Does anyone know about the Xbox sdk and Fanatec?

Do the leds and the extra telemetry work now with Xbox? I have been deciding on getting Fanatec but I have heard that some buttons and telemetry do not work is this still the case? Have they fixed it and been implemented? Thanks for the support!

Comments

• No they dont.

SDK is developed and shared to first game developers since late last year, first games like Forza Motorsport have it already implemented.

Atm it is up to Fanatec to implement the new SDK features into the Firmware which is on-going right now to be finished soon either late this or early next year. Ultimatively it will then be up to game developers to implement the SDK into their games as without the SDK implemented via a game patch the LEDs etc will never work, so only games who are till supported by the devs will be able to benefit from this new features anyway, old EOL games which dont get updates anymore will never get the features working.

• Ok thank you for the input mate. For now I am going to hold off getting a fanatec wheel until it’s patched for the main games for f1, forza etc. Also so the telemetry works on forza motorsport right now?

• John EganJohn Egan Member
    edited October 1

They (Fanatec, Microsoft, game devs….) has been talking about this and blaming each other since before I bought my first Fanatec wheel base in 2020.

At that time it was said “it will be resolved soon” it was claimed “the sdk is being opened up for this”

4 years later, still we wait.

And no, the lights etc do not work on Forza yet (well, not when i played it last, which was 2 weeks ago)