Formula V2 wheel and Podium advanced paddle module not working correctly

I have the Formula 1 V2 wheel with the advanced paddle module but the paddles are not working correctly. No matter which one of the four function I select I can not get the middle paddles to work. It shifts with the top paddles and the clutch will work with the bottom but nothing with the center. When I am in Fanatec Wheel Properties and you push the top paddles it indicates that the blue center paddles are being pushed? I have the Club sport wheel base 2.5, V3 pedals and the formula 1 V2 wheel, all are less than a week old.

Comments

• You are very likely on an old firmeare. To get the APM working you have to be at least on the included firmware of driver 336.

• Thanks for the quick reply. When I load the fanatec wheel property application it says all the firmwares for the Formula V2 wheel and the Club Sport V2.5 base are up to date? I have even tried to reinstall it, is there a way to wipe all the firmware and start from scratch? Since I do not have DD1/DD2 it won't recognize the club sport 2.5 wheel base in fanalab, unless I am doing something wrong?

• Please do NEVER trust what the driver says about availability of new firmwares. All the driver does is to check if the devices are flashed with the firmware which is included in the driver package itself. It does NOT look if there is a newer version available online.

Which driver do you have installed? CSW v2.5 is fully compatible with Fanalab - if you are in the latest version which is compatible with Fanalab so this also indicates that you are running on an outdated firmware.

• When I go into the fanatec wheel property page here is what it says:

Wheel base firmware: 628

Wheel base motor firmware: 18

Steering Wheel Firmware: 22

How would you manually update the firmware outside of the wheel property application? When I try and load fanalab I get the error "Install driver package 352 or higher" just not sure how to do that

• And there We have it, your driver is completely outdated and simply doesn't support the APM at all.

As said, you need at least driver 336 to get the APM working. And you need at least driver 352 for the latest FanaLab version. Both can be found either on the Webshop page of the APM or here in the Forum in the Beta driver section.

• Maurice,

I updated the firmware off of the link, however when I open the wheel property app it tells me the wheel motor is not the latest firmware and freezes when I try and update it?

• Maurice,

I have gone back through all the firmwares to 346 and every one of them freezes up when trying to update the motor firmware. Any ideas on how to fix this?

• Maurice,

I have gone back through all the firmwares to 346 and every one of them freezes up when trying to update the motor firmware. Any ideas on how to fix this? I have even tried it on other computers to see if it was just an interface issue.

CSL 2.5

• Maurice,

Was hoping you could respond to my last post?