ? i saw more, and if even one user complains that after update there something wrong then that's already a warning sight

• edited September 5

not really. Not even 5 or 10 would be a warning sight when you know how many people with P DD have downloaded 457 and use it without problems.

BTW: 455 feedback thread has more reported issues with P DD than 457. Just sayin.

In the end P DD users can use both 455 or 457 just fine. Neither is really better or worse than the other.

• why you protect so hardly ? forum is full off messages about driver issues