Fanatec Driver 457 (Update on CS DD+ Disconnection Issue) Driver and discussion open for everyone

Comments

• DISCONNECTION ISSUE CLUBSPORT DD+ FIXED!!!!!

Just wanted to put up a post for anyone still having disconnect issues the following has worked for my setup.

Current Setup:

• Gran Turismo DD Extreme (Club Sport DD+ W/ Gran Turismo Wheel)
    • Club Sport V3 Pedals
    • Club Sport SQ 1.5 Shifter

From day one (March 25 2024) I installed the 4.55 driver along with Fanalab and had disconnect issues (both on PC and PS5). Normally this would be in the form of the buttons on the wheel and paddle shifters not working. Steering input, pedals, shifter, and FFB were all unaffected. This would happen after around 1-4 hours of playtime didn't matter the title or system (Higher FFB setting could increase the issue), it would only correct if the wheel base was turned off and back on.

Vary rarely (maybe a total of 10 times) I would have the pedals disconnect, this would last for around 5-10 seconds and then they would come back to life.

I never did an update to the 4.57 driver, based on the comments I was worried about the disconnect/reconnect being worse then just losing my button inputs and something told me it was related more to firmware then driver.

On August 23 2024 I installed the following Firmware updates (Running Driver 4.55, Fanalab 2.01.45):

Since the install of both updates I have had 0 disconnections on PC or PS5 and ran 100s of laps over multiple titles, GT7, AC, ACC, AMS 2, Dirt 2.0, F1 24 --- over 250 laps in this title alone and it was one of the worst offenders! I also noticed that the FFB seemed a bit stronger then before (could be a placebo effect) but at 85% in ACC I felt my self getting tired sooner then normal in races.

There is still 1 issue that I have had since day 1 that has been unresolved, but you can work around. When the wheel is booted up for the first time if you do not engage the paddle clutches on the wheel, the clutch will engage mid corner when the wheel is at apx 30-60 degrees of rotation (mostly noticed when turning right). As long as I depress both paddle clutches to 100% this issue is solved, it seems like the clutches have a SUPER high sensitivity upon boot up but calibrate upon initial use. This problem does not come back until the wheel is rebooted.

Since the updates I have had 1 new issue which DOES NOT effect any functionality and is ONLY present on PC. The ring RGB lights around the hats on the wheel do not always power on correctly. Pre-update Fanalab was programed to Green (Top Left), Blue (Bottom Left), Red (Top Right), Yellow (Bottom Right). Since the Firmware updates when the wheel boots up the Top Right ring is off instead of red. No matter how I change the settings (enabled or disabled) in Fanalab this seems to persist on reboot (I have even tried to override the settings in the ini file). Setting the color to factory default in the Fanatec app resets the colors to white as expected and is currently my solution upon restarting the wheel. I think this may be a compatibility issue between the 4.55 driver, Fanalab V2.01.45, and the firmware updates.

I hope this helps at least 1 of you out there!

Thanks to everyone at Fanatec that is working behind the scenes on these issues!

• edited September 8

"Since the updates I have had 1 new issue which DOES NOT effect any functionality and is ONLY present on PC. The ring RGB lights around the hats on the wheel do not always power on correctly. Pre-update Fanalab was programed to Green (Top Left), Blue (Bottom Left), Red (Top Right), Yellow (Bottom Right). Since the Firmware updates when the wheel boots up the Top Right ring is off instead of red. No matter how I change the settings (enabled or disabled) in Fanalab this seems to persist on reboot (I have even tried to override the settings in the ini file). Setting the color to factory default in the Fanatec app resets the colors to white as expected and is currently my solution upon restarting the wheel. I think this may be a compatibility issue between the 4.55 driver, Fanalab V2.01.45, and the firmware updates."

That is no compatibility issue, it is a known firmware issue of the CS DD base since day1 which affects every wheel which has Button LEDs like BMW M4 GT3, BMR and the GT X. It is known and on the list to get investigated at some point in the future.

• Driver and discussion open for everyone

Also does CSL Pedals work Clubsport DD/DD++ or not? i'm little confused about this.

because user tell in driver section that for him it doesn't work

but same time there are not many reports about this.

• edited September 9

Yes it works but with a known Firmware issue with a huge deadzone.

Issue is internally fixed and waiting to get merged into public release firmware branch.

• 3 pages of allen adding 0 value! Ban this guy already .

• A person who know a little bit about something can be a dangerous thing. He may know chips and coding but doesn’t have a clue how Fanatec equipment works. Instead he grabs at straws and tries to tell the people who do how to do their jobs. It’s getting boring now. It’s about time this thread got back to what it is supposed to be which is the reporting of issues, or even solutions that users feel have made a difference to them.

• Maurice, you have the patience of a saint my good man.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited September 9

off topic, this thread is about fanatec gear not about myself

if you want chat me personally, i can give you a Discord link were we can talk about me

edited September 9

why you read this topic anyway? there not been any updates since April 25

also i'm flattered that you talk about me even tho it's totally off topic

• In GT7 go to options controller general calibration and you can see the response after base start. Clutch paddles start at 100% with the initial activation, after which they work fine 0-100. Each is read separately. HB works same. I use auto cal on the pedals and then set max for each peddle by pressing max for 2 secs. Although you will likely do this by just driving on track anyway at some point.

Not sure if that clutch paddle behavior is same in man cal mode - I had some odd results in GT7 and its inconvenient to use the PC to try and manage when using the PS

in other games not sure how that’s handled - F1 series recognizes the clutch but its binary anyway and not used after start

• Frankly I think it's Zekko (wasn't that his name), but with a cleaned up, concealed act. Most of the times it's a subtle little jab, but you read enough of his posts you start seeing the attacks. I don't even know why this guy posts here, as he doesn't give off the impression that he's a Fanatec fan.

edited September 9

what attacks you talk? im open minded and look other company stuff as well what they are doing in world. but i totally fully use the fanatec DD2 and also CSL DD when i have mood

you been spend in this forum too much tho if you been read all my posts, to you even self use any fanatec gear?

to you even play any games at all?

• Maurice Böschen asked why im here? question would same from me why you all here and not play a games

• keep in mind kids there is no such thing here like magic wizard

if hardware have issues then it needs either firmware update or repair

• I think you have too much free time... I think!! No hard feelings!! ;)

edited September 9

well, about that you are right. but it's kind off topic again?

why we talk about me? i'm not a Fanatec Driver 457 or Clubsport DD/DD++ or whatever fanatec hardware

• Hello, I'm new here. 
    well my problem is that the pedals do not register above 20% input 
    I have the CSL without a load cell and the DD+ base with the f1 2.5 steering wheel
    luckily I don't have disconnections

• I have an issue I think is a firmware issue in the wheel. Version is 457.

DD2 with Formula V2.0 wheel. Saved in last mode (XBOX)

Wheel 's mouse collapsed so replaced with new Formula V2.5 (while repair RMA is opened knowing it will take a while) and changed to QR2.

Powered on and wheel only needed update.

All works perfectly except it now ALWAYS starts in PC mode. All the settings are saved, but with new V2.5 wheel (that I know has a new chipset to old 2.0) always PC mode.

So is this a firmware bug with the specific wheel firmware? I don't have my 2.0 wheel can't tell you but its a different firmware completely for the two wheels.

No other issue apart from two mode selection swaps to XBOX mode.

Is this a known issue or can it be added to the next update?

Cheers!

David

• Yes it is a known Firmware issue but it is unknown when it gets fixed so it could be that it wont make it into the next driver.

• Ok ok thanks

And the problem is with the CSL without a load cell or with a load cell, do they work well?

and the elite v2?

• Honestly I don’t know who that is but I’ve noticed that although he does try to help people in here he does target Maurice. I don’t understand how someone with no experience of Fanatec software or how that integrates with the hardware can think he knows more than the people trying to fix the issue. I talk to people from Fanatec and they are working hard, despite the current situation they are in to find a solution for us. Can you imagine being in their shoes? Then you get him prodding at them constantly thinking he’s helping.

Stick to giving us advise, just without the attacks on Maurice because actually Allan your pretty good at that. Maurice can only give you information that he’s allowed to give out. It is the same with every company out there. We need to respect that he’s here with advise and guidance where he can. Help him with that rather than going up against him constantly.

edited September 10

don't enter the empty conclusions if you not know everything.

also Maurice Böschen is not a kid, he does not need babysitter

in fact Maurice Böschen seems know allot, sometimes i even fonder what position he actually have in fanatec

in my eyes he is not a regular customer support who draws all day the finger nails.

edited September 10

what i not get is why we even talk about those stuff, are you fanatec worker?

because that stuff is totally off topic

• i have no answer for this, i not really remember that anyone actually complain about v2 in clubsport DD/DD++

• Im currently using ps4 mode to see how that goes. No disconnects since but only a few hours done.

iv no idea what firmware I’m on it says 2.1.0 when I turn on wheel. I had a coil while fix 3 months ago maybe they have 457 on it now because of new pcb board?

im still getting regular miss shifts on podium wheel however.

• edited September 10

Problem solved by accident, for me at least:

I might have found a containment for the disconnection problem by accident. I am using a DD Pro with a BMW M4 wheel on PS5, GT7 and had persistant and frequent and very annoying disconnections for a few seconds and I am on the driver 4.5.7.

Tomorrow I get my new gaming desktop, I am going to try iRacing. For that I bought a USB switcher box for 15 euro to be able to switch my wheelbase easily between the PS5 and the desktop. I tested the box, the box works fine.

That was a week ago and since than... no disconnections, non at all for several days, several sessions, several hours, not one!

I can not explain this but I had the same problems as other people, I changed 1 thing and no disconnections any more.

"SOUNIX USB 3.0 SWITCH bidirectional", 1 port on 1 side, 2 ports on the other side, not powered, 1 switch at the top.

You might try that, for me it works.

I hope this works for more people.

edited September 11

probaply not a good idea promo here third party products what not even guarantee fix issues for other users

the third party products self could cause issues sometimes what user in first thinking not even know.

like Maurice Böschen tell in other post, stuff like this may lead only a confusion

--

powered usb hub does may fix issues sometimes, because pc own usb low port voltages, but even that is not always guarantee

--

they mostly already know where disconnect issues may come other-way thy would not even post this questioning in first page.

• I'm not promoting a product, I'm promoting a containment or a solution for an annoying problem for many. I mentioned the brand of the USB switcher because this part fixed the disconnection issue for me, by accident. Other brands might do the same, I don't know. A USB switcher might influence the bidirectional communication between the wheelbase and the PS5 just enough to eliminate the issue which occurs just 3 seconds per lets say 30 minutes. With my system it worked.

Other solution: wait for Fanatec to solve the issue.